News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Trouble upgrading from 2.0.2

Started by Xagar, February 09, 2013, 12:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xagar

I have a question about upgrading from 2.0.2 to 2.0.4 as well.
Quote from: Colin on February 07, 2013, 02:59:18 AM
Yep, just pickup the two package manager upgrades going from 2.0.2 -> 2.0.3  & 2.0.3 -> 2.0.4. Install them in numerical order. You shouldn't have any issues with your templates. As always backup. Let us know if you run into any trouble.

In the package manager, however, there is only a bug fix for 2.0.2, no upgrade to 2.0.3

And when I click on that link, I get a 500 error.

Any advice?  :o

Mashby replied on another thread:

QuoteYes, go here and download the individuals patches and upload/apply them as mods.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/

Now I just downloaded the file for 202 -> 203, what do I do with this file, FTP it? To which folder? Is there a page with instructions for that?

And do I need to make these edits?
http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/index.php?action=upgrade;file=smf_patch_2.0.3.tar.gz;smf_version=2.0.2
Or is that automatic if I use the file I just downloaded?

Thanks,
Xagar

Matthew K.

No, you can download the patches and install them as a modification via Package Manager like mashby was suggesting.

mashby

1. Download package.
2. Upload package.
3. Apply package.
4. Rinse and repeat until you are up to 2.0.4.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Matthew K.

Quote from: mashby on February 09, 2013, 12:25:59 PM
1. Download package.
2. Upload package.
3. Apply package.
He wasn't sure "where" to upload the package though, whether via FTP or to Package Manager which was the clarification he needed - Package Manager.

Xagar

Thanks guys it seems like that worked perfectly.
Much obliged!

The Back Fence

Quote from: mashby on February 09, 2013, 12:25:59 PM
1. Download package.
2. Upload package.
3. Apply package.

You know, I have trying to figure this out for two weeks, and just happened to stumble on this thread.  Got mine updated from 2.0.2 to 2.0.4 in a snap!

Thank you for your simple guide!

Gaza07

Also completed the upgrade from v2.02 to v2.04 all went rather easy and all seems to work as it should, I take it that the template files dont need upgrading and would probably be quite complex ?

Advertisement: