News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Make thread and topic size bigger

Started by sarhad12, February 07, 2013, 06:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

ApplianceJunk...  to find out where it trickles down from, roll down the css list on the right in firebug...   eventually, you'll find a font or font-size declaration which is not crossed out. :)

sarhad12, please learn to use the code tags?

the nice thing about firebug is that you can "pre-test" any changes by applying them in firebug. It will show you what the changes will look like on the screen, but will be gone when you refresh the page.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sarhad12

ye this does raise it but the subject not the body text area

sarhad12

this changes the font but only on subject area not body text and above this i did also and it makes even the usernames big so i guess its not going to work

Kindred

you need to find the appropriate CSS. The one that ApplianceJunk pointed out does indeed control the entire "post area" there are other, sub set divs which control the content section.

I don't have FF on my office computer, so I can't spoon feed you...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sarhad12

spoonfeed lol nice words well thanks for helping but if u feel your spoon feeding me then thanks but dont bother helping a newbie doesnt mean spoonfeeding.

Kindred

sarhad12,

I can walk you through it (which I have been doing)
However, since I don't (and can't) have FF at work, I can not look at the code myself and TELL you what to change...   and that would be spoonfeeding.   I can, and have, told you how to find what you need though...
Слaва
Украинi

ApplianceJunk

Try this, around line 2086

Find.

.inner
{
padding: 1em 1em 2px 0;
margin: 0 1em 0 0;
border-top: 1px solid #99a;
}

Change to.

.inner
{
font-size: 12pt;
}

Kindred

you can use pt, px or em to sepcify size...
Слaва
Украинi

sarhad12

ok fair enough thanks shall i paste the whole code into a this site and u can see there was this site were u can apste code and share link im looking for it,once i find that site i will paste there and give u the link thanks for helping.

sarhad12

Quote from: ApplianceJunk on February 07, 2013, 03:51:10 PM
Try this, around line 2086

Find.

.inner
{
}

Change to.

.inner
{
font-size: 12pt;
}

wowwwwwww thanks it worked yes 12 looked very big i kept 11 looks great now thanksss A lot Appliance and everyone else

sarhad12

Thanks all for helping and Appliances finally did the trick thanks a lot

ApplianceJunk

Glad I could help.

I learned a few new things too, thanks Kindred!

DAVID. D.A

please, i'm not derailing here, but why didn't anyone help with my own theme fix here?

You can reply there and move on with this topic.

OP, please sorry for bumping in

sarhad12

just one last  question, what font is been used on smf support? text area this seems the best size any idea?

Arantor

It's the same font as the default SMF theme ;) which is Verdana, declared as '78% size'.

The full definition in the body is:
font: 78%/130% "Verdana", "Arial", "Helvetica", sans-serif;

sarhad12

i just noticed mine looked so bad because it was 8 i think i raised it to 12 didnt look that good then 11 also not that good then when i chose 10 loved it. 10 seems the font I want perfect thanks again for all the help this means a lot to me.

Kindred

dda... probably because your request was very different, not a simple matter of adjsting CSS.
Слaва
Украинi

DAVID. D.A

wouldn't it be to create something like a table code in the display.template, then add the specific  codes for profile view, posts, topic heading,  in the table part/region you wish??? :-\
Didn't think it was something complex
   more like changing the posts view/replies to how threaded the default theme is

Advertisement: