News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Social Login

Started by Claude, OneAll, February 01, 2013, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpaul2k2

nothing like auto detect here

johnpaul2k2

i have some suggestions

1. why not make both the social login in both "login" and "register" the same? because the SA facebook that i am using is working on both login and register as one  (ie not  must u have to go through REGISTER first)

2. the REDIRECT is taking more than required, though if you refresh, it is already logged in

3. is there a simple way to add all these social button on the Front page???

pastorvictor

If someone has been able to get Facebook to post a message upon registration, would you please lend me a hand with it? I'm confused by the instructions on the site.
Thanks in advance!

dimspace

Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on February 12, 2013, 02:44:18 PM
i have some suggestions

1. why not make both the social login in both "login" and "register" the same? because the SA facebook that i am using is working on both login and register as one  (ie not  must u have to go through REGISTER first)

2. the REDIRECT is taking more than required, though if you refresh, it is already logged in

3. is there a simple way to add all these social button on the Front page???

I would disagree with point 1, i think login and registration should be very clearly defined, it was causing a lot of confusion for my existing members prior to the "this account has not yet been associated with an account" on login was added. How do you differentiate between login and register, unless people happen to use the same email address for everything.

As an aside, im not sure running this in combination with SA facebook is a good idea. Might be wrong.

on the social buttons on front page, if you mean actually login buttons it would be entirely theme dependant, and the code could be done i guess for curve but how many are running curve. I have a register prompt for guests that lists teh icons of the networks they can login via using a simple portal block

DAVID. D.A

any way to integrate the login module into simple portal's login box?

SA™

As an aside, im not sure running this in combination with SA facebook is a good idea. Might be wrong.

very bad idea it will just confuse your members more choose the one that works best for your needs and stick wih it :)
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

SA™

Quote from: pastorvictor on February 12, 2013, 05:34:12 PM
If someone has been able to get Facebook to post a message upon registration, would you please lend me a hand with it? I'm confused by the instructions on the site.
Thanks in advance!

why would you want to do this? not every member would  wont that puplished on there page i know i wouldent each to there own tho i suppose good luck
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

DAVID. D.A

In addition to my other question, how can you redirect newly registered users to their profile settings, so they can add an avatar, signature, etc. Cause new members have no avatar, just a blank error/non loading image.

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: SA™ on February 13, 2013, 10:45:57 AM

very bad idea it will just confuse your members more choose the one that works best for your needs and stick wih it :)
I am using both but i disable FACEBOOK LOGIN under this mod

Quote from: Mick. on February 01, 2013, 04:38:10 PM
Very cool guys. When login in with google i had an error.

I had the change the permission to 755 on oneall_social_login.callback.php  ;)

All good now.

Please, mine is acting JANGO UNCHANGED  . if i try to register or login , after forwarding or taking data from a particular SOCIAL BUTTON , it will continue to redirect till Jesus comes except you stop it.
Another funny thing is when you open the  forum index, you will be logged in. why can't the REDIRECT just take you to the forum instead stopping and going to the Forum index yourself.  i tested your own, it's working fine.

please what will i do??

Claude, OneAll

@ johnpaul2k2
Could you please check if you have errors in the SMF error log?

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: - Claude - on February 19, 2013, 05:25:36 AM
@ johnpaul2k2
Could you please check if you have errors in the SMF error log?

i have checked no Social login error in my smf error log

jashars

ok I have the same error as johnpaul described for almost every google un youtube accaunts
This social network has not yet been linked to an account.

Even in registration page they are not allowed to sign in, it says
An Error Has Occurred!
You need to fill in a username.

No errors in error log

Is there any way to allow sign in from login page or then at least to remove those buttons from login page, because only 1 facbook accaunt from about 15 O tested(google, twitter, facebook, youtube) worked..

EDITED
Ok, so problem about this error about non existing user is not Social login mod fault. It shows up if this user does not have Name, Surname or Nickname in his user(forxample google) accaunt. So this problem is solved.
Ok I removed those buttons from login lage now - because they are useless there.

So my next question is:

How to redirect those buttons from login page to registration page? And also how to add these buttons to main index or at least image with redirected link to registration page?

Alfter some research I can say that registration bar mod solved this problem - you can add custom text or image, which will take you to the registration page. I hope this helps someone

johnpaul2k2

please one more thing,

i am using wap2 for my mobile view and this is what i see when i try to login with SOCIAL LOGIN

the facebook integration (another mod) is working perfectly ok but yours is blank, is there anyway to improve on this???

Claude, OneAll

@johnpaul2k2

The OneAll social library is missing in your WAP2 theme.
Please add this code inside the <head>...</head> section of your mobile theme:

<script type="text/javascript" src="//topnichez.api.oneall.com/socialize/library.js"></script>

Regards,

johnpaul2k2

Update: it worked on the registration but i couldn't find it within LOGIN

Mick.

@Claude,  you changed the redirection to the board index in this last update. Before it changed to $scripturl.  Where in your codes can i change it to redirect to whatever page i want?

S Mac

Someone please help! I've downloaded, installed it and set it up..or I thought I had. But every time I click to login through Twitter I get this message:

"This social network has not yet been linked to an account.

Please use the registration form to create a new account. If you already have an account, open your profile settings to connect the social network to it."

I went through the process of creating my oneall account again but I'm just going round in circles.

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: S Mac on March 06, 2013, 02:35:04 PM
Someone please help! I've downloaded, installed it and set it up..or I thought I had. But every time I click to login through Twitter I get this message:

"This social network has not yet been linked to an account.

Please use the registration form to create a new account. If you already have an account, open your profile settings to connect the social network to it."

I went through the process of creating my oneall account again but I'm just going round in circles.

i had the same too but here is how to use it

when you want to use the Social Login for the first time. you MUST go through REGISTER , not going to login  because LOGIN and REGISTER are not the same.

Go through Register and use it if you are using it for the first time, it will work. after that , you can login through LOGIN .

You can read some of the comments, because i complained about it before i learn it

S Mac

Thank you! You're right, I didn't read it properly. It works just fine now :)

Advertisement: