News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Social Login

Started by Claude, OneAll, February 01, 2013, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude, OneAll

Hello,

I have now updated the plugin. I have added Discord, Meetup, Line, Soundcloud and Weibo
and made some changes so to that it works with PHP 7.2.

Best Regards,

pocttopus

Hello,

I had removed previous version 3.5 to be able to install the latest 3.7 but somehow there are two login forms on the page.  :-\
How can I remove one and leave the other one. We don't need two login forms on the same page.  :o

http://forum.mkreef.com/login/

Kindred

You would have to manually edit the code...

(and when a mod gives you an error on install or uninistall, understand that means exactly what the message says -- the mod will not fully install (or uninstall) and you will have to manually edit the code that failed the automatic process.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Claude, OneAll

Hello,

you have probably modified the login template after having install Social Login 3.5. This is why it was not correctly removed when you uninstalled it now.
In your theme directory you need to open Login.template.php. There you need to remove this block:

<p style="text-align:left;">
<div class="oneall_social_login_providers" id="oneall_social_login_providers_', $rand, '"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
oneall.api.plugins.social_login.build("oneall_social_login_providers_', $rand, '", {
"providers": [\'', implode ("', '", $providers), '\'],
"callback_uri": \'', $boardurl, '/index.php?action=oasl_callback;oasl_source=login\',
});
</script>
<!-- OneAll.com / Social Login for SMF -->
</p>

pocttopus

Quote from: Claude, OneAll on August 22, 2018, 03:23:44 AM
Hello,

you have probably modified the login template after having install Social Login 3.5. This is why it was not correctly removed when you uninstalled it now.
In your theme directory you need to open Login.template.php. There you need to remove this block:

<p style="text-align:left;">
<div class="oneall_social_login_providers" id="oneall_social_login_providers_', $rand, '"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
oneall.api.plugins.social_login.build("oneall_social_login_providers_', $rand, '", {
"providers": [\'', implode ("', '", $providers), '\'],
"callback_uri": \'', $boardurl, '/index.php?action=oasl_callback;oasl_source=login\',
});
</script>
<!-- OneAll.com / Social Login for SMF -->
</p>

Thanks for your response but now icons are missing.  :-\

Biology Forums

A few questions before setting up:

What happens immediately after registration?

Are members given the opportunity to select a password? A Username?

Does their avatar from their social profile get linked?

Can they still login without their social login?

njtweb

Quote from: Study Force on August 22, 2018, 11:36:23 AM

Great questions, I've been mulling over allowing twitter and FB login, I'm following.

pocttopus

Quote from: Study Force on August 22, 2018, 11:36:23 AM

They can register immediately with SocialLogin without asking for pass/username.
Yes, they can use their avatars from social network as well.

Now the login form for SocialLogin is not working properly because is missing and therefor no one can login through SocialLogin. :(

SychO

Quote from: pocttopus on August 24, 2018, 04:08:10 AM
Now the login form for SocialLogin is not working properly because is missing and therefor no one can login through SocialLogin. :(

Attach your Login.template.php file here, let me take a look at it
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

pocttopus

Quote from: SychO on August 24, 2018, 04:35:26 AM
Quote from: pocttopus on August 24, 2018, 04:08:10 AM

Attach your Login.template.php file here, let me take a look at it
Here...

SychO

The mod installed correctly, did you adjust the mod's settings ?
Checkout My Themes:
-

pocttopus

Quote from: SychO on August 24, 2018, 06:06:30 AM
The mod installed correctly, did you adjust the mod's settings ?
Yes... but somehow the icons for logins are missing.  :-\

Mick.

@Claude this mod is pretty straight forward. Easy to set up and configure....and the steps by steps are spot on. Right on brother.  ;)

Biology Forums

Quote from: Mick. on August 24, 2018, 11:08:01 AM
@Claude this mod is pretty straight forward. Easy to set up and configure....and the steps by steps are spot on. Right on brother.  ;)

Mick. Given you have it installed, can you answer my questions above.

Biggest concern is, how to login if the mod fails in the future. Can you set your own password? I know you can login with an email address as your username.

Mick.

Quote from: Study Force on August 24, 2018, 11:52:52 AM
Quote from: Mick. on August 24, 2018, 11:08:01 AM

Mick. Given you have it installed, can you answer my questions above.

Biggest concern is, how to login if the mod fails in the future. Can you set your own password? I know you can login with an email address as your username.
You know what? I dont have the answer. good question but i would think that if the mod fails, the user can still login with the user name used in the past and password. Like if i used facebook to login in the past, you should be able to login using your facebook name and password. Well i'm thinking that that would be reasonably.  I guess you could untick the facebook icon in admin and try to login with your facebook name and password via smf login and see if that works. If it does, then everything should work if the mod fails. Then tick the facebook icon back on. Hence, using the mod it automaticly registers users. Now, i have not done this.

SychO

there is no way your facebook password can be used, if that were the case, hacking'd be pretty ez
Checkout My Themes:
-

Mick.

Quote from: SychO on August 24, 2018, 12:11:45 PM
there is no way your facebook password can be used, if that were the case, hacking'd be pretty ez
alright, well, thats out the window.

pocttopus

Ermmm... what about my issue!?  :-[ :-\
The icons/buttons are missing in login form...  :-\

diegolyanky

Great MOD !...

Will work on 1.1.21 ? ... ( I Have 1.1.21 working under PHP 7.1 )
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

pocttopus

Can someone help me... the forum is broken.
I went to uninstall the mod and everything was fine. Then I installed again and now is broken.  :-\
Template Parse Error!
It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

You can also try refreshing this page.

Advertisement: