News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How do i turn this off?

Started by Debido, February 10, 2013, 01:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debido

on my forum, right above the top catagory bar it says "members #, Posts #, Topics #"

what do i have to check or uncheck to get rid of that?

kat

Got a link?

I don't see that and I've just checked four other sites, too.

Is it a custom theme?

Do you, perhaps, want to go to Admin>Features and options>General and uncheck "Track daily statistics"?

Debido

track daily statistics is not checked nor has been. I am attaching a screen shot for you to see what im talking about.

Debido

kat

I'm not seeing that. Not here, not on my forum, not on any SMF forum that I use.

If, as asked, you can give us a link, we can look at it and attempt to inspect it.

On your forum, does that appear, for guests?

Debido

sure can provide a link, its a new forum under development so would rather send the link direct to you rather than post it here. Yes its there for guests, members and admin

kat

OK, go for that. :)

I'm just off to bed, though. So, it'll be first thing in the morning. (GMT)

Debido

will do but until that time anyone else have any ideas?

ApplianceJunk

What mods do you have installed?

Debido

1. ad mod
2. top menu mod

thats it, it was there before any mods were install;ed though

mashby

Interesting. I've never seen that before in my time here. What is the top menu mod? Are you certain that's the default theme?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Debido

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2564 (Top menu mod)

yes its the smf default theme

so what file could i upload so anyone that knows could look at and see what this is?

mashby

Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
- James M. Barrie

Debido

Debido

here you go, im flattered  >:( that 2 smart smf people have never seen this before on all the forums i know they have seen, lol wonder why its on mine?

ApplianceJunk

Comparing it to a fresh BoardIndex.template.php from SMF 2.0.4 the only difference I see is the code that was added from the ad mod.
Maybe Mashby can see something different.

I would be interested in a link to your site if you want to PM me one.

Arantor

I was going to nudge someone else about this but in a fit of madness I thought I'd reply myself.

You turned that on when you unselected 'Show statistics on board index' in Admin > Configuration > Current Theme.

There is no way without a code change to hide the information centre's information complete.y

Debido

one other mod i installed i forgot, "remove help button"

BUT what im talking about showed up from the initial install of smf before any mods were installed

Arantor

-sigh-

It is not mod related. It is a setting you changed in the admin panel

Debido

Quote from: Arantor on February 11, 2013, 12:01:56 AM
I was going to nudge someone else about this but in a fit of madness I thought I'd reply myself.

You turned that on when you unselected 'Show statistics on board index' in Admin > Configuration > Current Theme.

There is no way without a code change to hide the information centre's information complete.y

to my knowledge "sh0ow stats" was never ticked

mashby

It's not in the information center though, Arantor. It's above the board index.
// Show some statistics if stat info is off.
if (!$settings['show_stats_index'])
echo '
<div id="index_common_stats">
', $txt['members'], ': ', $context['common_stats']['total_members'], ' &nbsp;•&nbsp; ', $txt['posts_made'], ': ', $context['common_stats']['total_posts'], ' &nbsp;•&nbsp; ', $txt['topics'], ': ', $context['common_stats']['total_topics'], '
', ($settings['show_latest_member'] ? ' ' . $txt['welcome_member'] . ' <strong>' . $context['common_stats']['latest_member']['link'] . '</strong>' . $txt['newest_member'] : '') , '
</div>';
Well, look at that. As Arantor notes...
Show statistics on board index:
Unchecked will produce the screen shot.
- James M. Barrie

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: Arantor on February 11, 2013, 12:01:56 AM

Sure enough, tried it on my test site and that is exactly how it works.

Arantor

<insert profanity out of frustration, I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have reactivated my account, but there we are>

I will say it again then.

The option I mentioned CONTROLS THIS. IT IS THE SAME OPTION. If you look in the source code for Current Theme, for that option, you will find it has the name 'show_stats_index'. You can happily validate the change in the smf_themes table as you change the setting.

That setting hides the info centre and displays that in its place. The comment even makes mention of this.

There is no place to disable the information centre AND those stats in SMF. You can have one or the other, without a modification to the core code.

Debido

mashby

- James M. Barrie

Arantor

Which will turn the info centre back on.

Probably the reason it was unticked in the first place.

Debido

whoa, shore nuff i ticked that and it went away  :) :)

Arantor

Did you want the information centre to appear on the board listing?

Debido

ok so i dont want stats to even show, so how i get rid of that info center all together >:(

Arantor

This is why I said what I was saying... there's NO WAY to turn it completely off without a code change.

Two choices... one, install the mod to hide the info centre, or two, turn the option on and remove the code mashby posted (which will have to be done once per theme you're using)

Debido

ok so the mod would prob be better way since i may want to turn the info center back on once i have enough members to look like a viable forum. Correct?

Arantor

If you're going to reenable it later on, then yes, use the mod and uninstall it later.

Debido

ok THANK YOU and the others for the help  :-*

Arantor

Debido

kat

I can't help but admire your persistence, sometimes, Arantor. :)

Advertisement: