News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

help upgrade problem

Started by TRUSTDEE, February 05, 2013, 12:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRUSTDEE

Ok... i said i can't access my packages..... i get empty links  whenever i try to access it.... I mean my mods i can't see it.....

Kindred

Quote from: TRUSTDEE on February 07, 2013, 06:14:27 AM
Every thing came back to normal yesterday.... but this morning  the package link stop working... that is i can't access my package list again.....i only get empty page..........What do i do?

things like this don't just "happen". They are caused...    So - what did you do prior to things coming back? And what did you do after that, just before things disappeared again?

At this point, I can only assume that your board is in a really bad state.
1- overwrite all forum files with clean copies of SMF 2.0.4 files - this includes your custom theme(s)... copy FRESH versions of those files as well.
2- truncate the smf_installed_packages table
3- make sure that file and directory permissions and ownerships are correct on your server.

4- confirm that everything is working, with a base installation, on the default theme.
5- confirm that everything is working, with a base installation, on the custom theme(s).
6- start installing mods. Retest after each one then backup befpore installing the next one.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TRUSTDEE

can it be possible that my host denied me access to the package manager..........

Kindred

a blank white page usually indicates some sort of major PHP error, not a denied access.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TRUSTDEE

Ok do you think repair_setting.php can solve my problem.... because i just upgraded yesterday... i don't won't to go back to it again....

Kindred

no. your problem is not fixable by repair_settings.

Follow the 6 steps that I posted
Слaва
Украинi

TRUSTDEE

Quote2- truncate the smf_installed_packages table
do you mean remove the smf_installed_packages table

Kindred

no, I mean TRUNCATE

this will remove the records of the mods which are installed (or not installed) and will enamble you to get a clean installation of mods going forward. (it will not affect mod DATA which may be stored in the table - that information will still be preserved for when you eventually reinstall the mod)
Слaва
Украинi

TRUSTDEE

I have done what you said....... but i have i more problem.... that is an error Maintenance Mode
Okay faithful users...we're attempting to restore an older backup of the database...news will be posted once we're back!

http://allforums.tk/ i can't login again....what do i do ?

Kindred

go to settings.php and change the maintenance mode to "0" instead of "2"
Слaва
Украинi

TRUSTDEE

Ok everything done.......thank you.......too many problems there and here........at last it is done.......

Advertisement: