News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Modsite slow

Started by vbgamer45, December 19, 2012, 09:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Reporting slowness with the modification site.

Just wondering what makes the modsite when updating a mod?

For instance I am just updating the version numbe for SMF on  a mod and not doing a notify to users, nor uploading new files.

But seems to take over a minute just to update.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Deaks

yeh this is a known issue and its been worked on.  Something to do with how the servers are configured I think I was told.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Mick.

It hangs for a while then an error page. but if you refresh the page, the mod is loaded.  :-\

vbgamer45

Anything can be done to help. I notice even the main forum gets under stress. Now is that due to db server or just webserver with many requests.

If many requests maybe look into a service like cloudfare might cut down on bot traffic
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Deaks

I am not 100% sure but I think there is plan on a server upgrade but I have only heard this through rumour mill.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

LiroyvH

Yeah the hardware is being made ready for that actually.

The current problem with *uploading* are being investigated, they do not appear to be related to stress at all but in some server-side handling. How it suddenly out of the blue started happening is not entirely clear... Yet. ;)

As for the current high loads, the servers are a bit pissed off because I gave them 300.000 emails to send out at once...
It will clear up within the next few hours judging by the progress. :)
Sorry for any inconvenience.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

MorozAlex

Lets see if they will upgrade it soon.

Matthew K.

The problem was actually resolved, see the Attachment issues topic.

Advertisement: