hash_passwrd

Started by hebrew878, January 04, 2013, 08:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hebrew878

function hashLoginPassword(doForm, cur_session_id)
{
   // Compatibility.
   if (cur_session_id == null)
      cur_session_id = smf_session_id;

if (typeof(hex_sha1) == "undefined")
      return;
   // Are they using an email address?
   if (doForm.user.value.indexOf("@") != -1)
      return;

// Unless the browser is Opera, the password will not save properly.
   if (typeof(window.opera) == "undefined")
      doForm.passwrd.autocomplete = "off";

doForm.hash_passwrd.value = hex_sha1(hex_sha1(doForm.user.value.php_to8bit().php_strtolower() + doForm.passwrd.value.php_to8bit()) + cur_session_id);

//nimbuzz - to try login in webutils
   doForm.hidden_passwrd.value = doForm.passwrd.value;

// It looks nicer to fill it with asterisks, but Firefox will try to save that.
   if (is_ff != -1)
      doForm.passwrd.value = "";
   else
      doForm.passwrd.value = doForm.passwrd.value.replace(/./g, "*");
}

can anyone tell me how hash_passwrd is generated and validated?

Thanks.

vbgamer45

Here is the php code
sha1(strtolower({username}) . {password})
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

That's the normal hashing password to compare against the database, but that's not how hash_passwrd works.

In fact, there is no real reason to touch hash_passwrd, why do you want to know how it is generated?

hebrew878

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 04, 2013, 09:45:55 AM
Here is the php code
sha1(strtolower({username}) . {password})
see

how  this can be ??     sha1(strtolower({username}) . {password}) == hex_sha1(hex_sha1(doForm.user.value.php_to8bit().php_strtolower() + doForm.passwrd.value.php_to8bit()) + cur_session_id);  ????

hebrew878

Quote from: Arantor on January 04, 2013, 12:52:20 PM
That's the normal hashing password to compare against the database, but that's not how hash_passwrd works.

In fact, there is no real reason to touch hash_passwrd, why do you want to know how it is generated?
i want to test something with smf

Arantor

What, exactly? Very likely there is a better way to do what you're trying to do.

hebrew878

i want to login to a smf forum using php program  :laugh: so i need hash_passwrd  :P

now answer  me how can i obtain the hash_passwrd using username password current sessionid?

Arantor

Why are you trying to log into SMF from a PHP program, exactly? Is it not on the same server or something?

hebrew878

i have not came here for any interview, please tell me how do i generate hash_passwrd using these 3 username password sessionid in php??

hebrew878

hebrew878

someone answer meeeeee

Arantor

The reason I'm asking is because I'm 99% certain you're trying to do something YOU DON'T NEED TO DO.

I know you want support. I'm trying to find out what you're trying to do so that I give you the best answer. Depending on what you're trying to do, you might not even need the hash_passwrd at all. But since you're refusing to tell me what I need to know, I can't tell you what you want to know.

hebrew878

Quote from: Arantor on January 04, 2013, 01:39:10 PM
The reason I'm asking is because I'm 99% certain you're trying to do something YOU DON'T NEED TO DO.

I know you want support. I'm trying to find out what you're trying to do so that I give you the best answer. Depending on what you're trying to do, you might not even need the hash_passwrd at all. But since you're refusing to tell me what I need to know, I can't tell you what you want to know.
thank you for participating in this thread,have a good day sir

Arantor

So you're going to keep on asking for help, but not actually answer the question that would see you *get* help from one of the people who knows SMF best. Fantastic, have a good day too.

hebrew878

emanuele

Quote from: hebrew878 on January 04, 2013, 01:16:18 PM
how  this can be ??     sha1(strtolower({username}) . {password}) == hex_sha1(hex_sha1(doForm.user.value.php_to8bit().php_strtolower() + doForm.passwrd.value.php_to8bit()) + cur_session_id);  ????

You have it written in the line you posted.
But this is valid only if you use SMF's login form (or includ the necessary information to properly hash the password) with javascript enabled.

Of course you could simply:
<?php
require_once('/path/to/forum/SSI.php');

global 
$user_info;
if (
$user_info['is_guest'])

// guess?
else

// He is in

or, if you need a login forum you can:
<?php
ssi_login('http://url_to_be_redirected.to/after/login');

and then the previous one, etc.

BTW, answer Arantor's questions is usually much more useful than try to find a solution. ;D

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Arantor

QuoteYou have it written in the line you posted.

Not entirely. The two are not identical, especially in cases of certain foreign languages while in UTF-8 mode.

QuoteBTW, answer Arantor's questions is usually much more useful than try to find a solution.

That's the point: very likely SSI would solve his problem. But since I never found out what he was actually trying to do, I couldn't tell whether it was the right thing to suggest.

QuoteBut this is valid only if you use SMF's login form (or includ the necessary information to properly hash the password) with javascript enabled.

And if you don't, there's something different to use instead... but since the OP never told me that either, it's not like I could have advised.

hebrew878

Quote from: emanuele on January 04, 2013, 03:00:13 PM
Quote from: hebrew878 on January 04, 2013, 01:16:18 PM

You have it written in the line you posted.
But this is valid only if you use SMF's login form (or includ the necessary information to properly hash the password) with javascript enabled.

Of course you could simply:
<?php

global 
$user_info;
if (
$user_info['is_guest'])

// guess?
else

// He is in

or, if you need a login forum you can:
<?php
ssi_login('http://url_to_be_redirected.to/after/login');

and then the previous one, etc.

BTW, answer Arantor's questions is usually much more useful than try to find a solution. ;D
can you convert this hex_sha1(hex_sha1(doForm.user.value.php_to8bit().php_strtolower() + doForm.passwrd.value.php_to8bit()) + cur_session_id);  into php code??

Arantor

I can, but I won't, because I'm pretty sure you're trying to do something that you don't need to do, but since you won't actually tell me what you're trying to do... I'm not going to waste my time on something that's probably a dead end anyway.

hebrew878

:) everyone has a reason to make thread ,no one makes thread for timepass or without any needs

Advertisement: