News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Social Login

Started by Claude, OneAll, February 01, 2013, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tassie73

Anyone seen an increase in new members over and above "normal" expectations?

I have installed it, just need to do some customisation on the buttons :)

Chris

uny2bld

Quote from: tassie73 on August 14, 2013, 08:38:11 PM
Anyone seen an increase in new members over and above "normal" expectations?

I have installed it, just need to do some customisation on the buttons :)

Chris
Bump ?

tassie73

With minimal promotion of it I have seen 8 new members.

I have been a bit sidetracked with work but have plans to promote it a lot more in the near future as I see it as a great tool and feature for the site.

Thanks to Claude and his team for the mod

lurkalot

Looks like a great mod.  I see it says there's a limit of 2500 users with the free version, so what happens after you have 2500 members sign up with it, does it just stop working, or does it self destruct ?

Motorhed

I got stuck at registering my site.

It "only" takes a few hours to set up?

I'm a novice at anything related to API, etc. - I guess I have to pass.

Edit: Scratch that, SMF wasn't listed on the button for pre-existing templates (probably the wrong term) but I found it anyway.

vbgamer45

Quote from: lurkalot on September 01, 2013, 10:45:49 AM
Looks like a great mod.  I see it says there's a limit of 2500 users with the free version, so what happens after you have 2500 members sign up with it, does it just stop working, or does it self destruct ?
Doesn't allow more people to register. Afterword you would have to pay.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

smiley7

Quote from: Mick. on February 01, 2013, 04:38:10 PM
Very cool guys. When login in with google i had an error.

I had the change the permission to 755 on oneall_social_login.callback.php  ;)

All good now.

Hey, Mick.

Where should this file be located? I searched for it through cPanel, but I got nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
smiley7

Edit: After re-reading this thread I found out that the file was no longer necessary and was removed from the package. Now I'm even more confused...

I'm using SMF 2.0.5 and the latest version of Social Login (2.5). I can login to the forum through "register", but not through "login" on the main page. I get an error, saying "The user whose profile you are trying to view does not exist."

What am I missing?

ncsg

I have installed, tested API key, setup google and linkedin, when new user registers passed authentication, redirected, then see a blank page, same for Google and Linkedin.

Adrek

Is there any way to check which users created/linked account with social site?
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

tigerheart

i got question does your mod support other language other than English because i cant set it up after i register  new account using google it goes to index.php?action=oasl_callback;oasl_source=registration with database error please try again later i did all what have been asked from me to the mod even OneallSocialLogin.sdk.php 755 i have set Google api on one all cpanel i am frustrated i am using right to left language if that will help

NanoSector

Hi tigerheart, welcome to SMF.

Please calm down, take a cup of coffee, and provide us with the complete error. You might need to go to your error log for this.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

freestyler7

Thanks Claude, works great. :) I just can not do the Twitter, it says "Invalid URL".

stuart71

I have this installed & works perfect

Is there a way to move the social network buttons ?

Would like them at the top of the home page where it says login or register

stuart71

synewave

Thanks for this mod. Downloaded and installed as per the instructions.

One question I currently have relates to the option Use the user picture from the social network as forum avatar?

When users login with Facebook, it doesn't seem to use the cropped profile picture that appears as their Facebook avatar but rather the uploaded Facebook profile picture before it is cropped.

How can I get the mod to use the Facebook cropped profile image?

Many thanks :)

laurentl

It's a nice concept but doesn't instantly log people in, still requires new users to create a profile which defeats the purpose.
repro: click Steam login
result: This social network has not yet been linked to an account.
Please use the registration form to create a new account. If you already have an account, open your profile settings to connect the social network to it.

desai_amogh

i installed this mod and registered most of the socila networks (yahoo, google, fb, linkedin, etc). The mod works and I can login to the forum as well as register. but the problem is , the forum profiles are not updated with the social network data.  When I go to Profile => Forum profile, all the fields are empty. I want my users to  have most of the forum profile fields updated through the social networks and not update it manually. shouldnt this work by default ?? do i need to make any changes ??

Myrrdin

Whenever a user tries to register, login or link their account, they get taken to a blank page.
The url of the page depends on what your action is. It does however display the "you are being redirected" message for a microsecond before the fully blank page appears.

Registration: index.php?action=oasl_callback;oasl_source=registration
Login: index.php?action=oasl_callback;oasl_source=login
Linking: index.php?action=oasl_callback;oasl_source=profile;oasl_uid=2

I followed all of the instructions point by point and have ensured that the settings are correct (tested the api settings etc too and they are all green).

Any ideas?

In the dashboard it says that there are two new users and that there are 5 returning ones.
I'm sure it's just a very simple error and I don't want to sign up for a monthly payment plan just to have one it solved.

Edit:
It turns out that the problem was that we did not have JSON installed.
Be sure to check your smf and/or apache errorlog for the webserver.

The OP was instrumental in finding this solution.
Many thanks!

AutoCultivo

Hi Claude  :) , great mod. Works fine. Thanks for it.

In Free plan allow 2000 registrations per year, is true?

Thanks

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: AutoCultivo on March 17, 2014, 05:01:05 PM
Hi Claude  :) , great mod. Works fine. Thanks for it.

In Free plan allow 2000 registrations per year, is true?

Thanks

yes

Advertisement: