News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Social Login

Started by Claude, OneAll, February 01, 2013, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude, OneAll

Link to the mod

OneAll Social Login

OneAll Social Login for SMF 2.1+ is a professional modification that allows
your visitors to login and register with 40+ social networks like for example
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, LiveJournal, StackExchange and Yahoo
amongst others.

Social Login increases your registration rate
Social Login helps increasing your user registration rate by simplifying the
registration process and provides permission-based social data retrieved from
the social network profiles.

Social Login integrates with your existing system
OneAll Social Login integrates with your existing registration system so you
and your users don't have to start from scratch.

40+ Supported Social Networks
- Apple
- Amazon
- Battle.net
- Blogger
- Discord
- Disqus
- Draugiem
- Dribbble
- Epic Games
- Facebook
- Foursquare
- Github.com
- Google
- Instagram
- Line
- LinkedIn
- LiveJournal
- Mail.ru
- Meetup
- Mixer
- Odnoklassniki
- OpenID
- Patreon
- PayPal
- Pinterest
- PixelPin
- Reddit
- Skyrock.com
- SoundCloud        
- Spotify
- StackExchange
- Steam
- Strava
- Tumblr
- Twitch.tv
- Twitter
- Vimeo
- VKontakte
- Weibo
- Windows Live
- WordPress.com
- XING
- Yahoo
- Yandex
- YouTube

About Us
Social Login is maintained by OneAll, a technology company offering a set of
web-delivered tools and services for establishing and optimizing a site's
connection with social networks.

Visit us at:
http://www.oneall.com

Need help?
The Social Login documentation is available at:
http://docs.oneall.com/plugins/guide/social-login-smf/

We are devoted to creating a positive experience for our customers and always
try to go above and beyond your expectations. Do not hesitate to contact us for
questions about the Social Login Module, to give us your feedback or if you
need any help with the integration of the modification.

Our team answers your questions at:
http://support.oneall.com/
http://www.oneall.com/company/contact-us/

Mick.

Very cool guys. When login in with google i had an error.

I had the change the permission to 755 on oneall_social_login.callback.php  ;)

All good now.

MaSSSS

I have just tried to set this up but something is wrong or Im making mistake somewhere.

Its hanging there and nothing happens, and Ive got everything setup.

Mick.

Make sure the subdomain name is the same on your dashboard.

MaSSSS

It is but Im not sure if it makes any difference if its mydomain/forum/ or not. If so then I should add /forum ?

Also there is no subdomain, only tld

Edit: Osnap...I see that there is API subdomain entry...what now I need to create a subdomain for it?

Im sorry but this is not working for me for some reason. Its not verifying anything and it just hangs there. I made sure i got it all set right, API subdomain entry is the same as I have set on the dashboard.

If I need to create something else like a subdomain on my tld please say so, this way it will end up in the bin.

NanoSector

Register on the OneAll site for an account, instructions will follow. :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

MaSSSS

I have completed all of that and I have plugins setup already. Plugins I got set, I marked in the mod for activation, but as I said nothing happens.

Mick.

Quote from: MaSSSS on February 01, 2013, 06:02:53 PM
I have completed all of that and I have plugins setup already. Plugins I got set, I marked in the mod for activation, but as I said nothing happens.

If you did everything step by step, try this..
change the permission to 755 on oneall_social_login.callback.php  and see if it helps. I had to.

MaSSSS

I believe that would solve it but for some reason it wont let me do it...

QuoteSet permissions of '/forum/oneall_social_login.callback.php' to '755'
Command:   SITE CHMOD 755 oneall_social_login.callback.php
Response:   550 CHMOD 755 oneall_social_login.callback.php: Operation not permitted

In use?

Mick.

Quote from: MaSSSS on February 01, 2013, 06:22:15 PM
I believe that would solve it but for some reason it wont let me do it...

QuoteSet permissions of '/forum/oneall_social_login.callback.php' to '755'
Command:   SITE CHMOD 755 oneall_social_login.callback.php
Response:   550 CHMOD 755 oneall_social_login.callback.php: Operation not permitted

In use?

Hmmm... i did mine thru cPanel.

Also, you dont have to create a subdomain.  My forum resides in /community and i didnt have to.

MaSSSS

Ok thanks for all the help. Ill resolve this one tomorrow its late now.

If it works with this permission change Ill update it here so everyone know it is a real fix for it.

Cheers.

Well, looks like its working but it still not saying anything about API setting check and Connection handlers...same message like on image in my previous post.

What I had to do is to change permissions on file mentioned to 755, and along the line I fixed a few more errors I had, so not sure if that did the trick or not.

Social login buttons are shown in Account Settings in forum profile, and on registration menu like one below

or on the registration form.

Was a bit moderate to setup but worth a hustle...

Edit:

Ok I had to remove it. There is slight performance impact and if you have a lot of mods and are on shared hosting it might become a problem as it did for me.

One more problem is that I had user registration set On Admin Approval, which this plugin ignores and approves registration of users without even notifying admin of it. Thats bad and main reason I removed it. Its perfectly fine for open site and communities but its not for the closed ones.

Nevertheless its a very nice plugin, but adding these additional features might help making it even better.

Claude, OneAll

Quote from: Mick. on February 01, 2013, 04:38:10 PM
Very cool guys. When login in with google i had an error.

I had the change the permission to 755 on oneall_social_login.callback.php  ;)

All good now.

Hi Mick,

thank you very much for this suggestion, I'll check if I can solve this issue.

Best Regards,

Claude

Claude, OneAll

Quote from: MaSSSS on February 01, 2013, 06:34:43 PM
What I had to do is to change permissions on file mentioned to 755, and along the line I fixed a few more errors I had, so not sure if that did the trick or not.

One more problem is that I had user registration set On Admin Approval, which this plugin ignores and approves registration of users without even notifying admin of it. Thats bad and main reason I removed it. Its perfectly fine for open site and communities but its not for the closed ones.

Nevertheless its a very nice plugin, but adding these additional features might help making it even better.

Thank you very much for the confirmation and for the suggestion about the user registration.
I'll definitely improve this in the next version!

Best Regards,

dimspace

Installed, but having numerous problems with this one.

First up:

clicking the "autodetect api connection handler" is doing nothing, nada, nil
clicking "verify api settings" is doing nothing either

Next:
When trying to link an existing profile to an account. Added facebook to my member account and get the error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vrforum/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php:567) in /home/vrforum/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 3081

=====================

3rd problem.

registration, in this ocassion i tried to register using google. Multiple errors when it access page oneall_social_login.callback.php

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vrforum/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php:567) in /home/vrforum/public_html/Sources/Subs-Auth.php on line 129]

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/vrforum/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php:567) in /home/vrforum/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2506

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vrforum/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php:567) in /home/vrforum/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2510

Warning: session_regenerate_id() [function.session-regenerate-id]: Cannot regenerate session id - headers already sent in /home/vrforum/public_html/Sources/Subs-Auth.php on line 170

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vrforum/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php:567) in /home/vrforum/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 3081

However, must be pointed out, the registration IS succesful.

Have set permissions of root/oneall_social_login.callback.php to 755 via ftp

dimspace

Ok. IGNORE THE ABOVE POST. But Im going to leave it there in case someone has the same issues.

First problem still stands, authorising things does nothing, but they do add to the db.

the rest, i ran the smf file checker utility, http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/File_check.php_-_What_is_it_and_what_does_it_do
and fixed all the files with utf-8 BOM (Which included subs.php)

and now it is linking accounts correctly.

fully working and tested, linking existing accounts, and registering as new member

dimspace

I have however discovered a huge flaw.

if you are an existing member, and you go to the logon page, and even though youve not yet linked your twitter or facebook account to your user account, if you carry on and click "login with social network", it creates a whole new account.

Three of my members have just created new accounts by accident.

Logon routine should not be able to create new accounts.

it needs something built in that compares the login request with existing linked accounts and if none exist, then putting up an error message saying that the social account isnt linked to an existing account, please login normally or register for the forum.

pending that bugfix ive disabled for now, if three members (plus me) can create new accounts by accident in a matter of minutes, i dread to think how many there would be by the morning :D its got promise, but thats a bit of a faux pas.

vbgamer45

Bug fix for forums that do not allow guests to view
In oneall_social_login.callback.php
Find

// Security Check.
if (file_exists (dirname (__FILE__) . '/SSI.php') && !defined ('SMF'))
require_once(dirname (__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
elseif (!defined ('SMF'))
die ('<strong>Unable to execute:</strong> Please make sure that you have installed Social Login correctly.');

Change to

// Allow Guests
$ssi_guest_access = true;
// Security Check.
if (file_exists (dirname (__FILE__) . '/SSI.php') && !defined ('SMF'))
require_once(dirname (__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
elseif (!defined ('SMF'))
die ('<strong>Unable to execute:</strong> Please make sure that you have installed Social Login correctly.');

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SA™

finaly another social login nice work OneAll :)
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

DAVID. D.A

I had no problem with logging in as an existing user, it automatically link my account, but then, linking other accounts. Twitter; after you click the sign in button on the acceptance page, nothing happens. Google; gave the below error after linking, but linked successfully
QuoteError 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /oneall_social_login.callback.php?oasl_source=profile;oasl_uid=7 on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server. Data may not be posted from offsite forms.

Your technical support key is: 59bb-8f98-cd36-1abb

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact the WEBMA5TER and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

Youtube; just left with a blank white page and yet no account linking.

Then the first error as dimspace pointed out, on verification, still exists, even after 755

Aside that, excellent mod!!!! excellent!

Just being over excited here though :) but, for theme's where login can be found on the homepage's header (attimes as drop down); how do you add the social login buttons there also?

dimspace

Quote from: Dda on February 06, 2013, 08:12:14 PM
I had no problem with logging in as an existing user, it automatically link my account, but then, linking other accounts. Twitter; after you click the sign in button on the acceptance page, nothing happens. Google; gave the below error after linking, but linked successfully
QuoteError 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /oneall_social_login.callback.php?oasl_source=profile;oasl_uid=7 on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server. Data may not be posted from offsite forms.

Your technical support key is: 59bb-8f98-cd36-1abb

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact the WEBMA5TER and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

Youtube; just left with a blank white page and yet no account linking.

Then the first error as dimspace pointed out, on verification, still exists, even after 755

Aside that, excellent mod!!!! excellent!

Just being over excited here though :) but, for theme's where login can be found on the homepage's header (attimes as drop down); how do you add the social login buttons there also?

it linked accounts if they had an identical email, but how many people only have one email.

if you tried to login with an account that wasnt your default email it createed an account

Advertisement: