Social Login

Started by Claude, OneAll, February 01, 2013, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Are you able to make this take the required rego fields into account? It sometimes asks for an email address so why can't it pop up with the required profile fields on rego? :)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

420Connect.co.uk

Would you guys mind updating the 'G' used for the google symbol to match their new stylee!  O:)

Thank you in advance!
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Jade Elizabeth

Heads up: When you promote a social login peep to admin and have admin security requiring passwords to enter admin they can't get in.

You may wish to look into that :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: ApplianceJunk on July 17, 2013, 08:26:38 AM
Hi,

I added this code to the end of my index.css file.

/* Styles for Social Login Buttons */

.plugin #providers .provider {
  width: 50px !important;
  margin-bottom: 2px !important;
  padding: 2px 4px 4px;
}

.plugin #providers .provider .name {
  display: none !important;
}

.plugin #providers .provider .button {
  background: url("http://appliancejunk.com/images/social/facebook_24x24.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important;
  height: 24px !important;
  width: 24px !important;
}

and I added this code to my index.template.php file

<div id="social_login_container"></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
oneall.api.plugins.social_login.build("social_login_container", {
  "providers" :  ["facebook", "twitter", "google", "yahoo", "openid", "windowslive"],
  "callback_uri": "http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=oasl_callback;oasl_source=register",
  "css_theme_uri": "http://appliancejunk.com/forums/social_login.css"
  });
</script>';

It was added right after this code in my index.template.php file.

// Otherwise they're a guest - this time ask them to either register or login - lazy bums...
elseif (!empty($context['show_login_bar']))
{
echo '
<script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/sha1.js"></script>
<form id="guest_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" ', empty($context['disable_login_hashing']) ? ' onsubmit="hashLoginPassword(this, \'' . $context['session_id'] . '\');"' : '', '>
<div class="info">', sprintf($txt['welcome_guest'], $txt['guest_title']), '</div>
<input type="text" name="user" size="10" class="input_text" />
<input type="password" name="passwrd" size="10" class="input_password" />
<select name="cookielength">
<option value="60">', $txt['one_hour'], '</option>
<option value="1440">', $txt['one_day'], '</option>
<option value="10080">', $txt['one_week'], '</option>
<option value="43200">', $txt['one_month'], '</option>
<option value="-1" selected="selected">', $txt['forever'], '</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" value="', $txt['login'], '" class="button_submit" /><br />
<div class="info">', $txt['quick_login_dec'], '</div>';

echo'

Hope that helps.

I can't get this to work, is it still the right code? :)

Cyber-Box

I installed this plugin and it seems to work great but it removed the Display Name option for the members.  I can change the Display Name from the admin side but they aren't able to do it themselves.  Is there a way around to fix this other than to uninstall the plugin?

EDIT:  NEVER MIND!  I feel like an a$$. =oS  I clicked it off in my admin section and didn't even realize it.  So sorry everyone.  =o)

Looking

What's the recommended way to update this Mod or is it the traditional uninstall and install latest version?

jaisi

I have uninstalled this mod and after that im getting below error
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;descApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined index: oasl_configApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/*****/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 243

Can you help me how to resolve this issue .

Thanks In Advance
Jaisi

Shambles

Just remove the few lines in Admin.php that were added (but unfortunately not removed) by this mod (details are in the mod parser on the mod download page).

If you're not comfortable editing the file, attach it to a post and someone will edit the lines out for you. Be aware that there may be other places/files which haven't had the mod contents removed during your uninstall (I'm guessing you were shown errors during the uninstall but proceeded anyway?).

jaisi

Thank you for replying i have try to remove that code but not able to find that code .

please find the admin. php

Thanks in advance
Jaisi

Shambles

The redundant code is at lines 238-250

Here's your Admin.php with the offending lines commented out.

jaisi

Quote from: Shambles on April 29, 2016, 12:51:31 PM
The redundant code is at lines 238-250

Here's your Admin.php with the offending lines commented out.

Thank you very much now its working fine thanks again ...

KingPablo

First of all, sorry for my bad English language.

I have one problem with this mod.

When I login of my forum with this mod (facebook, twitter, steam, etc.) and when I wrote post it didn't count and show in my profile box.

Example.

Before I wrote post I had 21.474 posts, and after I write post the number is still same in my profile box.

When I use classic login (not by Social Login mod), everything is fine, and every new post count at my profil box Posts statistic.

Anybody can help?

badon

What happens to the accounts if the mod is uninstalled? Do they somehow get prompted to reset a password?

BellGab.com

Quote from: KingPablo on June 26, 2016, 05:17:06 PM
First of all, sorry for my bad English language.

I have one problem with this mod.

When I login of my forum with this mod (facebook, twitter, steam, etc.) and when I wrote post it didn't count and show in my profile box.

Example.

Before I wrote post I had 21.474 posts, and after I write post the number is still same in my profile box.

When I use classic login (not by Social Login mod), everything is fine, and every new post count at my profil box Posts statistic.

Anybody can help?

do the posts appear in the "show posts" section if they're submitted while logged in via social?

Ezaco

Is it possible that this mod integrates with other Social Mods that add profile fields to include things like Steam name/ID? Or does anyone know of other mods that integrate with this one?

I know there is a couple mods that adds the Steam ID to the profile field and display the Steam Profile, but you have to enter those manually. I was hoping to find anything that allows this sign in with those Social Networks to have that information integrated.

BellGab.com

I've been using this mod for a couple weeks now, allowing login via Twitter, FB, Google, MS, and Yahoo.  Works flawlessly so far.  Thanks.  I'm surprised at how seamless it all is.  I wish I'd implemented something like this long ago.  I think my forum would be much larger if I had.

uamsameter

Quote from: badon on August 09, 2016, 12:50:53 AM
What happens to the accounts if the mod is uninstalled? Do they somehow get prompted to reset a password?

I'm also interested in this question.
please anybody know the answer?
Wandering is free. Certainty has a price.

Jade Elizabeth

Is it possible to have this mod work with the Stop Spammer mod? I just had a spammer get through and they posted hundreds of times. I deleted them and their posts. They were using a fake google account which was deleted and I assume that would have stopped them coming back but it would be good to have it check with Stop Spammer first :).

Quote from: uamsameter on September 19, 2016, 06:31:42 PM
Quote from: badon on August 09, 2016, 12:50:53 AM

I'm also interested in this question.
please anybody know the answer?

I assume it would say their password was wrong and they'd need to reset it.

Jade Elizabeth

I am just wondering if it's possible to change a members username after they've signed up, but not break the social login?

Some of my members have really convoluted usernames and they need to use them to get into other software that's integrated with forum memberships. It would be great if I could request they make a username/display name choice as well as some have gotten upset FB login uses their real name (what were they thinking it would use? lol) and if they can pick a username to log in with that would really help make it easier for them to log in elsewhere.

badon

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on November 16, 2016, 12:28:11 AM
I am just wondering if it's possible to change a members username after they've signed up, but not break the social login?

Some of my members have really convoluted usernames and they need to use them to get into other software that's integrated with forum memberships. It would be great if I could request they make a username/display name choice as well as some have gotten upset FB login uses their real name (what were they thinking it would use? lol) and if they can pick a username to log in with that would really help make it easier for them to log in elsewhere.

I agree with this. I'm personally annoyed at social login systems because I want to keep access to different sites...different. That way if I hack occurs, only 1 site is affected. But, the speed and ease with registration using an existing account's credentials will undeniably improve the odds someone will decide to participate on a forum. Pro and cons. Having the choice is good.

Advertisement: