Related Topics

Started by niko, September 14, 2005, 11:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acsieben

I don't know if anyone else experiences this or not but it's kind of an hassle. Google is using dates from the related topics table to grab the oldest and apply that as the indexed date related to the entire page.

I have a particular situation in a thread created two weeks ago that Google returns as being from Apr 2012. Apr 2012 is the oldest of the related topics that this topic has.

Does anyone have any pointers on this? I found this:
https://support.google.com/customsearch/answer/2364585?hl=en

And I'm trying to get it setup, but I don't know if it will help or not.

Cheers

Edit: I'm thinking that most likely the best way to prevent this is to make the related topics available to logged in users only.

Edit2: I opted to just hard code it:
$topic['last_post']['time']
to:
$context['user']['is_logged'] ? $topic['last_post']['time'] : ''

danzycool

hi I install this mod on SMF 2.0.11 and it caused error to my database, please how can I fix it?

aegersz

This doesn't go to the right Topic where browsing a board normally, i had to turn it off.

any idea why ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

badon

Niko was last active exactly a year ago today. I think it's safe to assume this mod is abandoned. Can anyone suggest an alternative?

vbgamer45

The mod still works. I use it on my forums.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MULITRI

I have installed this Mod without any error, but after configure the settings as it said, related topics box doesn't appears anywhere. I'm using v2.0.13 with Anecdota Theme, it's a bit strange, i don't think it could be related with the Theme, but if anyone knows let me know to ask to Theme's Author.

Thank you.

aegersz

Quote from: aegersz on August 22, 2016, 01:56:24 AM
This doesn't go to the right Topic where browsing a board normally, i had to turn it off.

any idea why ?

sorted - i forgot to rebuild the indexes ... now finally installed and functioning well !
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

dsanchez

When trying to rebuild the indexes got this error message:

Incorrect string value: '\xC4\x8Denja...' for column 'subject' at row 110
File: /var/www/html/Sources/Subs-RelatedFulltext.php
Line: 71

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

any help will be appreciated!

1.1Nerd

I had this mod working well on my old forum but on a new SMF 2.0.17 it breaks the code when wanting to access a topic and give this error message:

Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_msg)

When wanting to rebuild the index I get this error:

The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes
File: /var/www/web7/htdocs/Sources/Subs-RelatedFulltext.php
Line: 29

Any thoghts?

Arantor

You're running it on a modern MySQL instance that uses InnoDB tables by default, and this mod expects MyISAM tables.

Don't use this mod; use the other one that's actually maintained.

1.1Nerd

Douglas

Quote from: Arantor on August 20, 2020, 07:02:40 PMYou're running it on a modern MySQL instance that uses InnoDB tables by default, and this mod expects MyISAM tables.

Forgive the ol' bump up, Arantor, but what other plugin? SMF's Customize only showed one mod for "related".
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

shadav

Quote from: Douglas on August 17, 2021, 04:12:45 PM
Quote from: Arantor on August 20, 2020, 07:02:40 PMYou're running it on a modern MySQL instance that uses InnoDB tables by default, and this mod expects MyISAM tables.

Forgive the ol' bump up, Arantor, but what other plugin? SMF's Customize only showed one mod for "related".
it's because it's named similar topics :)
https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=3473

Douglas

Thanks, Arantor! Appreciate it!
Doug Hazard
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)

shadav

*giggles* not arantor, but you're welcome

Douglas

Doggone it, Shadav... I am so sorry!
Doug Hazard
* CFB Historian

Advertisement: