How do i turn this off?

Started by Debido, February 10, 2013, 01:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mashby

It's not in the information center though, Arantor. It's above the board index.
// Show some statistics if stat info is off.
if (!$settings['show_stats_index'])
echo '
<div id="index_common_stats">
', $txt['members'], ': ', $context['common_stats']['total_members'], ' &nbsp;•&nbsp; ', $txt['posts_made'], ': ', $context['common_stats']['total_posts'], ' &nbsp;•&nbsp; ', $txt['topics'], ': ', $context['common_stats']['total_topics'], '
', ($settings['show_latest_member'] ? ' ' . $txt['welcome_member'] . ' <strong>' . $context['common_stats']['latest_member']['link'] . '</strong>' . $txt['newest_member'] : '') , '
</div>';
Well, look at that. As Arantor notes...
Show statistics on board index:
Unchecked will produce the screen shot.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: Arantor on February 11, 2013, 12:01:56 AM
I was going to nudge someone else about this but in a fit of madness I thought I'd reply myself.

You turned that on when you unselected 'Show statistics on board index' in Admin > Configuration > Current Theme.

There is no way without a code change to hide the information centre's information complete.y

Sure enough, tried it on my test site and that is exactly how it works.

Arantor

<insert profanity out of frustration, I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have reactivated my account, but there we are>

I will say it again then.

The option I mentioned CONTROLS THIS. IT IS THE SAME OPTION. If you look in the source code for Current Theme, for that option, you will find it has the name 'show_stats_index'. You can happily validate the change in the smf_themes table as you change the setting.

That setting hides the info centre and displays that in its place. The comment even makes mention of this.

There is no place to disable the information centre AND those stats in SMF. You can have one or the other, without a modification to the core code.

Debido

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Arantor

Which will turn the info centre back on.

Probably the reason it was unticked in the first place.

Debido

whoa, shore nuff i ticked that and it went away  :) :)

Arantor

Did you want the information centre to appear on the board listing?

Debido

ok so i dont want stats to even show, so how i get rid of that info center all together >:(

Arantor

This is why I said what I was saying... there's NO WAY to turn it completely off without a code change.

Two choices... one, install the mod to hide the info centre, or two, turn the option on and remove the code mashby posted (which will have to be done once per theme you're using)

Debido

ok so the mod would prob be better way since i may want to turn the info center back on once i have enough members to look like a viable forum. Correct?

Arantor

If you're going to reenable it later on, then yes, use the mod and uninstall it later.

Debido

ok THANK YOU and the others for the help  :-*

Arantor

Debido

kat

I can't help but admire your persistence, sometimes, Arantor. :)

Advertisement: