News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Child Board Hover

Started by vbgamer45, January 30, 2013, 02:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Link to Mod

Child Board Hover

SMF Version: 2.0.X
Mod Version: 1.0

Description:
Add more than just the Posts and Reply details to your Child Board Hover, this mod does that shows you more info including Child Board Description.
This mod also adds to the Message index so it works for grand children boards.
And if that was not enough, you can also choose where the mod works be it in just the MessageIndex or Just the BoardIndex or if your cRAZY then you can choose both!
Bring more control to your forum.

PLEASE NOTE YOU NEED TO HAVE A DESCRIPTION IN YOUR CHILD BOARD FOR FULL EFFECTS OF THIS MOD

To activate this mod please go to Admin - Modification Settings

License:

This mod is released under a closed license, so please read the license.txt file enclosed in the modification.

Bug Testers:
A big Thank You to the following people for bug testing the mod before release:

Colin
Labradoodle

Why Not Visit:
http://www.smfhacks.com
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Frank Hunt

Why not a picture to show what this does?

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Jade Elizabeth

I think uninstall is broken for this?

It errors on manage settings using the last edit for the message index template, then every edit after is accepted because it's finding and replacing nothing (the code boxes are empty in the operations).

I have uploaded new files and it's still happening. Thought I would mention it so you could take a look or let me know what's happening :). For now I will have to do it manually I guess.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

vbgamer45

Hmm the xml looks good and the changes seem unique enough.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jade Elizabeth

Did you try it?

It's only happening with this mod. Click the "replace" thing to see the changes on everything from the bottom up and make sure they're right....I'll show you some screenies later if you like.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jade Elizabeth

Can you please try because it's happening to me every time :(.

Jade Elizabeth

It's still doing it, in fact now it's just adding blank lines before ?> on every edit. I manually uninstalled it but I think you should double check.

d3vcho

Translation for Spanish_es and Spanish_es-uft8
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Grammy

I'm getting the "120 days" pink warning when posting, but where else would I ask?   :D

This mod installed easily into 2.0.11, default with no warnings.  I just need to clean up a couple of errors, please?  (Well... there are 208 occurrences of them, but still, only two distinct errors.)  This line of code in BoardIndex.template.php is throwing Undefined Index for both raw_desc and raw_name:

<a class="subject" href="', $board['href'], '" title="', $board['raw_name'], ' - ', $board['raw_desc'] , '" name="b', $board['id'], '">', $board['name'], '</a>';

The only other issue is just a little quirkiness.  I have to really move my cursor over the child board name for quite a bit before the hover actually shows.  It does show, eventually, but it's quite slow to respond.  Also, it's trying to create hover over the parent boards (but there's no content in the hover).  I'm attaching a screenshot for that.

Is it meant to react with parent boards, as well?   I do also have Nice Tooltips installed; perhaps they're conflicting?

Grammy

Quote from: Grammy on July 20, 2016, 09:31:34 PM
I'm getting the "120 days" pink warning when posting, but where else would I ask?   :D

This mod installed easily into 2.0.11, default with no warnings.  I just need to clean up a couple of errors, please?  (Well... there are 208 occurrences of them, but still, only two distinct errors.)  This line of code in BoardIndex.template.php is throwing Undefined Index for both raw_desc and raw_name:

<a class="subject" href="', $board['href'], '" title="', $board['raw_name'], ' - ', $board['raw_desc'] , '" name="b', $board['id'], '">', $board['name'], '</a>';

The only other issue is just a little quirkiness.  I have to really move my cursor over the child board name for quite a bit before the hover actually shows.  It does show, eventually, but it's quite slow to respond.  Also, it's trying to create hover over the parent boards (but there's no content in the hover).  I'm attaching a screenshot for that.

Is it meant to react with parent boards, as well?   I do also have Nice Tooltips installed; perhaps they're conflicting?

*waiting for vbgamer45 to come talk me off the ledge*   :D

vbgamer45

Sorry don't have time at the moment.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Grammy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 22, 2016, 08:28:10 AM
Sorry don't have time at the moment.

Well, alrighty, then......    :-\

I'll just uninstall the mod; no worries. 

Advertisement: