[g330] SMF, php 5.4, htmlspecialchars and non utf-8 languages.

Started by digger, February 10, 2013, 03:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say or ask here...$smcFunc['htmlspecialchars'] *is* used throughout SMF.

^HeRaCLeS^

Not fully used in all code for smf.

If you search you will find many times the function htmlspecialchars.
^HeRaCLeS^
*¤×• Ni te molestes en enviarme un Mp porque el soporte lo doy solo por el foro •×¤*

SMFPersonal

Matthew K.

I don't think you need to tell me that because I can assure you that I am aware of their existence. How is that an excuse not to use $smcFunc['htmlspecialchars']();? Even if it's not used everywhere, it was designed to do its job correctly, and just because there are instances that don't follow suit (when most of them should) doesn't mean you should not utilize the proper method.

Furthermore, if you want to help out, it'd be fantastic if you'd like to submit a Pull Request to GitHub: SimpleMachines -> SMF 2.1 that fixes the remaining instances of htmlspecialchars(); that should be converted.

^HeRaCLeS^

Wow wow!
My intention was not to offend or attack. It was a simple question, just to understand why it was not used everywhere.

Sorry if you felt offended or attacked.
^HeRaCLeS^
*¤×• Ni te molestes en enviarme un Mp porque el soporte lo doy solo por el foro •×¤*

SMFPersonal

Matthew K.

Sorry if my post came across that way, I was just trying to point out that I was aware that some instances in SMF did not follow suit that should.

I went ahead and tracked this on the SMF 2.1 GitHub Repo. Issue: #330 - Convert instances of htmlspecialchars.

Arantor

Advertisement: