News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Please help me for my utf-8 forum to chinese_simplified

Started by wzsy, January 11, 2013, 11:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wzsy

I am chinese , my SMF forum is chinese_simplified before upgraded . But  I have upgraded it to SMF 2.0.2 ,the Account Settings program makes all account to utf-8 .

I want all chinese_simplified accounts keep chinese_simplified ,do not change to utf-8 when they execute the Account Settings program.
Who can help me ?  thank you very much.

Night09

Goto Admin > Configuration > Languages > Add Language. Then search for  'chinese_simplified'   Then install the option saying 'no' to UTF8.

Thats what your asking for I think. ;)

Kill Em All

Nightbre's solution will work for you, wzsy.

Also, may I suggest updating to SMF 2.0.3 whenever you get the chance. We also have a Chinese support board if you ever need it:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=69.0

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

wzsy

wzsy

My english is poor, so I write in Chinese. I want to exit from utf8. The problem is not  solved. I want to get more  methods to return Gbk. thanks.

各位高手,我们的论坛已升为SMF 2.0.2 ,因之前都中文简体(gbk),大量的用户和数据都是gbk格式,目前若不运行个人设置(Account Settings),用户会自动使用gbk格式,可当用户执行Account Settings后,本论坛就会自动让该用户转为utf8的格式,这样此用户就不能正常查看之前的数据,不管怎么选择也不能让该用户退出utf8而回到gbk模式,故急需解决方法。

我已尝试从后台的PHP程序修改,但不能成功,本论坛也不方便退回原版本,我觉得这只是因新的SMF系统强制升为了utf8吧,请问可否有调整方式,改源代码或Admin设置都行,请高手们相助,谢谢。

Night09

Characters already converted when you upgraded are now showing wrong on your forum when you have the right language installed because they were converted to UTF8.  Im thinking here you need to run some querys on the wrong characters to replace them with the right ones. One of the Chinese Moderators would have to assist you here hopefully to run the correct querys to repair the wrong characters.

Dzonny

wzsy

nightbre,thank you .Dzonny, thank you.

But I donot find a way to exit from utf8. nightbre, could you tell me these querys  or   the Chinese Moderators name?

Dzonny

Hello there.

Can you please clarify why you don't want to use urf8 if that's okay?

The only Chinese moderator at this time is Nathanael Lee, take a look at his profile here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=246054

Note that if something is wrong with your current language pack you can always delete it and install a new one, as nightbre wrote in his first answer.

Regards,
Dzonny

Night09

@Dzonny  due to his database being converted the characters are wrong no matter if the original language pack is reinstalled and hes looking for help to repair the letters that are wrong.

Because Dzonny has moved the thread here the Mod should see it and be able to help you further.

Heres a query you can try to repair the wrong characters but make sure to backup your database first!

In your phpmyadmin try the following query:

UPDATE smf_messages SET body = replace(subject, "findstring", "replacestring");

findstring is the letter thats wrong and should be inserted there and replacestring is the letter you want it to be.

Example:
UPDATE smf_messages SET body = replace(subject, "á", "a");
Once you run the query it should convert the wrong character to the right one. You may have to do it a few times for each character that is wrong.

wzsy

Dzonny,thank you. Because we had used GBK  6 years .  The old data can't show ,include user name.So [nofollow] we want to exit utf8.

wzsy

nightbre, thank you very much. I will try with your way.

wzsy

My forum OK! tanks.

My may is :change load.php with $language = 'chinese-simplified' .

Night09

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: