News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Board Icons

Started by Dream Portal Team, February 01, 2013, 04:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoLoGHoST

-Captain Ghost-

i am getting error while installing the mod.
Note:same error on fresh install (smf 2.0.6)

SoLoGHoST

Yes, this will always give error for all themes in any version of SMF that you install for.  Because it is performing the same edit twice due to SMF adding in an extra indent for that edit operation in SMF 2.0.6.  So instead of targetting a specific SMF version, I simply added in 2 operations of the same type, 1 with the indentation and another without it.  This makes sure that it will perform the correct operation and skip the other.  That is why it is set on IGNORE ERRORS.  There is nothing wrong with these operations, you can install and it should work just fine.

There are many reasons why people would do this, mainly because in different themes, different edits are required, if you ignore the operations where it is trivial and could possibly be different, than 1 of those operations will most likely catch and perform the necessary edit(s).  This is done, in this case, to support all themes that require theme edits... it is ignored if the operation is not found, and will continue with a found operation instead.

-Captain Ghost-

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on January 02, 2014, 06:38:13 AM
Yes, this will always give error for all themes in any version of SMF that you install for.  Because it is performing the same edit twice due to SMF adding in an extra indent for that edit operation in SMF 2.0.6.  So instead of targetting a specific SMF version, I simply added in 2 operations of the same type, 1 with the indentation and another without it.  This makes sure that it will perform the correct operation and skip the other.  That is why it is set on IGNORE ERRORS.  There is nothing wrong with these operations, you can install and it should work just fine.

There are many reasons why people would do this, mainly because in different themes, different edits are required, if you ignore the operations where it is trivial and could possibly be different, than 1 of those operations will most likely catch and perform the necessary edit(s).  This is done, in this case, to support all themes that require theme edits... it is ignored if the operation is not found, and will continue with a found operation instead.
so is it good to ignore the errors or not?

SoLoGHoST

Yes, you can install and ignore the errors.  What SMF does when there is an error detected and it is installed, SMF SKIPS that operation edit and continues on.  Since this edit says (IGNORE ERRORS) directly after the "Test Failed" text, it is safe to install.

If there were serious errors detected, it would say so at the very top of the page in BOLD RED TEXT.

Dream Portal Team

Can anyone tell me if this mod works for SMF 2.0.7?  I haven't installed a copy of 2.0.7 yet and am curious to know if this mod installs fine and works.
This is the universal account for the Dream Portal Team. All messages sent to this account will be discarded.  Please visit us at:  Dream Portal dot net for support and extensions to Dream Portal.

live627

I'm fairly confident that it'll work. Most mod authors blindly update their mod pages to the latest point-release.

Having said that, it installs fine.Just now tested.

SoLoGHoST

Ok, awesome, thanks John.

GamePersia

Thanks buddy....
awesome,..perfectly worked with 2.0.7...... ;D
just tell me one thing,..that what is the role of "Redirect Image Path" ??
means if i add image link there,..what will change ?? :-\

Burke ♞ Knight

SoLoGHoST

I really do love this mod.
As can see, I have it running very nicely now, and have several different images for boards.
http://www.burkeknight.com/index.php?action=forum

I really like that it works great on child boards, too.
Did you ever update to do that edit without ignore?

<file name="$themedir/BoardIndex.template.php">
<operation error="ignore">

Thanks for such a great and useful mod, with terrific support!

kamili34

Me too. Why it doesnt work on child boards. Why need to be change manually?

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: GamePersia on February 18, 2014, 11:30:53 PM
Thanks buddy....
awesome,..perfectly worked with 2.0.7...... ;D
just tell me one thing,..that what is the role of "Redirect Image Path" ??
means if i add image link there,..what will change ?? :-\

That is in case you have the board set as a redirect board, and want to use a custom icon for it, instead of the default for the theme.

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: BurkeKnight on February 19, 2014, 08:35:23 AM
SoLoGHoST

I really do love this mod.
As can see, I have it running very nicely now, and have several different images for boards.
http://www.burkeknight.com/index.php?action=forum

I really like that it works great on child boards, too.
Did you ever update to do that edit without ignore?

<file name="$themedir/BoardIndex.template.php">
<operation error="ignore">

Thanks for such a great and useful mod, with terrific support!

Thanks, and ouch, been so busy lately forgot about that edit.  Will do shortly.

kamili34

There is something wrong, even mod install correctly. Icons set are for all boards, even you want only in specific one.

SoLoGHoST

hmmm, SMF version?  Other Mods Installed? Any errors in the SMF Error Log?  Your sites url?  I could go on and on...

GamePersia

one thing to ask that how to change the footer icons ??
means icons which tell that this icon means New Posts,..and this icon means Redirect Board...etc..

kamili34

smf 2.0.7

Please check this file.

Dream Portal Team

Quote from: GamePersia on February 26, 2014, 03:10:07 AM
one thing to ask that how to change the footer icons ??
means icons which tell that this icon means New Posts,..and this icon means Redirect Board...etc..

The output of these are in BoardIndex.template.php.  Change as needed, or remove them altogether from being outputted.  This mod does not change those images by default.
This is the universal account for the Dream Portal Team. All messages sent to this account will be discarded.  Please visit us at:  Dream Portal dot net for support and extensions to Dream Portal.

Bachian

This mod isn't working for me on 2.0.7 with theme Firox Multicolor by SMFSimple. If the icons are 120 x 120 will it not work?

TheListener

Quote from: Bachian on May 26, 2014, 10:58:40 PM
This mod isn't working for me on 2.0.7 with theme Firox Multicolor by SMFSimple. If the icons are 120 x 120 will it not work?

Helps if you tell us why it doesn't work on the theme you use.

Advertisement: