News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Photopost and SMF intergration login session problems.

Started by kisii, September 13, 2005, 02:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kisii

I have had this integration for  a while but recently after i either upgraded to smf 1.1 Beta 3 or Photopost 5.03 ,  I started having problems with users and even the admin getting logged off intermittently. I have gone over the issues with the folks at Photopost but they don't seem to think that its their problem and suggested that I should wait for the SMF stable release before I point fingers. This is getting on my nerves and I desperately need a fix. Another aspect of this problem is that if you want to get around it , you must ONLY log into the SMF  and then follow a link to photopost to stay logged in. Is anyone having these issues , anyone with the same integration that works fine so that I can replicate the settings for a TRY. PLEASE RESPOND!!!

[Unknown]

Does it work better if you turn off database-driven sessions?

-[Unknown]

kisii

No I have tried all options on and off but it does not work.

[Unknown]

And the cookie names used by the softwares are different? (I would suggest putting "SMF" in SMF's cookie name.)

-[Unknown]

kisii

Just as an update, I have had to deal with this problem for so many months and I'm just about fed up with the Photopost. They say their scripts are just fine and theres nothing they can do. I have however  tried an integration of SMF 1.05 and PP 5.12 and they work very well ( rendering cookies and thus keeping one logged in). There must have been something that was changed with RC1 that changed a setting somewhere. If I can get anyone who knows  what was changed to to tell me, I will be a very happy man.

Kjell H.

Kjell H.

Update.

Photopost has been very helpful sorting out some minor problems I had with integrating the two scripts and it is now as good as it can be at this time.

The only thing I wanted to do was to add the SMF menu to Photopost classifieds, but ran into problems corresponding with SSI.php, so at this time I will give it a rest.

Here is the forum: http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/