News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Getting the follow error from subscriptions

Started by Shane648, January 14, 2013, 07:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane648

Hello when a person pays for a subscription i get the following error and it does not asign them to the group

QuoteUnknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type.
transaction_subject: Global Admin Subscription
payment_date: 08:54:44 Jan 13, 2013 PST
txn_type: subscr_payment
subscr_id:xxxx
last_name: xxxx
residence_country: US
item_name: Global Admin Subscription
payment_gross: 13.00
mc_currency: USD
business: xxxx
payment_type: instant
protection_eligibility: Ineligible
verify_sign: xxxx.
payer_status: verified
payer_email: xxxxx
txn_id: 7DV74506ME496612K
receiver_email: xxxxx
first_name: xxxx
payer_id: xxxx
receiver_id: xxxx
item_number: 3+44
payment_status: Completed
payment_fee: 0.68
mc_fee: 0.68
mc_gross: 13.00
charset: windows-1252
notify_version: 3.7
ipn_track_id: 38fc9db8cee87

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shane648

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

subscr_payment is a valid transaction type.  Are you blocking guest browsing?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Shane648

Im unsure how would i check/enable that

Edit : Allow guests to browse the forum is checked

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Shane648

Sir Osis of Liver

Uninstall both mods, try a subscription and see if it works.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

If you can set up a temporary admin account, pm the info and I'll take a look.

- R. Waters

Shane648

Quote from: Krash. on January 15, 2013, 02:37:04 PM

If you can set up a temporary admin account, pm the info and I'll take a look.

Did you get to have a look at it ?

Sir Osis of Liver

Things are a bit ragged in realworld.  Should have time to work on it tonight.

- R. Waters

Shane648

Quote from: Krash. on January 16, 2013, 01:11:56 PM

Things are a bit ragged in realworld.  Should have time to work on it tonight.

Ok thank you :)

Sir Osis of Liver

Set up a plain vanilla test sub, got the same error.  IPN is being received, but not processed by subscriptions.php.  Subscription activates manually.  Don't see any problems with any of your settings.  Installed the 2.0.3 patch on my 2.0.2 test forum, and subscription works fine. 

Best guess is it's the Steam Profile mod.  It's almost three years old, hasn't been updated past RC3, and changes /Sources/Profile-Modify.php.  Tried to uninstall it, but package manager threw an  error.  Didn't want to proceed without ftp access.  Don't see anything in the mod code that looks nasty, but paid subs is a bit fussy.  If the mod was installed before you tried paid subs, it's the most likely cause of the problem.

- R. Waters

Shane648

Quote from: Krash. on January 16, 2013, 11:01:49 PM

Set up a plain vanilla test sub, got the same error.  IPN is being received, but not processed by subscriptions.php.  Subscription activates manually.  Don't see any problems with any of your settings.  Installed the 2.0.3 patch on my 2.0.2 test forum, and subscription works fine. 

Best guess is it's the Steam Profile mod.  It's almost three years old, hasn't been updated past RC3, and changes /Sources/Profile-Modify.php.  Tried to uninstall it, but package manager threw an  error.  Didn't want to proceed without ftp access.  Don't see anything in the mod code that looks nasty, but paid subs is a bit fussy.  If the mod was installed before you tried paid subs, it's the most likely cause of the problem.

I uninstalled it, would you be able to test it again :)

also i would like to thank you very much for your help, this forums support really is amazing

Sir Osis of Liver

Krap - still no go. >:(

Next thing to do is uninstall the remaining four mods.  Simpledesk edits several profile files, but may as well remove all of them and start clean.  I'll only be on a short time today, so use your testuser and subscribe to Test Subscription (1 day/$.10).  Should put you in Test Group.  If it works, reinstall the mods one at a time, and try Test Sub after each, so we'll know which causes the problem.  Admin can Finish the subscription in testuser's Profile, to put it back into the original group so you can subscribe again.

Do you have any custom coding in addition to the mods?

- R. Waters

Shane648

Quote from: Krash. on January 17, 2013, 03:36:09 PM

Krap - still no go. >:(

Next thing to do is uninstall the remaining four mods.  Simpledesk edits several profile files, but may as well remove all of them and start clean.  I'll only be on a short time today, so use your testuser and subscribe to Test Subscription (1 day/$.10).  Should put you in Test Group.  If it works, reinstall the mods one at a time, and try Test Sub after each, so we'll know which causes the problem.  Admin can Finish the subscription in testuser's Profile, to put it back into the original group so you can subscribe again.O

Do you have any custom coding in addition to the mods?

No I don't have any,

Also how would I go about backing help desk up so I don't lose the stuff on It

Arantor

If you uninstall it, it won't delete data unless you tell it to during uninstallation. (I tested that part *very* thoroughly)

The default for deleting a mod's data is also *not* to do it. You have to tick a tickbox during uninstall.

I will note I never had any trouble with subscriptions when I used to run with SimpleDesk. I would wonder if it's more broadly a 2.0.3 problem?

Sir Osis of Liver

I upgraded a 2.0.2 test forum (bascally out-of-box) wth the 2.0.3 patch, and Paid Subs works fine.  The patch includes an update to Subscriptions-PayPal.php, but didn't cause a problem on my forum.

If there's no custom code, I'd backup the database, delete the forum, and do a clean 2.0.3 install.  If Paid Subs works, then reinstall the mods one at a time, and do a test sub after each one.

- R. Waters

Shane648

Arantor

No it should not be that.

subscriptions.php is the general handler, Subscriptions-PayPal.php is for PayPal specific stuff; the setup is designed to handle other payment options, though the others were never actually released.

Shane648

Hello i was just browsing the forums and my eyes caught this post

Quote from: Wazza on May 23, 2012, 09:16:16 PM
Thank you Krash,    (note refund made)

So caping on what we have all learned from this?

1. "Recurring" payments is still faulty in 2.0.2 and only non recurring payments work without error
2. Only payments when set in USD will become automatically "active"
3. Any "other" payment types selected will trigger a "verify payment" within SMF and not auto activate, Admin has to do manually.

So then how do we make these features of 2.0.2 work?

from here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=474271.20

Would it be possible i am getting the same error or have you tested that krash ?

Sir Osis of Liver

The test sub I set up is not configured for recurring payments.  FYI, it is not necessary to enable IPN and set the return url in your PayPal account - it will work fine with IPN disabled.  You're forum is receiving the IPN, but it's not being processed correctly.  Have you tried doing a clean install?

- R. Waters

Shane648

Done a clean install and its working perfect :) Thank you very much for you help

I am having one issue with Simpleportal but i shall make a new post for indexing and all :P

Advertisement: