Add Facebook Like, Tweet, and Google +1

Started by PokémonS, January 02, 2013, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas

Upgraded to 2.0.10 tonight (fresh files) and the admin config options are not showing.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

lordf

In Chrome the faceebook icon is missing, in others browsers it works perfectly. Any solution?
Thanks

neggard

I just installed this mod. No errors when install.

Activate all 4 boxes.

Dont see any button.
What could I do?

Harvester

do these buttons actually reflect on facebook when we like a post?

Harvester

Does anyone know the answer to this for me?

Im starting to think that the Like is not linked to Facebook in any way and that I am probably better of just removing this mod.

cpf

I am trying to uninstall this mod, but I keep getting the following error:

Quote2.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManageSettings.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/ManageSettings.php   Test failed

Is it safe to continue with the uninstall?
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

Kindred

you will have to manually undo those code changes, the same way you would on an failed installation
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

whoey

Quote from: lordf on November 09, 2015, 02:23:01 AM
In Chrome the faceebook icon is missing, in others browsers it works perfectly. Any solution?
Thanks
change the facebook url to use https in Display.template.php

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=',
to
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=',

njtweb

Thank you, I think it's working as intended. If you click facebook like is it just liked there in the forum, it doesn't send open up a post to Facebook window like Twitter does if you click that?

floyde

I see now, I thought this mod mod posted to facebook wall,

but it's not posted to facebook wall.
somebody help me?

Kindred

no. this mod does just what it says.  facebook LIKES...   AFAIK, there are not currently any mods which will post to your facebook wall.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

floyde

Quote from: Kindred on June 28, 2018, 08:35:17 PM
no. this mod does just what it says.  facebook LIKES...   AFAIK, there are not currently any mods which will post to your facebook wall.

I can create the share button, do you have any idea how to put the post?

when I click share it does not look like the post automatically.

Do not share the post

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/share_button.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.my-site.com.br&layout=button_count&size=small&mobile_iframe=true&appId=5454541254545478&width=107&height=20" width="107" height="20" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>';
}

Do you have any idea how the topic will appear here?

Kindred

That is what I just said.. there are no mods which do this because it is much more complicated than you seem to think. Additionally Facebook keeps changing their API which makes it more difficult to maintain any application that is built. Finally iframes are bad practice overall
Слaва
Украинi

floyde

Quote from: Kindred on June 28, 2018, 11:54:54 PM
That is what I just said.. there are no mods which do this because it is much more complicated than you seem to think. I just only Facebook keeps changing their API which makes it more difficult to maintain any application that is built. Finally iframes are bad practice overall

I did a mod edition, and it worked very well,

if someone wants the mod edited just send me pm

njtweb

Quote from: floyde on June 28, 2018, 04:41:34 PM
I see now, I thought this mod mod posted to facebook wall,

but it's not posted to facebook wall.
somebody help me?

This is your best option. Works great for me. Adds the "Share this bar" above or below your post text with every social platform option to share to contained. No mess of icons all over your topic.

Share This Topic Mod

andy12gr

This mod is OK for 2.0.19 ?
I dont see the facebook icon, only twitter

Diego Andrés

Facebook changes their api every 2 days so it's hard to keep track of that  O:)

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Advertisement: