News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

404 - Attachment Not Found

Started by FragaCampos, February 12, 2013, 01:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

This sure is weird, innit?

If it was Filezilla's "Transfer type" feature, I could understand it. But, we've been through that, haven't we?

One thing I remember, from AGES back, is that Total Commander went through a phase of subtly renaming things, when I uploaded them, by changing the case of the filename. I managed to figure-out why. But, it's so long ago that I can't remember what I did, to correct that.

It's not that, is it?

ziycon

I haven't used an ftp application at all, these are files that were attached through SMF and left in the attachments directory.

kat

Ah, right. So, just doing the upgrade toasted them?

Now that IS weird.

Any connection with the attachment filetypes?

Were they all jpg, or something else, perhaps?

ziycon

All different file types, no similarities across them all.

kat

I'm out of ideas. :(

I'll flag it in the "Helpers" board. :)

emanuele

There is or have been a bug somewhere at some point during the updates/upgrades, don't know.

It's not the first time that I see the attachments hashes messed up, last time I tried to fix with a script that was supposed to re-hash the files, but I think I had problems and due to my lag spiros completed the re-upload before I was able to provide a working script.

Try the attached file, it *may* work, no warranties.
Try it locally of course first and take a full backup because it changes both the database and the attachments directory.

In order to use it you have to download one of the SMF converters (for example this), extract it and upload the file convert.php along with the file attached here to your forum directory.
Then from your browser go to http://localhost/forum/convert.php or the appropriate host and directory. Let the converter run. See if it fixed anything.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

kat

Advertisement: