News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Installation Error

Started by ʜᴏᴍɪᴄɪᴅᴇ, January 19, 2013, 02:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ʜᴏᴍɪᴄɪᴅᴇ

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '
ip text NOT NULL,
whisto text NOT NULL,
whis text NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (i' at line 6
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/Packages/temp/db_install.php
Line: 23

anyone know how to fix?

Arantor

It might help to know which mod this is...

N i g h t m a r e

its the "Talkbox" Mod made by SunKing & AnzuMerc, i know what your thinking... "you should contact the Mod Author" yeah well haha, they are never online... more or less ... they will never reply.

HOMiCiDE is a part of my website so i know exactly what he means... but i was told this mod is not compatible with 2.0.2 or 2.0.3 ,if someone can help us update/fix this problem it would be great and we might be able to throw in a Tip :)
...We have all the coding errors for our theme and default theme fixed No problem. But we get that error when we hit the Final Install button.

Thanks
   ,Zeum

Colin

Unfortunately the problem is that mod has been removed from the mod site thus those it is hard to help you fix the error without seeing the code. Now redistributing the code without the mod author's approval is another issue.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

Well i guess ill try and contact SunKing or AnzuMerc.

Colin

If it helps. It looks like it was written for 2.0 RC3
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

Is that a good version of SMF? and if i were to install that version it would have the 2.0.2/2.0.3 update notification in the package manager? So i could install it on 2.0 RC3 Then update?
Not saying i would actually wanna do that after i got the site going great again haha.

Colin

You could install the beta and run on that with the mod, but I would highly discourage it. If you update after you have the mod installed you are going to have the same issues with the template edits.

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

Do you mean the
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '
ip text NOT NULL,
whisto text NOT NULL,
whis text NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (i' at line 6
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/Packages/temp/db_install.php
Line: 23
?

Or the theme's index.template.php errors?

Colin

The template errors for sure. I can't say downgrading to the beta will fix the SQL error as I can't see the full file. If I were you, I would install a secondary instance of a stock beta version of 2.0 and attempt to install the mod again.

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

okay so i installed smf 2.0 RC3 on a test forum & installed the Talkbox mod, it didn't give me any index.temple.php errors or SQL errors

See: http://vaxiousforum.x10.mx/index.php

i am checking out the shoutbox now.

Although i get this:

403 Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!
Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

Other than that, its installed perfectly :)

Colin

Verify the file permissions are configured correctly.

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

I Think this Mod is only customizable through the FTP, I don't see anything about it in the administration center. But theres a bunch of files and such of it in the FTP.

It says i'm banned lol.

Colin

The mod is saying you are banned or the FTP server is?

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

Next to the smileys and stuff, it was a red warning sign that said "Banned"

Colin

I'm getting
"Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/vaxiousf/public_html/talkbox/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/vaxiousf/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2083) : eval()'d code on line 311"

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

I Know haha, i did something (forgot what i did) and that happened lol.

anyways... if i was gonna do this uninstall , install smf 2.0 RC3 install the mod... then  upgrade to 2.0.3 now would be the best time. so if you think this will work then Id like to start.

Arantor

And then the upgrade will remove the mod again because that's what the upgrade does...

N i g h t m a r e

Then i wont upgrade lol, and i get this error when installing now, but it worked on the test site perfectly :l i wonder whats going on.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 11
File: /home/pshome/public_html/Packages/temp/db_install.php
Line: 22

Arantor

Badly written installer that won't work on MySQL 5.5+ which is what your production site must be using.

Change the installer to read ENGINE=MyISAM instead of TYPE=MyISAM, though if it had been written properly in the first place it wouldn't be doing it manually but using the proper channels.

Here's a thought: if it's that badly written, why do you want to use it?

N i g h t m a r e

I Have no idea how to do that at all haha.

Colin

Modify the db_install.php file and change where it says TYPE to ENGINE

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

Okay so i need to fix these in my custom themes index.template.php

Find

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/css/print.css

Add Before

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $boardurl.'/talkbox/css/talkbox.css" />

Find
// Show the menu here, according to the menu sub template.
template_menu();

echo '
<br class="clear" />';

Add After

echo '<br />';
global $boarddir;
require_once($boarddir.'/talkbox/index.php');

But i dont see any of the "Find" text anywhere :l

I fixed the install problem but i need help with this now.

(I Used notepad++ to search for the text but it couldnt find it)

Colin

That is why there is an error :). Didn't you make the template edits previously?

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

Colin

For the first edit just make sure it is enclosed in the <head> tags. It won't make a difference where it is located. For the other it should be after the menu, but I am not exactly sure of the placement.

Colin

N i g h t m a r e

The talkbox shows but gives me this error:

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_qos/10.10 Server at pshomenation.com Port 80

Colin

Colin

MrPhil

Quote from: Colin on January 27, 2013, 01:13:55 AM
For the first edit just make sure it is enclosed in the <head> tags. It won't make a difference where it is located.
Actually, it will. Which CSS rule applies in a given situation can depend on the order in which the CSS was defined (i.e., the order that .css files were included). The instructions seem to imply that it should go after the other .css files but before the print .css file.

If you're having trouble locating where to make these edits in a non-default theme, make sure they were applied to the default theme. Look at that theme and see where in the code they appear, and then study your theme's code and try to find the corresponding code. The PHP code may not match up exactly, but if you know PHP you should be able to find the functional equivalent. If you don't know PHP, you're SOL. You might have to make an educated guess and do some trial-and-error code changes.

Colin

Quote from: MrPhil on February 10, 2013, 10:02:10 AM
Quote from: Colin on January 27, 2013, 01:13:55 AM
For the first edit just make sure it is enclosed in the <head> tags. It won't make a difference where it is located.
Actually, it will. Which CSS rule applies in a given situation can depend on the order in which the CSS was defined (i.e., the order that .css files were included). The instructions seem to imply that it should go after the other .css files but before the print .css file.

If you're having trouble locating where to make these edits in a non-default theme, make sure they were applied to the default theme. Look at that theme and see where in the code they appear, and then study your theme's code and try to find the corresponding code. The PHP code may not match up exactly, but if you know PHP you should be able to find the functional equivalent. If you don't know PHP, you're SOL. You might have to make an educated guess and do some trial-and-error code changes.
You are right, if it has conflicting tags then the order becomes important.

Colin

Advertisement: