[WIP] Mod Builder

Started by NanoSector, December 24, 2012, 08:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Updated screeniez.

Also wanted to mention that it is able to create full fledged mods by now, take a look at my mod sources for samples :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

NanoSector

Just wanted to tell you all that I now consider it stable enough for everyday use :)
I squeezed some bugs today which really needed fixing, and couldn't get errors to pop up anywhere so... Happy breaking, and of course happy modding!
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Adrek

It requires Java? If not, what can cause error:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: modbuilder.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03: 50fb04a6
  Problem Signature 04: ModBuilder
  Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 50fb04a6
  Problem Signature 07: 1e
  Problem Signature 08: 2b
  Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1045
  Additional Information 1: 82e2
  Additional Information 2: 82e23b36efee975bd0e9417ff09fe7bb
  Additional Information 3: e9d3
  Additional Information 4: e9d3cc276366e08802f24e3be780099a

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Mod builder was downloaded yesterday using link from first message (Download the latest version (installer))
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

NanoSector

It does not require java. What were you trying to do when the error occurred?

Adrek

It happens when I try to launch this app.

Tony Reid

This is awesome, and takes the boring bit out of mod writing and lets you get down to coding. It reminds me of Boardmod(se) from the YaBBSE days :)

Yoshi, I noticed your using Linux - do you have this running under wine/crossover - or via a virtual machine?

I primarily work on a macbook - as I move around a lot... so just wondering how you use it on a linux box :)

Tony Reid

NanoSector

Tony, thanks, I'm an OS traveler hehe. I'm on Windows 8 now. Anything with .NET 4.0 should be able to run it, I'm not sure if Mono runs it, emanuele said it crashed when opening a project. I was planning to write this in a cross platform way but Visual Studio doesn't allow me to, unfortunately. Maybe I'll switch to MonoDevelop sooner or later to make it cross platform.

phantomm, can you check if all files are present? As a minimum you should have ModBuilder.exe in the installation directory, along with either a x86 or x64 directory with a single DLL file in each, depending on your system architecture :)

Adrek

i think that all files are there:

NanoSector

Hmm, did it throw a .NET exception? It should look like this:
http://prntscr.com/ps1n3

Adrek

No, there are no other errors.

NanoSector

Hmm, I'm lost then, sorry :-\

As a last thing, you can try reinstalling Mod Manager completely.
Uninstall it from Control Panel, then delete the entire Program Files (x86)/SMF Mod Builder directory, and reinstall the program using the setup.exe from GitHub :-\

I've never seen this error pop up before, sorry, and it doesn't give me enough details as to what file it is looking for (it's saying that a file wasn't found and therefore has thrown an error).

Adrek

Then I guess that there is something wrong with my system, on another computer it woks fine :)

NanoSector

Quote from: phantomm on January 20, 2013, 09:30:23 AM
Then I guess that there is something wrong with my system, on another computer it woks fine :)
It works fine here too, no idea what could be wrong :-\
Glad it works on another computer though :)

Ricky.

I just noticed it Yoshi and you are doing great, I wish I had time to try it but will definitely try soon.

NanoSector

Tony Reid

Quote from: phantomm on January 20, 2013, 09:30:23 AM

Is your other computer 64bit too?
Tony Reid

NanoSector

It should work on 64-bit computers as both my iMac in Boot Camp (win7 64-bit) and my laptop (Win8 64-bit, previously Win7 64-bit) can run it fine...
Maybe reinstalling .NET on the faulty PC works, I have no idea :-\

Tony Reid

Yeah - I was just wondering if its a 32bit problem.
Tony Reid

NanoSector

Looking at the screenshot where he showed all the files, he is running 64-bit since he has a Program Files (x86) directory, which doesn't exist under 32-bit Windows. :-\

Tony Reid

Good point. I just wonder if his other machine that it runs on fine is 32bit.

I'm really looking forward to having fun with this tomorrow though.

Looks like a great little app.

Tony Reid

Advertisement: