Login part of the forum missing after move to a new host

Started by Kevin_forum, January 05, 2013, 11:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_forum

Hi guys I hope you will help me with this issue.

Well, I moved my site to a new host, I transfered the public_html directory from the old host and did a repair_settings.php at the new host to repair the database names and urls.  I did a back up of the database from my old host and did transfer it too  to the new one, I created new name and password to the database and imported it there. Now the problem is when I go to my domain I can see the theme changed from green to the default one, and login part you can see here (up) and the logo are missing completely, so I cant even login...  I only can see the  categories and the topics.

Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks guys.

the part missing is this:

QuotePlease login or register.
1 Hour1 Day1 Week1 MonthForever

Login with username, password and session length                                                         Entire Site Community Modifications Themes Online Manua lMantis 

Select language:  Follow SMF on Twitter.

Home   Help  Search Login   Register

Storman™

Try logging in with this url, you'll need to change the domain name:

http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?action=login

Kevin_forum

Hi Storman

thanks for your quick answer, I logged in with your link, what next I have to change to get back that part which is missing? 

Storman™

Difficult to say without looking at it, are you sure all the folder/file permissions are correct in your new environment ?

Kevin_forum

Well I checked with the new host support, they couldn't help because they are not familiar with SMF but they asked me to check with the tables?? 

Storman™

Tread carefully.  ???

A possibility is that a path might not be correct in the smf_settings table

Shambles

If you managed to login, and can get to the Admin panel, check the following:

Admin > Configuration > Themes and Layout > Theme Settings...

Click the button at the bottom, which is labeled "Attempt to reset all themes", and see how you go on...

Kevin_forum

Hi Shambles,

I cant see the Admin panel even if I logged in --- something to edit at the database via ftp?

Kevin_forum

I did a new transfer of the database from my old host and created a it with the same name with my new host , and succeded to go to the Admin panel, and changed my theme ..etc ...but I still cannot see the upper part of the forum where is the login and logo part. Something to edit to get it back?

Kevin_forum

Well I fixed it, very strange, I did a new back up for the database from my old host, and created it under the same name at the new host, and I got more features back, then I fixed everything under Admin > Configuration > Themes and Layout ... so I did a mistake somewhere when I created the database. Thanks guys.

Shambles

Quote from: Kevin_forum on January 05, 2013, 01:08:17 PM
... I fixed everything under Admin > Configuration > Themes and Layout ...

That's a place I regularly visit when I transport DB backups of my forums to my localhost... those settings rarely come across completely.

Glad you're sorted.

Kevin_forum

Hi Shambles,

Suddenly I am having the same problem, the login + logo parts missing, I did nothing wrong, I went to run the repair_settings I realised under " Queryless URLs:" a quote in  red saying no values found, and checked the OFF recommended, and all went again to the default theme without the upper part of the forum. Can someone tell me step by step how to transfer the database from my older host? I used to have it at 00 0webhost, do you think I messed something with the database creation at hosgato r?

Shambles

I use mysqldumper for backup & restore. Nothing that serious gets "lost"  :o

Kevin_forum

Well I am new to the hostgator database and it's a bit complicated to me, what I want is to delete the database and to import the same database from 00 0webhost.. and create a new one at hostgastor.. am I right to do so? and how to use the mysqldumper?

Kevin_forum

Well fixed it again, just wondering why the curent theme changed from curve to default when I checked the OFF recommended under Queryless URLs: in repair_settings.php- that messed the whole forum-
But thanks anyway. guys. 

Advertisement: