Administration Log...

Started by Spuddie, January 31, 2013, 03:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spuddie

I'm not sure if I'm in the right area so mods, please move if need be and I apologise if so.

I have a question about Administration Log. I don't often venture into this area and to be honest, have never been there.   :D   Obviously I should have been looking here as a forum owner.  :P 

Anyhoo guys and gals, I've noticed just today that I have in the Admin Log, 24,000 plus entries !  :(   What I'd like to ask is, I have options to delete selected or remove all. Is there any harm by removing all ?  I've been though some which just seem to be myself checking ip's (spammers), banning as required, moving topics etc. Would all these entries slow my forum down ? 

Any advice will be much appreciated and thank you.

Colin

Sure thing, wipe 'em as long as you don't need to reference them later with regard to an administrative action that you or another admin took. If you have a ton then it can start taking up some database space.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Spuddie

Thank you for replying Colin. I'm going to delete the lot as I'm the only admin on my site. Thanks for the advice.

Cheers 

Colin

You bet. Let us know if anything else comes up.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Advertisement: