News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Social Login

Started by Claude, OneAll, February 01, 2013, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SychO

Quote from: pocttopus on August 27, 2018, 03:56:31 AM
Can someone help me... the forum is broken.
I went to uninstall the mod and everything was fine. Then I installed again and now is broken.  :-\
http://forum.mkreef.com/login/
Template Parse Error!
It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

You can also try refreshing this page.

Looks like you figured it out
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

pocttopus

Quote from: SychO on August 27, 2018, 04:53:41 AM
Quote from: pocttopus on August 27, 2018, 03:56:31 AM
Can someone help me... the forum is broken.
I went to uninstall the mod and everything was fine. Then I installed again and now is broken.  :-\
http://forum.mkreef.com/login/
Template Parse Error!
It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

You can also try refreshing this page.

Looks like you figured it out
Yes... solved. :)
Thanks @SychO... I appreciate your concern.  :)

Biology Forums

Quote from: Study Force on August 22, 2018, 11:36:23 AM
A few questions before setting up:

What happens immediately after registration?

Are members given the opportunity to select a password? A Username?

Does their avatar from their social profile get linked?

Can they still login without their social login?

bump

landyvlad

Study Force please don't assume I am correct, someone who KNOWS will come along in due course, but I THINK...

What happens immediately after registration? Not sure what you mean here.

If the facebook name is fred nirk then the username becomes fred.nirk

Does their avatar from their social profile get linked? No I don't think so.

Can they still login without their social login? Again, not sure.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

landyvlad

I assume that ALL the changes made when installing social login are shown in the 'parse manually' function.

However, does social login make any changes to SMF files subsequently?  i.e When activated or when a user joins via social media for the first time?

I've uninstalled the mod but am not 100% sure that things are as they were before, and I need to be certain.

Thanks
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Biology Forums

I have finally got around to installing this and have several answers:

What happens immediately after registration?

You are redirected to your profile. At least in my forum where it's programmed to do that.

No. The username is generated based on your social media account. The password is auto-generated as a number, but the user doesn't get to see it. Therefore, if the software stops working, those members are doomed.

There's a simple work around though. What I did was create an auto-generated password that's easy to remember, and upon successful login, that password is sent to the user within a personal message explaining their backup login credentials.

Does their avatar from their social profile get linked?

Yes, which I find quite nice.

Can they still login without their social login?

Out of the box, they can't, but I've worked around it (read above).

EthanR

Thanks for the research, clears up some questions I had :)

pocttopus

Hello,
I want to change a color, but I'm not able to find the style. ???
Where is this location or how can I change a color from there?
The color is the text-label bellow every button.

http://public.oneallcdn.com/css/api/themes/beveled_w35_h35_wc_v1.css

Biology Forums

I don't think you can because the login buttons are found within an iframe and you can't control the css within iframe elements

pocttopus

I am aware about that but I was wondering is there any chance as part of some new update to add css file or that would be risky move?

Kindred

you can't -- an iframe calls a completely separate website. Nothing you do for CSS will affect the display in the iframe.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Biology Forums

Quote from: pocttopus on September 25, 2018, 05:43:10 PM
I am aware about that but I was wondering is there any chance as part of some new update to add css file or that would be risky move?

Part of their business involves subscribing (costs money) so that you can modify that stuff from their end -- I see where they're coming from.

Even if a new update included a CSS file, the login interface is loading from an iframe, unless they did a complete rewrite which I assume they'd never do. On a side note, you could use javascript to remove/modify certain stuff, but the work required isn't worth the minimal gain in my opinion, because it's pretty good the way it is out of the box.

I incorporated it into my main forum and it looks pretty good.

pocttopus

Quote from: Study Force on September 25, 2018, 11:35:58 PM
Part of their business involves subscribing (costs money) so that you can modify that stuff from their end -- I see where they're coming from.

Even if a new update included a CSS file, the login interface is loading from an iframe, unless they did a complete rewrite which I assume they'd never do. On a side note, you could use javascript to remove/modify certain stuff, but the work required isn't worth the minimal gain in my opinion, because it's pretty good the way it is out of the box.

I incorporated it into my main forum and it looks pretty good.

It looks good because you are using white background. If you change to some dark style it wouldn't be same look.  :-\

Biology Forums

Mine is gray, not white. Why not place the code within a div that is white and has a border that's gray? That'll make it pop out more.

spiros

I got this. Then the instructions do not seem to apply as Twitter changed the app URL/permissions and the old app is not functional anymore. I use Social Login 3.6

[Site:translatum] Could not connect to Twitter
Please verify the Twitter configuration in your OneAll account. If you are the owner of this website then you need to follow the setup guide available here: Setup Twitter Configuration
Additional Information
To fix this issue, please open the settings of your Twitter app and add the following value to the field Callback URLs:

ikramkhan

Hi,

I have an educational forum https://www.amps.edu.pk/forum , I have installed social login mod on that forum. On the login page, I want to center align the social buttons of Facebook, G+ and Twtiter. I also wanted to show only one button per line.

I have asked the question in this forum and on support forum support.oneall.com I got a response there that I should add these lines to the stylesheet:

.oneall_social_login_providers{
width: 220px;
margin: 0 auto;
}

I don't know where exactly I should add these lines. I tried to edit the file OneallSocialLogin.admin.css and index.cc in the themes/css folder and added the above-mentioned code. But no luck.

Can you please guide me which file I should edit?

I am using the default theme.

Thanks.

alikman1379

A nice mod. I use it in my forum

Biology Forums

Just passed 2500 registrations.

Excellent mod by the way! Will look into paying for more soon

Seyit replikacep.com

Will you update the mode to smf 2.1

Advertisement: