News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How do i get a "Link to a Category"?

Started by Srinib, December 16, 2012, 12:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Srinib

In the FAQ section and also in a couple of other places in my forum, i need to refer to a particular Category. But when i copy the Link to URL for that particular category, it give me a URL in either expand or collapse form, followed by some other alpha numeric characters, which changes from session to session.

http://www.myforum.com/index.phpaction=collapse;c=1;sa=expand;aa0fbebdcab=1fb9db45e869b30cb90c949b8965b6d3#c1

It should be something like this:
Example: For a particular category, Click this link.

And when the user clicks the "Click this link", he should go to that particular category. If my guess is correct, it is a simple thing. But i am missing something.

Kindred

Actually, it's not so simple a thing... it doesn't exist in SMF by default.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bigguy

You can use the linktree to get a url for a category. Go into a board in the category you want the link for...in the link tree you will find the url to the category, right before the board name. I have it setup like this on my front page on SMF Helpers.

Kindred

Oops...  You're right, bigguy.
  Index.php#c and then the category number after the c ...   That will bring you to the index page, with the category anchor.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bigguy

Holy crap, there's something you don't hear a lot, lmao. :)

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Srinib

Thanks a lot guys. That solves my issue.

Bigguy

Dwev

Thanks to this thread I realised I didn't need the View Single Category mod, which makes me very happy (already have way too many mods installed).

👍🏻 😀

Advertisement: