News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[WIP] Mod Builder

Started by NanoSector, December 24, 2012, 08:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Adrek

yes, other computer is using x86 system - Windows Vista.
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

demlak

same problem here on XP 32bit..

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : modbuilder.exe     P2 : 1.0.0.0     P3 : 50fb04a6
P4 : modbuilder     P5 : 1.0.0.0     P6 : 50fb04a6     P7 : 1e     P8 : 25     
P9 : system.io.filenotfoundexception     

NanoSector

Hmm, it has worked on your computer...

I'm wondering if it's the update mechanism I introduced. I'll install a virtual machine today if I find time to check this out, if I don't find time it'll be tomorrow.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

XienDev

Not working o mine computer, Windows 8, 32 bit, installed correctly, but after launch -> nothing happens =(
I'm not a native English speaker, so feel free to check my posts for spelling errors and improve them

NanoSector

Hmm I definitely have to check this out, if I only had more details...

I'm going to set up a virtualbox machine today, with Windows XP 32-bit, to test this, as I've never seen or expected this behavior before...

demlak

it´s not a xp related problem.. as phantomm described here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=493451.msg3474257#msg3474257

the error seems to be related to a missing file.. "system.io.filenotfoundexception"..

NanoSector

Quote from: demlak on January 21, 2013, 12:24:12 PM
it´s not a xp related problem.. as phantomm described here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=493451.msg3474257#msg3474257

the error seems to be related to a missing file.. "system.io.filenotfoundexception"..

I know but XP is the easiest for me to set it up. Maybe it's because of a missing program, idk...

NanoSector

I got to reproduce the error on Windows XP. I'll try to diagnose what is missing and I'll report back soon! :)

NanoSector

And a fix is being uploaded as we speak :)

Just redownload the setup.exe file, trash 1.0.1 and enjoy 1.0.2 :)

(fai, it was a single shape causing issues - it was part of Visual Basic PowerPack which isn't distributed with .NET)

demlak

XienDev

I'm not a native English speaker, so feel free to check my posts for spelling errors and improve them

NanoSector

Glad to hear, thanks for the help all :)

Oh, fai, I implemented an auto-update checker into the program. I have yet to figure out how to save settings for the program, I'll create a setting for this ASAP. In the meantime I hope you all trust me and don't go and trash the program because of this :)

XienDev

At "Convert package dialog" working only one button "browse" to output directory.. other buttons are not working at all.
PS. Win8

NanoSector

I know, I keep forgetting to disable the button ;)

It's a high WIP, I hope to get it finished by the end of the month.

N i g h t m a r e

This is very interesting, thanks for this :)
I'm checking it out right now! Gonna attempt to make a Avatar pack with this :)

But it is a bit confusing as i am highly new to this, i hope someone can stear me in the right direction with these questions:

I am creating a avatar pack so how would i put it together? its all very confusing... how to i upload images for avatars and stuff like that?

Arantor

Honestly, if you're new to it, the best thing you can do is look at existing avatar packs and see how they work (it's just a folder of images, with a .xml file that tells SMF what to do with it)

Colin

No kidding, Yosh. This is my first time seeing this. What a nifty little app. Fantastic work!
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

NanoSector

Quote from: -♦-Zeum-♦- on January 24, 2013, 11:22:49 PM
This is very interesting, thanks for this :)
I'm checking it out right now! Gonna attempt to make a Avatar pack with this :)

But it is a bit confusing as i am highly new to this, i hope someone can stear me in the right direction with these questions:

I am creating a avatar pack so how would i put it together? its all very confusing... how to i upload images for avatars and stuff like that?
Hey Zeum,

Just fill in the Details tab (select avatar as type). Then open the project directory (Files tab). Copy the directory which contains the avatars into Source. Then go back to the Mod Editor, go to Extractions, click Create instruction. In the window that pops up, in the top box select the directory that you just copied. In the second dropdown box select $avatardir.
Click OK. Now click the Add instruction button at the bottom on the same tab. Again select $avatardir, then in the textbox enter the name of the directory.
Now save the project (File > Save project) and you are done.

If you want to create a ZIP package, click Project > Compile. Save the ZIP and give it a pretty name. For this step however you need to unzip and rezip the package, else it won't work correctly (an issue with SMF, sadly).

May seem a lot but it can be done in 2 minutes :)
Good luck!

Thanks Colin :)

NanoSector

Zeum, did you get any results trying what I said?

Advertisement: