News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Converting error above from MYBB 1.69 to SMF 2.03

Started by DJB, January 25, 2013, 07:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJB

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.6. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'xxxxxxxxxx'@'localhost' for table 'mybb_users'

Need some guidance on this converting error above please.
Converting from MYBB 1.69 to SMF 2.03

All the threads I read about adding the "SMF database user " to MYBB. I'm not sure where you would add this information, and is the user the database number from SMF or something else?

If there is a step by step tutorial to solve this could you please post the link.

Thanks much appreciated!

DJ

DJB

Kill Em All

I'm really sorry no one has been able to help you with your problem yet. I don't have any experience with this, but I'll give it a shot.

To me, the error looks like you supplied SMF with the wrong database information. Whether it be the database user, password, name, etc.

You can probably double check with your host about that information if you need help with it. It is probably in a file in the MYBB folder somewhere, like a Settings file with that kind of information.

If all the information is correct, clarify with your host that the user is able to use the SELECT command for your database. If not, make sure they set that up for you.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

DJB

Quote from: Kill Em All on January 29, 2013, 12:37:07 AM
I'm really sorry no one has been able to help you with your problem yet. I don't have any experience with this, but I'll give it a shot.

To me, the error looks like you supplied SMF with the wrong database information. Whether it be the database user, password, name, etc.

You can probably double check with your host about that information if you need help with it. It is probably in a file in the MYBB folder somewhere, like a Settings file with that kind of information.

If all the information is correct, clarify with your host that the user is able to use the SELECT command for your database. If not, make sure they set that up for you.

Thanks for your reply, it's appreciated!. All the passwords, database user etc were all correct as I have all that information as I set up all my databases on my server and assign the passwords etc.
I contacted my hosting, and as since my dedicated server is a managed server by the hosting company, tech support said it was not possible to do the converting.

It's too bad, I really wanted to use the SMF forum board software.

Thanks again for your help.

Kill Em All

Did they explain why it was not possible to do that converting?

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

DJB

No they just said can't be done with a managed server.

Kill Em All

That isn't an acceptable answer in my book. But if you are happy, then I'm happy. I would look into changing hosts as it doesn't seem they are quite capable. IMO...

DJB

He did offer a suggestion of putting a database on my computer and downloading everything to my hard drive and then convert it on my hard drive then re-upload it to the server, but I have not ever done anything like that before.

Kill Em All

That is an option. Although it seems silly.  To do that, you could download a program called XAMPP. You can run websites through that and do the conversion through there. There are many tutorials online regarding use of that software. You can find the downloads here for it:
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

DJB

Thanks for all your help it very much appreciated ! I had a look at your link, and I think it is a little more than what I could handle thanks. I guess I'll have to stick with what I have, I was really looking forward to using SMF forum board.

Cheers

Kill Em All

Its actually really easy, especially if you are on Windows. Pretty straight forward. But sorry we couldn't be of anymore help.

I'll mark this solved. :)

Advertisement: