Help Needed! This Is Embarassing But I Forgot My Password..!

Started by Billabongu, January 04, 2013, 01:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billabongu

Well, my forum is in maintenance mode. And I have lost my admin password! I don't know how to get back in under any way, and my
database is, well, somewhere different computer! Does anyone know what to do if you have lost your admin password whilst your
forum is in maintenance? I need urgent help quickly. :'(

Oldiesmann

If you have FTP access, login to FTP, download Settings.php, open it in a text editor (WordPad, Notepad, etc.) and change $maintenance to 0, save it and upload it again. After that you can use the forgot password feature to reset your password.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Billabongu

kat

Can you get into your CPanel?

If so, you could edit that file using "File Manager".

If you want to reset your password, you might want to read this:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Administration_-_I_accidentally_lost_my_admin_account!_What_can_I_do#Reseting_an_admin_users_password

Although, having just read it, that doesn't seem terribly clear, to me. :(

Billabongu

I dont have CPanel either! I just might have to start over again. Is there anyone else with info on how to reset pass for admin?

Shambles

This smells fishy  :o

No FTP access.

No cPanel access.

No Admin password.

kat

If you don't have CPanel, you'll have another way to access phpmyadmin, I feel sure.

If you don't know how, I'd suggest asking your host.

Failing that, I suspect that you're screwed. :(

Billabongu

Well, I dont really know how to use Cpanel or FTP. I have never heard of them before, well
I will see if there is another way to access phpmyadmin.
I did forget my admin password. It was probably a typo. I will keep on trying until I get it right.
Thanks for the help folks! :)

kat

Your host will tell you how to get to CPanel, if you have it.

Billabongu

Billabongu

Topic not solved yet. If anybody has any help about how to retrieve admin password please post here.

Thanks,
Billabongu

vbgamer45

You can not recover the password but you can reset it with a script or sql command

If you do not know try to contact your host since you do not know how to access ftp or a control panel
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

kat

Boy, can you kill that sig, Billabongu, please?

It's making my eyes go squiffy.

Debido

Billabongu

Quote from: Colin on January 04, 2013, 11:54:12 AM
Are you the owner of the forum?
Yes, I am. Ask me if you want to view it.

Quote from: K@ on January 04, 2013, 04:33:01 PM
Boy, can you kill that sig, Billabongu, please?

It's making my eyes go squiffy.

I know I know. My signature is a bit annoying to me as well. I'll kill it.  ;)

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

The Craw

You could do a "Forgot password/Reset" on the hosting's client login site to gain access to it. Then from there gain access to the forum by changing Settings.php like Oldiesmann suggested.

Advertisement: