[Theme] Saf Themes for 1.0.X

Started by forsakenlad, September 16, 2005, 02:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caatje

love this theme. I'v only just installes this board so it's all a but new to me. But I noticed that all the totals are gone when i have this skin running. Like total posts, total members or latest members. The stats of that are not showing on the forum. Is it something i did wrong? (i have no clue what that would be) or can i set that in the admin panel?

Thanks for you help!

forsakenlad

Which version of SMF are you using? Note that this theme is only compatible with 1.1 Beta3 ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

caatje

oh crap, i've got 1.0.5. You don't by any chance have this for that version right? Love this layout.  :'(

forsakenlad

I've thought about making it 1.05 compatible actually, might put a patch zip to make the themes compatible...

bloc

I like this theme. :) Very nice color balance and layout, love the simplicity of the userinfo/stats section.

A color chooser was mentioned, like the one i use in Helios? You are more than welcome to use that code if you want. :) I have had problems with using buttons/images though(browser problems), so a dropdown list would actually work better I think.

Anyway, great theme!

forsakenlad

Thanks for the good comments Bloc, I really apperciate them :) I am sorry that it causes problems. The thing is that I was only thinking of using the backend in your themes, so that only the administrator can set the color.

bloc

ah, then it will work fine really. :) Simplicity has that option ..and works better for a color chooser too in fact.

Sys_ZERO

Hello,

How would I go about adding news on the top right-hand corner (like the SMF default theme).

Thanks!
Mini

forsakenlad

Thanks Bloc, I will have a look at it. Sys_ZERO do you want to replace the stats, or just add under them?

Sys_ZERO

Quote from: forsakenlad on September 17, 2005, 08:32:10 PM
Thanks Bloc, I will have a look at it. Sys_ZERO do you want to replace the stats, or just add under them?
Neither, I want to have the NEWS in the top corner like in the SMF default theme.

Sys_ZERO

caatje

well, i installed the beta version now so i can use this theme, lol. Now the only question that i have so far is how i can get rid of the title in the top. I would like to put my own banner up there, but the title is in the way. Any idea how i can get rid of that?

Thanks!

forsakenlad

In your index.template.php file find this line:

<td class="header">
                   ', $context['forum_name'], '
</td>

And replace it like this:

<td class="header">
                   &nbsp;
</td>

To change the image just replace the top_bg.gif located under the images folder ;)

caatje

ah, thanks a million! That helps a lot. I have the tendency to kill a forum if i try things out myself. hehe.

And one more question *blushes* sorry. I would like the header bigger. Now it's got a height of 90 pixels. I already tried uploading a bigger pic to see if it changes automatically, but of course these things are never simple and that didnt work. So where do I change it so I can have a header with a height of say 150 pixels?

Thanks again!!

forsakenlad

Open up your style.css and search for this:

/* The header part of the forum. */

.header
{
        background-image: url(images/top_bg.gif);
        padding: 0px 8px 0px 8px;
        width: 760px;
        height: 90px;
        text-align: left;
        font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
        font-size: 24px;
        color: white;
        font-weight: 550;
}

And set the height to whatever you want it to be...

I hope this helps ;)

caatje

forsakenlad

No problem, glad that it worked for you ;)

forsakenlad

Quote from: Sys_ZERO on September 18, 2005, 03:28:07 AM
Neither, I want to have the NEWS in the top corner like in the SMF default theme.

Sys_ZERO

Actually here we have the stats on the top corner, either we will have to replace the stats or add the news above or below the stats ;)

Sys_ZERO

Quote from: forsakenlad on September 18, 2005, 03:17:43 PM
Quote from: Sys_ZERO on September 18, 2005, 03:28:07 AM

Sys_ZERO

Actually here we have the stats on the top corner, either we will have to replace the stats or add the news above or below the stats ;)
I mean like this, obviously I can't make it the same, But I know I can make it so that the stats and the news are displayed.

Sys_ZERO

xd3vilx

This Theme Is Good...
Good Job...I am going to install theme in my forum...

Deaks

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on September 17, 2005, 04:42:12 PM
I'll have a silver version ready by the end of today.

Dan do I need to comment on fact its a new day :P
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: