The connection to localhost was interrupted. (avea media)

Started by cuds, January 13, 2013, 05:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuds

Please excuse if posted before i did so a search but didn't show anything

Hi everyone , i have used smf for years on a localhost and never had an issue before with file sizes , timeouts etc as i have set them in php.ini

I am trying to attach a file to avea media but keep getting the localhost connection was interupted , i have checked the host file , it appears ok , i have checked the settings and says localhost:3306 which is the mysql port

I did managed to add 1 film to it so far but by using bbcode not uploading a file (just a thumbnail) , i have tried loads fo different combo's but all the same , just a timeout

Any other suggestions i have googled my (_|_) off , trying to solve this

Arantor

cuds

23.4kb (thumbnail)  , but i have it set higher in php.ini etc , however in media admin settings

Max file size
Set to 0 and use the Quotas section to finetune.
KB
upload_max_filesize
This server-side variable limits upload sizes. You can set it via a php.ini file, see details on the right
1024 MB
post_max_size
This server-side variable limits upload sizes. You can set it via a php.ini file, see details on the right
1024 MB
Max width   1024 pixels
Max height   1024 pixels

so it should have been fine ?

Arantor

So you were uploading a 23KB file or uploading something much bigger from which a 23KB thumbnail could have been made...?

cuds

Ok i will rephase the question

I was using avea media - i type in the title , didn't add a movie file as used bbcode as putlocker isn't supported , with some text

however i did add a thumbnail which is 23.4kb

I then press submit at bottom says waiting on localhost etc , it starts the upload then i get the error

I can't seem to figure it out , as i have checked my host file and php.ini settings and there fine ?

Any ideas , cheers :)

cuds

sorry for bumping this but can no one help ?

You don't think it is a port forward issue with my router do you ?

It is only set for my ip address for port 80 , but the script is calling localhost:3306

Arantor

You asked if I had any ideas, I do not.

No, it is absolutely nothing to do with your router. Your computer connects to the server, using port 80, the server connects to itself on port 3306.

Sleezy

I seldom get this error, though when I do I simply put the forum on a matience check and then the error disappears, but unfortunately it does come back. I have gone through server updates through my host, try and see if the error comes up in your hosts control panel. Though unfortunately if none of these options work it could indeed be your router. Who hosts you router? (ex. ATT internet service) I am currently working on finding a solution to the same problem for indeed my localhost connection server has been unfortunately been in your situation a few times. Tell me if any of this works. ;)
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

cuds

Thanks to you both sorry i have not got back to you sooner , only i had some bad news and had to bury my father this weekend so wasn't in the mood to try to solve this

I am with virgin media , but i have never had any issues before and have been able to upload files , as basically not uploading them as such on localhost , just moving them from folder to folder , will try the maintenance part and see if it finds any errors , thanks

Advertisement: