News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

CustomBox

Started by Chupko, January 10, 2010, 10:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chupko

In admin panel. Uninstall manualy mod :)

forumfjott

The forum just showed a error message when logging in on the index page. I did manage to write the url to go directly to admin panel and deleted the text in the box.
It's OK now. phu... was a bit nervous for some time there

I guess it works like a charm, but I cannot get a external php script to run in the box as I want.
I have tried many htms variants, but maybe I need to use a text/javascript command...

I'm trying to insert this command:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pettersen.be/vatsim/enkel_vatsimgenerator.php"></script>

this should show a few lines with text... but it stay blanc. I guess this is more of a html/java/php question, and belong to other helpforums on the web, but if you know what I'm doing wrong... please let me know to

Chupko

Modification is not support html javascripts :)

Chupko

BUMP, updated for 1.1.18 & 2.0.4 ! :) Enjoy :)

forumfjott

Great mod.
Is it possible to make a second custom box on the same page?
I use it as a info senter for a network with different stats, but we now also got a second network that could need it's own box so users can choose wich box to expand.

T3CHN0

forumfjott

you might like this.. it's the same mod, but I made it a CustomeBox5 meaning you can have up to 5 sections one after the other.This works for me on all my forums but I will not offer support for it, it's not my mod... I just edited it a little.

cheers

forumfjott

QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

I'll update the forum to 2.0.4 and try again

T3CHN0

Quote from: forumfjott on May 24, 2013, 08:50:06 AM
QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

I'll update the forum to 2.0.4 and try again

2.0 RC3 is when I edited it, go to advanced and change it

forumfjott

Please give me some more info on what to edit. Is it the text in the package-info.xml file?
I have installed 2.0.4. today

forumfjott

got it...
But in the admin panel, nothing show up beside a ticker and two text boxes x 5.

I dont remember where wich file contains the settings and preferly what I had in the custombox before I updated, cuz now everything is lost.
Could anyone give me a heds up for wich file in my backup I should look trough to find the script i had there?

T3CHN0

all files with a .php~ are files before a new install 'use them as a backup',
or another way to explain it, all php~ files are a backup of last working php files after you installed a mod.
you should clean all php~ files out [delete] before installing modes you are not sure of, this way
you can easy find what files you can use to restore with.

you can't have both custombox installed together. my custom; custombox5 works with 2.0.4 as I only just did a new forum
and it's works. depending on what them your using it might not, I have not had a problem with any of my themes.

forumfjott

It works, but I do have some text showing on top of the screen when entering to admin panel, and it referes to the custom box 1..2..3..4..5.. but it doesn't seem to be affecting the function for the users.

Another thing... I thought the sections should be expandeble?
Now it opens or closes the whole info centre including statistics

T3CHN0

that's a code error from your header or footer, not closing properly or missing </body>
this error is not from the custom box install it's from another mod and missing command.

You will have to check the install your self and compare it to the default php files and not the core theme.

N i g h t m a r e

How can i enable BBCODE in this?

forumfjott

I moved the forum to another server and url, and now it asks for cbox on the old server.
THis happen after I deleted the old CustomBox and try installing v2.

Where can I set proper url to the new installation?

question is, How do I delete it completly? Deinstall and delete was not enough.

forumfjott

NEWSFLASH

I found that Tapatalk had inserted some lines in a language file after the >?
I looked in two forums with the same error, and found that these were not the same language files, but the same lines was inserted.
I just moved the >? to the bottom of the file and everything was OK.

Thanks T3CHNO and Margarette for leading me to solve the error.

Advertisement: