News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP] Mod Builder

Started by NanoSector, December 24, 2012, 08:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I'll do this now so I don't forget. :)

margarett

Yoshi, thank you very much for this. I have been using it in my (short list of) MODs.

In the previous version (1.3) I could never "Convert a Package to a Project". In this version I finally could.

But there was something wrong with it. In this specific case, I am doing a series of operations in Load.php:
    <file name="$sourcedir/Load.php">
        <operation>
        </operation>
        <operation>
        </operation>
        <operation>
        </operation>
        <operation>
        </operation>
        <operation>
        </operation>
    </file>

(not pasting the code as it is an unapproved MOD yet)

After import, I only get 1 operation in Load.php (the first one).

You can get the affected MOD from modsite directly ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

NanoSector

Hmm that's weird.

I'll have to admit, the conversion process isn't the best piece of code. It's quite possible that it just grabs the <file> tag and only grabs the first operation within.

ETA: Confirmed this
https://github.com/Yoshi2889/ModManager/blob/master/OrganizingProjectC/Forms/convertProject.cs
Around okButton_click. Notice how there is no foreach with the file tag [note to self]
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Bigguy

I was going to report this when it happened and I will try to reproduce this but I could not use it. It was erroring out every time I tried to do something. I am using ver. 1.4 Running W7 on x64 I'll get back to you when I know what I did to break it, lol. :)

NanoSector

The error itself would help, too ;)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Atomic Blaze

* Atomic Blaze feels left out

No XP support :(
Trick number one, looketh over there. Doth endeth the trick.

Follow me on Twitter!

Party Llama || GitHub

NanoSector

Upgrade yer software :P

I'd love to support XP but Vista+ make it much easier to do certain things.

Arantor

And in less than 3 months, XP will be unsupported anyway.

NanoSector

Mod Builder 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 are released :)

=== 1.4.4 ===
! Bugfix: Fix bug where downgrading MB does not store the actual version in the settings.
! Bugfix: Converting a package now takes all instructions into account.
! Bugfix: Really fix bug with versions.

=== 1.4.3 ===
+ Feature: New Update dialog.
+ Feature: Changelog diplay upon update.
! UI fix: Resized Mod type and Mod ID controls for better UX.
! Bugfix: Wrong icon displayed on PHP code check success.
! Bugfix: PHP code checking now does not display a CMD dialog.
! Bugfix: When adding/editing a source code edit, now displays the correct titles.

This should fix margarett's bug and add Colin's suggestion. Thanks guys! :)

birdenemeklazim

NanoSector

2.0 is coming along nicely, I've been working on it in my spare time. :)

So far it features a completely different internal structure, which is much easier to maintain and should be much more stable. It no longer depends on reading package info files, and no longer requires a database to come along with it. Projects now run entirely from memory, so no more annoying "you first need to save your project" messages. Furthermore it no longer crashes if you move, rename or delete your project files (if the file is deleted the project can be gracefully moved to memory).

Projects are saved in xml format, but with extension .mbproj. You can edit them with your favorite text editor if you like. Internally, the program serializes the Project class to make this possible. Proper error handling is implemented. I've got rid of my custom field validation and used built in .NET components. Everything has moved to one form control and I'm trying to move the entire project view to one nice tree structure.

Right now the codebase is a bit of a mess with a lot of unfinished items and a main form with too much code :P But at least the basic project system is functional. I have a sketch in my head for translation support, and the whole structure is also pretty much planned.

If there's anything you'd love to see in 2.0, let me know! Every small feature can make a big difference. 

ZerK

looking forward to this :D i ve never been good packaging my mods

Adonix

C. Davis

It would be cool if you could edit a smf installation and it would detect what had been added and you could checkmark what you DID add.

C. Davis

Also, if it had the option to UPGRADE packages instead of making you uninstall old mod versions and install the new one.

Kindred

I don't think you understand what this script is or what it does...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

C. Davis

Quote from: Kindred on September 30, 2015, 07:58:54 PM
I don't think you understand what this script is or what it does...
You're really ******ting on me today aren't you?

I have the current version already. This program creates the package to upload to the server to install a mod.

In it's current state, you have to uninstall the old version of a package before installing the new version. There is no option to create an update script.

Kindred

As do 99% of the mods on the mod site...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

C. Davis

Quote from: Kindred on September 30, 2015, 08:07:59 PM
As do 99% of the mods on the mod site...
Don't you think it would be nice have a feature like that?

Plus, he did say
QuoteIf there's anything you'd love to see in 2.0, let me know! Every small feature can make a big difference.

Advertisement: