News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Social Login

Started by Claude, OneAll, February 01, 2013, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAVID. D.A

I think the linking of account aspect should be looked into deeply.

Created a new account with an gmail(not my default), it also linked my other social networks having that email, but when i tried to unlink yahoo, same 403 error. and i guess same error would happen to other networks.

Basically, the end point of linking or unlinking accounts gives ERROR 403.

Twitter's problem still exists,  either as new registry or linking. - No response after you click the twitter sign in button on allow app permision page.

Also, a user can delete their account without typing a password i.e just blank box; should this be a problem?

Srinib

Who ever is already using this MOD without any issues, can you please give me the URLs. So that i can have a feel of it and plan for my forum.

Mick.

Quote from: Srinib on February 07, 2013, 11:43:00 AM
Who ever is already using this MOD without any issues, can you please give me the URLs. So that i can have a feel of it and plan for my forum.
no issues here. I dont think. ;)

Srinib

Mick, Your homepage looks really cool. And your home office looks very neat. I happen to see a SimplePortal thing below the page. Did you do that with SimplePortal?

Mick.

Quote from: Srinib on February 07, 2013, 12:07:49 PM
Mick, Your homepage looks really cool. And your home office looks very neat. I happen to see a SimplePortal thing below the page. Did you do that with SimplePortal?
yup.

Srinib

If i login to a forum using any of these 20 social user/password, will i be a member to that forum? I mean, do my username show up in the member list?

Mick.

Srinib

How come i don't see Members button on any of the forums using Social Login?

• Did they remove it? or
  • This button is not visible to temporary members(guest who login with Social Login)

Mick.

Quote from: Srinib on February 07, 2013, 12:40:43 PM
How come i don't see Members button on any of the forums using Social Login?

• Did they remove it? or
  • This button is not visible to temporary members(guest who login with Social Login)
some remove it.  I removed mine from the Subs.php file

Claude, OneAll

Quote from: Srinib on February 07, 2013, 12:19:01 PM
If i login to a forum using any of these 20 social user/password, will i be a member to that forum? I mean, do my username show up in the member list?

Hi Srinib,

there is no difference between a member that has signed up by using Social Login and a member that has signed up by using the registration form.

Regards,

Srinib

Quote from: OneAll on February 08, 2013, 05:49:26 AM
Quote from: Srinib on February 07, 2013, 12:19:01 PM

Hi Srinib,

there is no difference between a member that has signed up by using Social Login and a member that has signed up by using the registration form.

Regards,
I have two more questions on members.

• Are Offline members shown in the member list(As it is done in SMF standard)?
  • And will it increase the member count in the members list?

Mick.

dimspace

This mod has now been updated to 2.1 and it fixes all the little bugs

+ if a user tries to logon with an unregistered account it says there is no account linked and to register or add it to their profile.

works absolutely superbly and a breeze to set up your social networks which is normally a total pain in the neck.

huge props to the guys at oneall as well who have been really quick to fix the bugs and communicated really well.

DAVID. D.A

Please has anyone else tried this?

Tried logging in but
QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

DAVID. D.A

Mick.

Set permissions oneall_social_login.callback.php to 755.

DAVID. D.A

Had the same ERROR 403 as before after that, but mod_security was the problem.
For anyone else that might encounter such problem:
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Mod_security_-_Having_problems_with_mod_security

DAVID. D.A

User tried unlinking facebook.
error:
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: identity_token

tho successful in the end

Claude, OneAll

QuoteThe database value you're trying to insert does not exist: identity_token
I've been able to reproduce this issue. It occurs when you click back in the browser after having unlinked a social network.
I'm working on a bugfix!

Thank you for your feedback!

Claude, OneAll

I've uploaded version 2.2 now.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3580

It should no longer be required to chmod the files and the database error when unlinking a social network has also been fixed.

Advertisement: