Advertisement:

Author Topic: [MOD][WIP] FXTracker  (Read 41066 times)

Offline NanoSector

• Customizer
  • SMF Super Hero
  • VC321xb47@aperture:~#
    • Yoshi2889 on GitHub
[MOD][WIP] FXTracker
« on: December 17, 2012, 12:02:16 PM »
This mod has been up for a while now. Decided to push it here.

FXTracker Alpha

A simple bug tracker for SMF. This mod is still in development, therefore WIP status added. However, there's an initial Alpha release, here, which you can use to use it for basic stuff or something.

Current features include but are not limited to:
- Add/edit/remove projects
- Settings panel
- Entry management (add/edit/remove entries, mark them)
- Notes system (sort of replies to entries)
- Permissions in Admin panel
- Dynamic menu button (have it show the amount of important entries)

Installation:
The Package Manager will do. Install it at Admin > Package Manager.

Languages:
Only English (non-UTF8) is included at the moment. The language base will be expanded sooner or later.
There is also Russian included (thanks Bugo!) but it doesn't get installed, I'll make something like a language pack sooner or later.

Live demo

Changelog:
0.1 Alpha:
- Initial release

Up-to-date code can be found on GitHub

To compile
Download the GitHub repo as ZIP. Unzip it on your computer.
After that, open the folders Package and Source in new windows.
Copy ALL the files from Package to the Source folder.
Remove the readme.txt if you wish (it contains instructions).
Then you can create a ZIP or tar.gz of the new Package folder. (do not ZIP up the folder itself, just the contents).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:00:32 AM by Gary »
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Offline ehr_aaron

• Semi-Newbie
    • @EHR_Aaron on Twitter
    • EffortlessHR
Re: [WIP] FXTracker
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 03:14:42 PM »
You may want to mention that this is a Bug Tracker for SMF. I had to visit the GitHub page to find out what it actually is. Thanks for sharing it.
Aaron @ Effortless HR Blog [nofollow]

Offline NanoSector

• Customizer
  • SMF Super Hero
    • Yoshi2889 on GitHub
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 03:16:42 PM »
You may want to mention that this is a Bug Tracker for SMF. I had to visit the GitHub page to find out what it actually is. Thanks for sharing it.
Woops, did I just totally forget that? :o

Added in, thanks for mentioning :)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Offline ivomirb

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 05:39:07 PM »
I need a simple light-weight bug tracker - nothing fancy, just bug title, description, status (open/closed) and optional attachments. So I am trying to install this on SMF 2.0.3.

I got the Bug Tracker entry in the main menu, but when I try to add a project it gives me an error that "This project is description-less! ".
Also when I go to github there's a message that the latest stable build can be found here: hxxp:map3cms.co.cc/index.php?action=viewmod;modid=1 [nonactive]
But that site seems to be down.

How do I get this FX tracker to work? Also, do you have a demo project somewhere, so I can see how it looks before I spend any more time trying to get it to work?

Offline NanoSector

• Customizer
  • SMF Super Hero
    • Yoshi2889 on GitHub
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 05:44:21 PM »
I need a simple light-weight bug tracker - nothing fancy, just bug title, description, status (open/closed) and optional attachments. So I am trying to install this on SMF 2.0.3.
This bug tracker system features all but the attachments :)

I got the Bug Tracker entry in the main menu, but when I try to add a project it gives me an error that "This project is description-less! ".
Did you enter a description in the big field under the title? I have been thinking about removing this check though, remove this code in Sources/FXTracker/Admin.php:
Code: [Select]
                if ($_POST['proj_description'] === '')
                        $errors[] = $txt['pedit_no_desc'];

Also when I go to github there's a message that the latest stable build can be found here: http://map3cms.co.cc/index.php?action=viewmod;modid=1
But that site seems to be down.
Yeah, the site seems to be down, I contacted my hosting company for that.

How do I get this FX tracker to work? Also, do you have a demo project somewhere, so I can see how it looks before I spend any more time trying to get it to work?
I have no demo projects up right now, sorry. When my site gets up again I have the tracker installed :)

Offline ivomirb

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 06:41:21 PM »
Did you enter a description in the big field under the title? I have been thinking about removing this check though, remove this code in Sources/FXTracker/Admin.php:
Yes, I did try entering a description (multiple times), but still got the error. I will try your hack.

OK, for the time beeing I will stick with the gihtub version. At the moment I just want to play with it.

BTW, do you plan to add attachments? Seem like an important part of bug-tracking - "oh, the software doesn't work right, here's a screenshot".

Offline NanoSector

• Customizer
  • SMF Super Hero
    • Yoshi2889 on GitHub
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 06:45:59 PM »
Yes, I did try entering a description (multiple times), but still got the error. I will try your hack.
That's a bug then, thanks for reporting :)
(heh, a bug in a bug tracker)

OK, for the time beeing I will stick with the gihtub version. At the moment I just want to play with it.

BTW, do you plan to add attachments? Seem like an important part of bug-tracking - "oh, the software doesn't work right, here's a screenshot".
I was planning to do attachments but in SMF they're a kind of a hassle, so I have no idea if I'll be doing those. Besides, there are plenty of online image sharing services - take a look at LightShot :)

Offline ivomirb

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 06:51:59 PM »
I hacked the code to let me add a project with no description (BTW, there were 2 places in the code for that), but now I can't enter issues. I get the same error - "•You didn't enter a description!". Is it possible FXTracker is not compatible with the SMF 2.0.3 text entry control, so it's rejecting the whole thing? I am using mostly stock SMF 2.0.3, with 3 mods installed - Board Notification Mod 1.2.1, Topic Solved 1.1.1, and FXTracker.

As for attachments, it is not just images - sometimes people can attach configuration files, busted output from the software, etc.

EDIT: Looks like disabling the WYSIWYG editor allowed me to enter issues.

Offline NanoSector

• Customizer
  • SMF Super Hero
    • Yoshi2889 on GitHub
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 05:07:20 AM »
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, that is one of the reasons it carries the Alpha label :)

Offline ivomirb

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »
No worries, I think I'll go with a dedicated category within the forum instead of a tracker mod, like it is done here at SMF.
Just letting you know that WYSIWYG doesn't quite work.

Offline navynuke04

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »
I've installed FXTracker and it seems to be working well. I ended up editing it some to customize it to my purposes. For example, I added a few new fields (Operating System, Able to Reproduce, etc).

One thing this is lacking that seems important to me is that new entries are not marked as new. It sorts them by the order they are entered, but if someone does an edit or adds a note, you won't know unless you go into the issue and check it.

How hard would it be to add this?

Offline NanoSector

• Customizer
  • SMF Super Hero
    • Yoshi2889 on GitHub
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 03:18:31 AM »
It should mark entries as read once a new note is made... Not sure about editing an entry, but I believe it should as well.
Been a while since I last touched the code though. I'm thinking of rewriting the thing to add more features and to fix bugs, the current code is an entire mess.

Offline Arantor

• Resident Overthinker
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Legend
    • Arantor on GitHub
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:24 AM »
The problem isn't that they're being marked as read, it's the fact that there's no display of unread to the user - there's no 'new' button being shown.
To assume is to hope that those who came before had the presence of mind and capacity to implement the dreams of those who would come after.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. It seems you have chosen which, and now I must do the same.

Offline NanoSector

• Customizer
  • SMF Super Hero
    • Yoshi2889 on GitHub
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 05:04:41 PM »
Well, this is implemented in some form I believe... I'm in no state to check the code (both physically and mentally).

Offline NanoSector

• Customizer
  • SMF Super Hero
    • Yoshi2889 on GitHub
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »
Hola,

It's time for a release which I personally find production-grade!

If you feel like trying out this semi-public release, check the code, or punish it until it will only spit at you, feel free to do so :)
If you encounter a bug in anything you do in the tracker, or simply want to see things in another way, please fire a report here:
https://github.com/Yoshi2889/FXTracker/issues
(Oi I'm not using my own tracker :-\, will use it once it is proven to be stable enuf, it is installed but not yet set up at my site)

Download (ready for install in package manager):
https://github.com/Yoshi2889/FXTracker/blob/master/bin.zip?raw=true

Have fun bashing it! :)

Offline NanoSector

• Customizer
  • SMF Super Hero
    • Yoshi2889 on GitHub
Re: [MOD][WIP] FXTracker
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 12:20:31 PM »
Locking this, since this is going to be a paid mod.

Try a snapshot here: http://nanosector.ddns.net/fxt