News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Search Statistics

Started by DrateX, August 23, 2005, 11:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrateX

It would be helpful to me and to others I am sure to have a MOD that would track all the results that users on my forum are using when trying to find content on my site. All the MOD would need to do is track all search terms / searched for users and display them on some stats page. The stats page could be visible to all or visible only to moderators/admins depending on admins choice.

If this MOD could be created, I would be the happiest SMF user in the world :)

(when I was a phpBB user... I requested this MOD and it was not even glanced at :( )

Thx for your time!

xenovanis

Wouldn't that kill your database? If you have a forum where are lot of searches are going on, you require all these terms to be stored in the database...
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

DrateX

hhhmmmm... .true enough... I guess your DB could fill up pretty quickly :(

Unless someone had some unique way to set up the tracking in the tables :P

[Unknown]

Are you just interested in what they are searching *for* or what they received from the search?

-[Unknown]

DrateX

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 23, 2005, 11:53:10 PM
Are you just interested in what they are searching *for* or what they received from the search?

-[Unknown]

I am only interested in what they searched for.... What they found isn't anything I would like or need to know.

This in theory should take up less space?  8)

sergetaran

I think it is not such a big deal. You can have search resuests stored and set a limit - last 1000. or last 100. Auto delete of the old ones.

I vot for this mode! I t essential to know what people are looking for.

DrateX

Quote from: sergetaran on September 07, 2005, 08:47:00 AM
I think it is not such a big deal. You can have search resuests stored and set a limit - last 1000. or last 100. Auto delete of the old ones.

I vot for this mode! I t essential to know what people are looking for.

Yes.. that would work. A list of the last 100 or so searches! Excellent twist on the idea. Thx!

Possibly this # of last stored searches could be something that the admin could choose to change in his admin panel. to make it more or less.

Anyways... if this MOD is developed I would be truly grateful as I am sure others would be as well :)

Advertisement: