News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Please, HELP ME!

Started by abideweb, February 05, 2013, 04:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abideweb

Dear forumites,

I am a newbie trying to get a hold of forum design and after getting some trainings, I was able to come out with a new site still in the design stage but would like inputs in terms of advice like - categories, boards.

The site is meant for my school alumni and would love to deliver a good job which may bring in more jobs for me.

I am counting on your positive and kind responses as we take this forum to a greater height.

Thanks all.

Colin

Possibly spam?

Your request is quite broad. What advice would you like about boards? Number of boards? Board titles?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

abideweb

I am not spamming on the forum but trying to seek an advice on my new forum - hxxp:nationalcollegealumni.com [nonactive]

I don't want to include the domain so that it will not look like a spam.

I want an advice in the area of what I should include in the boards and categories. The school was established in 1955 and I don' want to create a category for each set because it will turn out as a big project.

Thanks in anticipation for your kind advice.

Irisado

It's still not especially clear, but it would seem to me that you'd best off just having a few boards to start with, all of which are for discussing some aspect which is of interest to your potential membership.  The main thing is not to create too many boards, otherwise you'll just end up with an empty forum, which doesn't look good.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: