News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[WIP] Mod Builder

Started by NanoSector, December 24, 2012, 08:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Version 1.3 released!

! Fix compiler; it now works correctly without having to re-zip files, due to 7-zip being used!
+ Code templates; you can now create templates in the form of PHP files, which can be dropped into the editor with two clicks!
+ Code checking; you can now check your code for PHP syntax errors (not instructions)!
+ Recovery methods; Mod Builder now keeps the installers for all old versions, so you can revert to an older version if you'd like to!

Make sure to check your Options screen to enable all features.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Dhayzon

great application 

thanks

NanoSector

"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Scareface

How to setup file permissions ? For example I setup an extract information but the php file created is always 666 permission. So it cannot be access. So how to change the default permission of extracted files ?

NanoSector

I'm not sure that is possible with a package, I'd have to read in to that. If it is possible, I will add that in the next version :)

Chalky

Would this enable a coding thicko like me to build a mod Yoshi?  I made some manual edits to my forum that I think are pretty funky, so by comparing my files before and after and feeding my changes into your mod builder, am I right in thinking I could actually maybe possibly with a fair wind.... create an actual mod??  :)

Acans

I just had a quick play with this to build my hacks into mods and it works perfectly! :)
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Chalky

Thanks snow, I'll have a play and see how forgiving it is  :P

Acans

It's not evil at all, it did these simple edits without any issues.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=479348.0

Installed and uninstalled perfectly, and the readme maker is cool! :)
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

NanoSector

Just as a note, v1.3 will be the last version to support Windows XP, and Windows Vista and 7 users will have to install .NET 4.5 if not installed yet.

Why? I'm going to use .NET 4.5 for all versions from 1.4 and beyond. It features better ZIP handling (so it's just a native call instead of using an external version of 7-zip) and runs *much* faster (my development build loads a big project in under a second, whereas it takes two or three seconds on the older version).

What I can say about v1.4 for now:
- Dropped support for Windows XP,
- Removed 7za.exe,
- Removed Files tab from Editor,
+ In exchange, under Project, a button is added to open the project window,
! Overhauled Files to extract/delete tab,
! Editor cleanup in general,
! Fixed ZIP functionality (for real!)
! Optimisations in dialogues so work can be done faster,
! Optimisations in various places in code so the program runs faster in general,
! Code cleanup and logic fixed in various places,
! Better use of icons to make things clear

Due to more calls to the "native" API, Mod Builder should run *better* under Wine/Mono (if it supports .NET 4.5 yet)

Colin

When you change the type of source modification, add after, add before, or replace the text above the text areas does not change to reflect this update.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

NanoSector

Text above the text areas? ???

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

NanoSector

Ohh, that. It's not intended to do that either, though I should add that in a later version. Thanks for reporting :)

NanoSector

So, getting ready for 1.4.

I dropped the Hook and Settings editors for the sole reason that mod authors can write up these things themselves, it's not a big effort, and templates have been added to the editor anyway to make this easier.

Mod Builder 1.4 should overall be more stable than 1.3 and below, and brings a good batch of improvements, noted above.

I'm going through the final testing phase, and will let you know when it's time to update :)
(you can also of course keep an eye with the Check for updates button)

NanoSector

Feel free to download 1.4 right now :)

It'll require a manual update, the updater is unfortunately borked. I'll fix that in 1.4.1.

Bigguy

Installed it. Will have to check it out real soon. Nice job man. :)

NanoSector

Thanks bigguy :)

1.4.1 is out, this should be the last manual update. Update executables are now stored in %AppData%\Mod Builder\Updates which should be writable.

Adrek

I installed new version (1.4.1), and have small issue when I want to open project, select path for SMF files or WAMP Server (see attachment).
Here's what is under Details button:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
   at ModBuilder.Forms.Options.browseSmfPath_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ModBuilder
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SMF%20Mod%20Builder/ModBuilder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Windows 7 x64
net framework 4.5
If you need other specs let me know.
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

NanoSector

Oh god I forgot a few DLL files... :|
Hold on for a bit. I'll push out 1.4.2 which fixes this.

ETA: Fixed. Please update to 1.4.2 (finally using the built-in updater :P)
Let me know how the update process goes.

Advertisement: