News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Social Login

Started by Claude, OneAll, February 01, 2013, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylert

When I try to login to my site with my Facebook account I get the redirect message and it spins and spins. I never get redirected, but I'm logged in. How can I be redirected to my site?

When I click autodetect and verify I get green messages:
The API Connection Handler has been detected and updated successfully!
The API Settings have been verified and updated successfully!

johnpaul2k2

it was happening to me  but later it stopped

maybe you have to give it some time

Quote from: Dylert on March 16, 2013, 01:33:49 PM
When I try to login to my site with my Facebook account I get the redirect message and it spins and spins. I never get redirected, but I'm logged in. How can I be redirected to my site?

When I click autodetect and verify I get green messages:
The API Connection Handler has been detected and updated successfully!
The API Settings have been verified and updated successfully!

deeclub

{"response":{"request":{"date":"Thu, 28 Mar 2013 06:58:40 +0100","resource":"\/","status":{"flag":"error","code":405,"info":"The method POST is not allowed for this resource. Allowed methods: GET"}}}}

้help me please

CepoSK

This popups on registration and then it just redirects users to the login screen. No account is created. The user has approved the app on FB ofc. Any ideas?

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: CepoSK on April 16, 2013, 03:40:38 PM

This popups on registration and then it just redirects users to the login screen. No account is created. The user has approved the app on FB ofc. Any ideas?

You must first of all, go through "register" , choose any social login you want. after registering with your desired social network and it works. you can then "login" the next time without going through "register" again :)

CepoSK

Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on April 17, 2013, 03:33:48 AM

You must first of all, go through "register" , choose any social login you want. after registering with your desired social network and it works. you can then "login" the next time without going through "register" again :)

Ok just noticed its actually isn't that pic. After i click "Or simply register using your social network account " FB icon, the login window for FB popups, i login there and then it just redirects me to the /index.php?action=oasl_callback;oasl_source=registration - login screen but it says "That username does not exist." which is true cause no new user is added.

Actually you can try it out your self: hxxp:forum.hmfalpha.sk [nonactive]

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: CepoSK on April 17, 2013, 05:10:01 AM
Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on April 17, 2013, 03:33:48 AM

Ok just noticed its actually isn't that pic. After i click "Or simply register using your social network account " FB icon, the login window for FB popups, i login there and then it just redirects me to the /index.php?action=oasl_callback;oasl_source=registration - login screen but it says "That username does not exist." which is true cause no new user is added.

Actually you can try it out your self: http://forum.hmfalpha.sk

cross the followings.............
API Subdomain:
API Public Key:
API Private Key:

also make sure you followed the instructions on how to get any of the social networks working

check my forum and try to register. everything is working perfectly ok

CepoSK

"The API Settings have been verified and updated successfully!" As it was before.

EDIT: Just tried the other FB integration mod and it worked, but that's too complex for what i need.

Sudhakar Arjunan

hi could you tell me what is the update in this version.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

TheListener

I like the possiblity of the mod on the forum.

However can the log in buttons such as the facebook one on your forum be shrunk slightly?

Wully

Hello,
Would someone be able to give me a hand installing this,
I installed it as normal through the package manager and it installed without errors, all the correct files were writable by the looks of it.

However theres no configuration menu where the tutorial on the oneall website shows it should be.

Any ideas? Thanks.

TheListener

Which theme do you use?

Nothing showing in your admin section at all?

Wully

I'm using the default theme, nothing comes up in the admin section at all for configuring the mod.
I'm using the latest version of SMF 2.0.4.

This is my first time using this forum software so I'm still trying to find my way around it. I also had the bug where the temp directory in the Packages folder needed to be created manually each time. I don't know if that may of caused problems, I will attempt a clean reinstall and try again.

yasoymama

Hello everybody!
I have just installed this mod, i think it is fantastic but does not work on my site. I created the facebook and disqus application, i configured every fiel... and when you try regitering with facebook or any other social network, it says:

You are being redirected, and appears this adress: hxxp:myweb.com/forum/index.php?action=oasl_callback;oasl_source=registration [nonactive]

And nothing else happens, only white screen.

Any idea?

CepoSK

I have exactly the same problem. Even contacted the Oneall support about it. Haven't been able to sort it yet, tho.

Claude, OneAll

Hello,

there is unfortunately a bug in the module and it does not work when guest access is disabled.
Thanks to the help of CepoSK I have been able to find and fix the issue.

You have to open the index.php file of your forum:

Find this part:

// If guest access is off, a guest can only do one of the very few following actions.
elseif (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $user_info['is_guest'] && (!isset($_REQUEST['action']) || !in_array($_REQUEST['action'], array('coppa', 'login', 'login2', 'register', 'register2', 'reminder', 'activate', 'help', 'smstats', 'mailq', 'verificationcode', 'openidreturn'))))
{
   require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Auth.php');
   return 'KickGuest';
}

And change it to this (the change is highlighted) :

// If guest access is off, a guest can only do one of the very few following actions.
elseif (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $user_info['is_guest'] && (!isset($_REQUEST['action']) || !in_array($_REQUEST['action'], array('oasl_registration', 'oasl_callback', 'coppa', 'login', 'login2', 'register', 'register2', 'reminder', 'activate', 'help', 'smstats', 'mailq', 'verificationcode', 'openidreturn'))))
{
   require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Auth.php');
   return 'KickGuest';
}

I will release a new version that includes this fix too.

Claude, OneAll

A new version (2.3) with this bugfix included is now available here:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3580

yasoymama

Claude, I have installed the new version and the problem continues... and my forum has guest access enabled. I hope you can solve this.... i want this mod!  :P

Claude, OneAll

Hi yasoymama,

I've send you a private message with a link to contact me.

Regards,

TheListener

After viewing the amount of form filling (so to speak) and seeing how confusing everything is just so people can log in using facebook etc I have decided not to continue with this mod for the time being.

Advertisement: