News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Social Login

Started by Claude, OneAll, February 01, 2013, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

Quote from: - Claude - on February 08, 2013, 04:12:22 PM
I've uploaded version 2.2 now.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3580

It should no longer be required to chmod the files and the database error when unlinking a social network has also been fixed.

Awesome. Chmoding the file is not an issue anymore.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Dear One all Team,

First of all one all an amazing mod with each and every steps were clearly drafted. Nice team.

I have installed the latest 2.2 version for my smf 2.0.4 forum.

I use a windows dedicated server. Went through each and every process carefully and activated the facebook.

Tried a demo login was throwing a error as mentioned by other users.

After Facebook login success - forum/index.php?action=oasl_callback;oasl_source=registration

Server Error

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Checked for a file named oneall_social_login.callback.php throughout forum/ , forum/source, forum/theme/default/ but no where the name is found.

Kindly help me to fix this error.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Mick.

Quote from: A.SK on February 09, 2013, 10:45:22 AM
Dear One all Team,

First of all one all an amazing mod with each and every steps were clearly drafted. Nice team.

I have installed the latest 2.2 version for my smf 2.0.4 forum.

I use a windows dedicated server. Went through each and every process carefully and activated the facebook.

Tried a demo login was throwing a error as mentioned by other users.

After Facebook login success - forum/index.php?action=oasl_callback;oasl_source=registration

Server Error

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Checked for a file named oneall_social_login.callback.php throughout forum/ , forum/source, forum/theme/default/ but no where the name is found.

Kindly help me to fix this error.

oneall_social_login.callback.php   is in the Sources folder.

dimspace

As a tip to draw attention to how easy it is to register, i added a header box in simple portal with the social media icons highlighted (just added them as smileys), attached the set of all the 16px icons i used. all come from icon finder or similar and are creative commons.

Claude, OneAll

oneall_social_login.callback.php  is in fact no longer needed and I have removed it from the package.
The modification now uses the SMF controller index.php which solves the chmod issues.

@A.SK
I've had a look at your forum.
It seems like the page http://discuss.itacumens.com/index.php does not accept POST requests.

Could you check if you have something that might block POST requests to your server?

Mick.

Quote from: - Claude - on February 09, 2013, 01:12:13 PM
oneall_social_login.callback.php  is in fact no longer needed and I have removed it from the package.
The modification now uses the SMF controller index.php which solves the chmod issues.

Which package is that? Is still on 2.2

Sudhakar Arjunan

@A.SK
It seems like the page forum does not accept POST requests.

Could you check if you have something that might block POST requests to your server?

Do you mean my smf forum works without a post method.
I have checked with my server guys and found Get / Post is perfectly working in my server.
Kindly advice, or share me the old zip so that i will use it with 755 chmod for that file.
I do not want to disable this great working mod.

Quote from: Mick. on February 09, 2013, 01:45:29 PM
Which package is that? Is still on 2.2

Before 2.2 it was these i hope. Could you share me that zip you have Mick. Either pm or here.

Dhayzon

se ve interesante el mod voy a probarlo

Mick.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: Mick. on February 09, 2013, 05:28:19 PM
As.k, im using 2.2

Dear Mick,

I know you are using 2.2.
Kindly upload the file here or pm me the download link form idesgin.
Thank you.

Mick.

Quote from: A.SK on February 09, 2013, 05:48:23 PM
Quote from: Mick. on February 09, 2013, 05:28:19 PM
As.k, im using 2.2

Dear Mick,

I know you are using 2.2.
Kindly upload the file here or pm me the download link form idesgin.
Thank you.

Im not sure what youre asking.  The mod link is on page 1.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: Mick. on February 09, 2013, 06:00:23 PM
Im not sure what youre asking.  The mod link is on page 1.

Dear Mick, in mod page we have updated version of the software only.
But i need the older version of the 2.2 software you use on your forum.

pastorvictor

How would someone make Facebook post a message to the person's timeline when they register? Something like "I have just registered on site.com!"

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: A.SK on February 09, 2013, 04:01:37 PM

@A.SK
It seems like the page forum does not accept POST requests.

Do you mean my smf forum works without a post method.
I have checked with my server guys and found Get / Post is perfectly working in my server.
Kindly advice, or share me the old zip so that i will use it with 755 chmod for that file.
I do not want to disable this great working mod.

Claude, am waiting for your reply here. All users after registering, they are getting 404 error.

Kindly help us.

Claude, OneAll

@A.SK
You can download the previous version here:
http://public.oneallcdn.com/extensions/smf/social_login/2/social_login_2_0--smf_2.tar.gz

Please also have a look at the Bad Behaviour settings.

QuoteAllow Offsite Forms (default false):
Bad Behavior normally prevents your site from receiving data posted from forms on other web sites. This prevents spammers from, e.g., using a Google cached version of your web site to send you spam. However, some web applications such as OpenID require that your site be able to receive form data in this way. If you are running OpenID, enable this option.

Offsite Forms must be allowed or Social Login does not work properly.

@pastorvictor
In the file Subs-OneallSocialLogin.php you can find this line:

$user_token = $user->user_token;

You can use our API and this user_token to post to the user's wall.
http://docs.oneall.com/api/resources/users/write-to-users-wall/

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: - Claude - on February 11, 2013, 05:08:51 AM
@A.SK
You can download the previous version here:
http://public.oneallcdn.com/extensions/smf/social_login/2/social_login_2_0--smf_2.tar.gz

Please also have a look at the Bad Behaviour settings.

QuoteAllow Offsite Forms (default false):
Bad Behavior normally prevents your site from receiving data posted from forms on other web sites. This prevents spammers from, e.g., using a Google cached version of your web site to send you spam. However, some web applications such as OpenID require that your site be able to receive form data in this way. If you are running OpenID, enable this option.

Offsite Forms must be allowed or Social Login does not work properly.

Claude i should say, it was an amazing mod. After enabling offsite forms in my bad behavior mod. Everything worked perfectly.

1) I want to check with you , whether enabling this option in bad behavior mod is safe and does not create any issues.
2) I found a big mistake via this mod, i have registered via google and logged in to my forum, luckily this mod picked up my old registered id and logged me with that id - Same i have logged out via forum also. But when i open a browser i found gmail is logged in.
3) I have used a different id - via yahoo - registered and logged in successfully to the forum - but no registered email has been sent to the yahoo email id. Same even after forum logout i noticed the yahoo id is still logged in on yahoo.com - is that not a security threat.
4) Old version is not required, since the new version works wonderfully.

Overall i should thanks this mod and steps on the site oneall.com was perfect for all webmaster's. Thanks. If my freemium plan is fully used, i will move to paid version.

Claude, OneAll

Hi A.SK

Quote1) I want to check with you , whether enabling this option in bad behavior mod is safe and does not create any issues.
Yes, this is absolutely safe. Disabling offsite forms does not offer any additional security - this protection can very easily be circumvented.

Quote2) I found a big mistake via this mod, i have registered via google and logged in to my forum, luckily this mod picked up my old registered id and logged me with that id - Same i have logged out via forum also. But when i open a browser i found gmail is logged in.
For security reasons the login is always made by the social network itsself. If you login by Google, it's Google that takes care of the authentication.
Once you have logged in, we can unfortunately not log you out programmatically.

Quote3) I have used a different id - via yahoo - registered and logged in successfully to the forum - but no registered email has been sent to the yahoo email id. Same even after forum logout i noticed the yahoo id is still logged in on yahoo.com - is that not a security threat.
Thank you. I will have a look at the email issue.

Quote4) Old version is not required, since the new version works wonderfully.
Ok ;)

pastorvictor

Quote from: - Claude - on February 11, 2013, 05:08:51 AM
@pastorvictor
In the file Subs-OneallSocialLogin.php you can find this line:

$user_token = $user->user_token;

You can use our API and this user_token to post to the user's wall.
http://docs.oneall.com/api/resources/users/write-to-users-wall/

Thank you, Claude. I must not be very good at these things, but I'm wondering if you maybe have a more "narrowed down" version of that tutorial. I just don't understand where to put that code or where to get the user token. I also don't see where I would add the "I have just registered an account with site.com" line. in the code. Could you please help?

Thanks again.

johnpaul2k2

Good Mod, i  have little problems...

1. when i use some of the social login, this is what i got

2. while some will keep on redirecting from now till infinity

how will i solve this??

Claude, OneAll

Hi johnpaul2k2,

1. when i use some of the social login, this is what i got
This error is displayed when someone tries to login without having registered first.
You first have to go to the registration page to register with your social network account.
Once you have registered you can use the login page

2. while some will keep on redirecting from now till infinity
Could you please open the Social Login config in your SMF admin panel and click on the Autodetect and Verify buttons?
Do you get two green mesages?

Regards,

Advertisement: