News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Honest opinions needed

Started by DAVID. D.A, February 13, 2013, 01:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAVID. D.A

Please check my site out and do tell on anything that turns you off.
Site: Threadn Discussion Forum
Thank you.

Arantor

Aside from the board index that just looks cluttered (I am reminded uncomfortably of Nairaland), going into the boards just gives me a blank white space with the forum header and footer. Or at least it does the first time due to the use of the queryless URLs (which really don't help anything)

Not a single board worked for me, bad experience for first time visitors.

Topics work, not a huge fan of guest posting (very likely to cause spam, though the custom question will stave it off for now) and given that the quick reply box takes up more space on the screen than the first post I saw... doesn't inspire me.

It's also going to be very to motivate anyone to post because there's no defined purpose to the site, a generic general forum is never going to be that popular... though 200 posts in a couple of weeks is not a bad start.

DAVID. D.A

QuoteAside from the board index that just looks cluttered (I am reminded uncomfortably of Nairaland), going into the boards just gives me a blank white space with the forum header and footer. Or at least it does the first time due to the use of the queryless URLs (which really don't help anything)
I'll remove the Index then and work on it later.
Never realized the blank page error. querryless URLs, is the effect of the search engine friendly links activated in admin right?. I'll disable that, since seo is a myth in itself  :D

QuoteNot a single board worked for me, bad experience for first time visitors.
I dont get. you couldn't view them? or non was of interest to you?

QuoteTopics work, not a huge fan of guest posting (very likely to cause spam, though the custom question will stave it off for now) and given that the quick reply box takes up more space on the screen than the first post I saw... doesn't inspire me.
Guest reply is just till i can get some active members(non atm). Any way to reduce the quick reply box?

QuoteIt's also going to be very to motivate anyone to post because there's no defined purpose to the site, a generic general forum is never going to be that popular... though 200 posts in a couple of weeks is not a bad start.
The general is something i really want, will have to ignore that. Then, well the 200 posts is just to make it look active no real members actually :(
thought it was 100 posts even

Arantor

QuoteI dont get. you couldn't view them? or non was of interest to you?

The first time I tried to go, I couldn't see anything, because the URL got mangled with the PHPSESSID.

QuoteNever realized the blank page error. querryless URLs, is the effect of the search engine friendly links activated in admin right?

It's not a blank page. I was very, very specific about this. I see the forum header, the forum footer and just white stuff in the middle - not a completely blank page (that would be a much more serious issue)

QuoteGuest reply is just till i can get some active members(non atm). Any way to reduce the quick reply box?

Turn off CAPTCHA, really. You have a question (though it's not ideal) and that will do better than the CAPTCHA would.

QuoteThe general is something i really want, will have to ignore that

Best of luck to you, you're going to need it.

Colin

Just a minor thing

The home button seems a bit off to the right.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

DAVID. D.A

Thanx for the luck ;D

Check the current index and review that again please.

QuoteThe first time I tried to go, I couldn't see anything, because the URL got mangled with the PHPSESSID.
QuoteIt's not a blank page. I was very, very specific about this. I see the forum header, the forum footer and just white stuff in the middle - not a completely blank page (that would be a much more serious issue)
anyway to prevent these? what could be the problem?

I'll turn off captcha.

Tnx for your time  :)

DAVID. D.A

Quote from: Colin on February 13, 2013, 03:11:08 PM
Just a minor thing

The home button seems a bit off to the right.

Will look into that.
Thank you.

kat

Just a minor "WTF?".

The "Rules" button, top-left, seems to be trying to escape off the left of the page.

Other than that, it looks clean and compact without irritations, which is something quite unusual, nowadays.

I'm not into gimmicks, with that kinda thing. But, then, I'm an old crumbly. ;)

DAVID. D.A

Quote from: K@ on February 13, 2013, 03:34:28 PM
Just a minor "WTF?".

The "Rules" button, top-left, seems to be trying to escape off the left of the page.

Other than that, it looks clean and compact without irritations, which is something quite unusual, nowadays.

I'm not into gimmicks, with that kinda thing. But, then, I'm an old crumbly. ;)

I'll go to the theme page for fixes on the tabs. Tnx for that.

Do you prefer the child board grouping mode or i  should expand the forum I.E sections will be categories and boards will be mains boards, not children?

kat

Personally, I prefer it as you have it. But, the way people are, now, having something "In your face" might help them notice things a bit more.

DAVID. D.A

I feel the same way too, but anything that wont drive off members. If i expand/show all boards, it might look too big and bulky  :-\ but again anything that wont drive of members :D

kat

DAVID. D.A

Added some portal blocks. please which is better, with or without the blocks?  :-\

kat

Dunno.

QuoteMaintenance Mode

However, what WE think is largely immaterial.

Do your members like it? That's what matters. ;)

DAVID. D.A

Quote from: K@ on February 14, 2013, 05:49:40 AM

QuoteMaintenance Mode

off!

Quote from: K@ on February 14, 2013, 05:49:40 AM

However, what WE think is largely immaterial.

Do your members like it? That's what matters. ;)

True but when i have no members i wouldn't want something to turn back potential members

kat

Looks fine, to me.

But, some people find them to be cluttered and hate them. Some absolutely love 'em!

That really is a personal preference thing.

If you fiddle-around with the portal, you can get it to do some things that might be eye-catching, for the people you're trying to attract, though.

As we say, here, "Suck it and see!". :)

Oh... you WILL have my sig burned into your soul, won't you?

It's THE single most important thing to remember, when you're doing ANYTHING "Website". :)

Click it, for a "How?", if you need that.

DAVID. D.A

Thanx!
And yeah, before any mod install or file edits i back up every single thing. some weeks every night  :D

kat

With the software, back it up (Twice!), when you've finished with it. No need to back that up, again, until you change anything.

But, the database is where all the members/posts and stuff is stored. That, you can backup as often as you think's good. If you get to the stage where you get a lot of posts, you can even do that daily. It's quicker to backup than the software. Plus, of course, the software can be rebuilt. The database, generally, can't.

DAVID. D.A

Don't really know what you mean by software, guessing smf itself; don't know how to do that. What i do is download the database and whole website folder to my pc :/

kat

That'll cover it. :)

I tend to do the CPanel>Files>Backups thing, coz you can backup and restore everything, from there.

The "Home directory" backs-up your entire site's software (SMF and stuff), whilst the database backs-up the... er...database. :)

Don't rely on the backup thing in the SMF admin section.

It's crapTM.

DAVID. D.A

Yeah that's exactly what i do, but cause of crappy network i download only database from cPanel then public_html folder via ftp

Check my portal homepage please.

Liam.

Noting this is all from a guest point of view, I don't know if it's different when you log in. I notice the theme isn't your own, but most of these comments will probably be regarding it. You should really look into customising and fixing it if you want members to have a nice experience.

• The "rules" at the top left needs padding to the left.
  • The fade effect when hovering on the top menu is too slow for this context.
  • Hovering over a link on the top menu also changes the colours of the divider.
  • You have two menus, while most of your design at the top-right is just whitespace. It could be condensed a lot, and still be clean.
  • The search seems a bit "slapped on" and out of place.
  • You need to get rid of the green border when clicking on the search form in Chrome.
  • There is no consistency. The top menu is 100% width, the second menu is much more indented, and the main content is different too.
  • You have a four column layout, even though two of the columns (far-left and far-right) only have one box in each.
  • The titlebg text is getting close to the background colour. It's distinguishable sure, but people with any sort of visual impairment may find issues with it.
  • An entire row just for "advanced search" text.
  • You have a different colour for your content_section as the background, it looks odd and like you're spamming several different colours.
  • There are so many copyright links in the footer. Most of these could be condensed down to a line or two, to save space.
  • The logo font seems odd, with random serifs and strokes coming off of the text in places that make no sense. I'd really recommend trying a different font, it looks like it's broken.
  • Bold text is reserved for highlighting important pieces of information amongst other information. Your ENTIRE rules page is bold, which completely beats the point of it.
  • The design tries to mimic a 100% width fluid design, but poorly does this and the wrappers and content seems out of place, leaves whitespace where it shouldn't be, and makes it condensed in others.
  • Gradients in some places, flat colours in others, shadows in other places, it's an inconsistent mess.
  • The word "community" doesn't fit on the menu of this website when it's actually a web forum and the entire website is based on community.
  • Too many boards. You try to remedy this by hiding them within 3 parent boards, but the effect is the same. Really push to fill ALL of the boards with several topics of content (10 topics per board usually is a good start), or remove some temporarily.
  • Maybe try using categories>boards instead of boards>child-boards. It'll make everything more easily accessible to the user, and look nicer.

DAVID. D.A

Liam, thank you soo much for your time to notice all this, i definitely will look into it. Probably change theme, or whole niche, think i'm onto a good one i'll really enjoy. kindred's points on niche is starting to make sense to me.

Irisado

Unlike all the others who've posted here, I'm not a technical guru, I only use SMF as a regular user and moderator, so I'll confine my remarks to the content, and overall appearance.

The theme is okay, in that it's not off putting, and sticks fairly closely to a standard SMF template.  A lot of new fora seem to go with wacky themes, which certainly put me off, so you haven't made a mistake there.

Looking at the board index, the problem is that it just doesn't say anything to me, and it's the same with the recent posts.  I just think that I could be overhearing people talking in a supermarket queue, or I could be discussing the days news with friends in real life, or via e-mail (I'm old by modern standards, so I don't use Twitter or Facebook).  Why would I want to go onto a forum to talk about such mundane every day things?

General discussion is very bland, and uninspiring.  General discussion in what respect?  Just talking about everything isn't enticing.  Most boards have some sort of general or off topic board, but that's a side board for the rest of the forum, but because your forum doesn't have a niche, it just doesn't serve any purpose in my opinion.

The Geek board turns me off, because it labels people.  I don't find labels helpful.  They're applied in real life, often incorrectly, and can dissuade people from getting involved.

Finally, the Entertainment board is just all over the place.  It has no focus, and doesn't persuade me to get involved at all.

All of the discussion could easily be compressed into one board called off topic, and that's the problem.  You need one subject to build your forum around, and then you add the off topic board separately within it.  It could be about a sport, soaps, film, computer games, roleplaying, art, politics (although you'd probably end up needing lots of moderators for that, and strict rules on flaming and trolling), whatever it is you are most interested in.  It needs to be something though, because at the moment, it just looks like an off topic board, and that's not going to persuade many people to join, or stay.

Finally, watch out for spelling mistakes (note the missed 't' in complaints in the description of your fourth board), and also I think that you need to define what you mean by spam in the forum rules, as that can be interpreted differently by different users.

I hope that at least some of this is helpful to you.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

DAVID. D.A

Thanks a bunch, I'll take note of all these. I'm thinking deep on a niche right now. all that comes to mind is one of the really competitive niches.

DAVID. D.A

Hi everyone, back, followed a niche i support even offline, mad sure i have the right theme, and i think i'm happy with my progress. Please help take a look again.

Same homepage link redirects to the subdomain containing the new forum, will make a homepage later on.

Thank you.

Liam.

Time for another list! This being from a guest's point of view, and about the design to start with.

• The design should have some whitespace at the left and right, it doesn't look right being cramped against the edges like that.
  • The breadcrumbs bar takes up a big space, even though most of the time they're very empty. Even going to a board, sub-board, and topic, they only take up 1/3 of my screen width, leaving the rest blank.
  • The breadcrumbs are there again at the bottom, with the same issue. There's also a right-aligned "jump to" dropdown menu below it, they could be merged into one line.
  • I get a weird issue in the header when browsing to a topic page.
  • The social media buttons just above the first post really don't fit in, they look so out of place right now.
  • The very top bar is unneeded. Displaying date and time is an outdated trend that really serves no purpose to users now. It also says "Welcome Guest, please register or login" - sure you need to tell people to sign up, but there are already registration and login buttons in the menu, where the user would probably have expected it, and taking up an entire row for only that bit of information makes it seems a bit untidy and redundant.

Sorry for picking on the design of the site first, but it's the first thing users see and really needs to be remedied - so many people overlook details in their web design and it can ruin it in the end and push users away. I've got some more comments about the site itself and how you'll run it, now.

• It was a good idea bringing over the topics from your old forum into the "Lounge" board. It gives you some content to start off with, which is always nice.
  • When starting a new forum, you shouldn't post all of your topic ideas in the first few days, you'll get burned out easily like this. You should post a few every day, and spread it over different boards. This way, in a week or two you'll have lots of topics in different boards, that'll make the site look more active.
  • It's an Android forum, but two thirds of your boards aren't related to Android at all. Seems a bit weird to me, you should try and condense your other boards down into less.
  • It might be better to make "Lounge" a category instead of board, then maybe a similar board within the category for General Discussion. It'll make the homepage look like there's more content, and in my opinion, "Introductions" would fit well under "Lounge".
  • This may be a bit of a gimmicky thing, but the site isn't responsive or fully fluid, it only looks good on larger screens, it looks pretty bad on Android devices.
  • Time for the ever so dreaded question. What makes your board so special? It has no unique content, there are already thousands upon thousands of Android forums out there already.

DAVID. D.A

• The design should have some whitespace at the left and right, it doesn't look right being cramped against the edges like that.
Will reduce width to about 90%, 95%
  • The breadcrumbs bar takes up a big space, even though most of the time they're very empty. Even going to a board, sub-board, and topic, they only take up 1/3 of my screen width, leaving the rest blank.
  • The breadcrumbs are there again at the bottom, with the same issue. There's also a right-aligned "jump to" dropdown menu below it, they could be merged into one line.
What's the bread crumb bar?
  • I get a weird issue in the header when browsing to a topic page.
Noticed that also, it's a css3 the so maybe it's browser related, will look into it.
  • The social media buttons just above the first post really don't fit in, they look so out of place right now.
Any advice on a suitable position?
  • The very top bar is unneeded. Displaying date and time is an outdated trend that really serves no purpose to users now. It also says "Welcome Guest, please register or login" - sure you need to tell people to sign up, but there are already registration and login buttons in the menu, where the user would probably have expected it, and taking up an entire row for only that bit of information makes it seems a bit untidy and redundant.
Couldn't find the settings to remove it, will also look into editing that
[/list]

QuoteSorry for picking on the design of the site first, but it's the first thing users see and really needs to be remedied - so many people overlook details in their web design and it can ruin it in the end and push users away. I've got some more comments about the site itself and how you'll run it, now.
It's all good, Thanx  :)

• It was a good idea bringing over the topics from your old forum into the "Lounge" board. It gives you some content to start off with, which is always nice.
  • When starting a new forum, you shouldn't post all of your topic ideas in the first few days, you'll get burned out easily like this. You should post a few every day, and spread it over different boards. This way, in a week or two you'll have lots of topics in different boards, that'll make the site look more active.
Actually haven't made any posts, those topics just related to the niche and fitted in a category, but noted for future posts.
  • It's an Android forum, but two thirds of your boards aren't related to Android at all. Seems a bit weird to me, you should try and condense your other boards down into less.
The other boards will have maybe one post a week from now, i'll concentrate on the android aspects, by month end or so,  it should double up more than the other boards.
  • It might be better to make "Lounge" a category instead of board, then maybe a similar board within the category for General Discussion. It'll make the homepage look like there's more content, and in my opinion, "Introductions" would fit well under "Lounge".
Thanks, I'll make changes
  • This may be a bit of a gimmicky thing, but the site isn't responsive or fully fluid, it only looks good on larger screens, it looks pretty bad on Android devices.
#Speechless and a bit overwhelmed, cuz this was basically the best theme i could find.
  • Time for the ever so dreaded question. What makes your board so special? It has no unique content, there are already thousands upon thousands of Android forums out there already.
Well, as i build it up, it'll be a destination for app reviews, device troubleshooting, repairs, tips and tricks, and i'm guessing other forums do this, so, well, just another android forum :-\
[/list]

DAVID. D.A

Changes have been made, but still need clearance on what bread crumbs are.
The extra space beside the logo is meant for a banner, but for the mean time, don't really know what to feel it with  :-\
Then i think all that's left is the icons (fb, twitter and google +), suggestions on where to place those please :)

Liam.

I don't notice much of a change in the width, I still think it needs to be reduced by 5-10%.

Breadcrumbs are basically the trail of where you are on the website, usually "Website Name > Category > Board > Topic". In your case, these are the breadcrumbs.

It looked like an image issue to me when I checked through the code, and it was the same in two version of Chrome (latest dev build, and latest consumer build), and the latest FireFox build. Regardless, now that the bar is removed, that issue isn't popping up.

I wouldn't know exactly where to put these buttons, but out of everywhere I looked at, the best places would be one of these (ignore the thin border on the elements, I messed up with PhotoShop). Personally I prefer the upper one. The padding between each one should be reduced, to (as I've done in this image).

Good to see you'll be focussing more on the Android side of things, but don't limit the "Lounge" boards to just one topic per week, I'm sure you can come up with far more than that! Just because it's not the main part of the site doesn't mean it should be disregarded like that.

Very few public SMF themes (I think I've seen two so far) are actually responsive, a lot of people don't seem to want to do that nowadays for some reason. The theme is still fine, but the main problem lies with the min-width element on the wrapper. If that's removed, it'll scale to smaller devices better, but probably mess up in places too where the width can't accomodate everything. You don't have to worry about that now, though.

Get writing app reviews and tips and tricks like crazy, then. That's enough to get your forum popular, but they need to be very good.

DAVID. D.A

I don't notice much of a change in the width, I still think it needs to be reduced by 5-10%.
Done; 90%

QuoteBreadcrumbs are basically the trail of where you are on the website, usually "Website Name > Category > Board > Topic". In your case, these are the breadcrumbs.

It looked like an image issue to me when I checked through the code, and it was the same in two version of Chrome (latest dev build, and latest consumer build), and the latest FireFox build. Regardless, now that the bar is removed, that issue isn't popping up.
Ohh, good thing it's fixed :)

QuoteI wouldn't know exactly where to put these buttons, but out of everywhere I looked at, the best places would be one of these (ignore the thin border on the elements, I messed up with PhotoShop). Personally I prefer the upper one. The padding between each one should be reduced, to (as I've done in this image).
I'll place them beside the reply as ur image and will adjust padding too, thanks

QuoteGood to see you'll be focussing more on the Android side of things, but don't limit the "Lounge" boards to just one topic per week, I'm sure you can come up with far more than that! Just because it's not the main part of the site doesn't mean it should be disregarded like that.
Noted! Thanks!

QuoteVery few public SMF themes (I think I've seen two so far) are actually responsive, a lot of people don't seem to want to do that nowadays for some reason.
mind linking to the two?
QuoteThe theme is still fine, but the main problem lies with the min-width element on the wrapper. If that's removed, it'll scale to smaller devices better, but probably mess up in places too where the width can't accomodate everything. You don't have to worry about that now, though.
Thanks, I'll still remove the min-width whenever i have opportunity to access different handhelds, then will check if any errors/overlappings occur

QuoteGet writing app reviews and tips and tricks like crazy, then. That's enough to get your forum popular, but they need to be very good.
Sure, will do.

Thank you sooo much for your time and help, I'm really grateful.  :) :)

Liam.

The 90% width looks a lot better in my opinion now.

I remember one of the responsive designs was on the Theme Site, but I can't seem to find it now unfortunately. I think the other I saw was a DzinerStudio theme (or a modification for one of them released). Other than that, although not strictly SMF, Wedge has a responsive design.

For testing, you can simply resize your browser, or personally I'm fond of Viewport Resizer Bookmarklet, you could use that too. If it comes to it, I have a few different devices I can test on for you, if you'd like.

Glad I could help out, good luck with your forum!

Arantor

QuoteOther than that, although not strictly SMF, Wedge has a responsive design.

It was SMF, once. ;D The patch to make it into what it is is now bigger than SMF itself. And I wouldn't strictly call it responsive. It's only mildly responsive, depending on your perspective, but that's better than not responsive at all ;)

The problem with having responsive themes on a forum is the sheer amount of information to be communicated - even if you accept the incompatibilities with mods, you still have to contend with the fact that you're trying to display a lot of information, which is where you get into the realms of figuring out what is really important and displaying that. Personally for mobile I wouldn't try to have 'responsive design' because IMO there's just too much information that is normally needed, so I would use smf-media.com's mobile theme for small mobile uses (where only the really critical information is needed) and the main theme for everything else.

DAVID. D.A

Liam, thanks, Just added viewport to my bookmarks, will test it out now.
    Do smf mods work on wedge? From the online list, Arantor i can you you're the owner/admin. Nice :) love the smileys and blocks (are they default to wedge?)

Arantor, smf mobile is one of my to buy mods, for when i have money, but if i can get the forum to be more responsive as it is i'll prefer that, Thanks for the input.

DAVID. D.A

Also, please what codes control the reply buttons, so i can add the social links before it ?

Arantor

Which reply buttons?

Also, most people that say they're going to buy something when they have the money never have the money and usually give up with their forum in a few months at most because it isn't making them pots of cash.

DAVID. D.A

This reply buttons http://i.imgur.com/sl8Iimb.png

I don't mean money from my forum, don't really expect to make anything from mere bucks from it. I meant money from me, i.e when i have permissions/ability to make online transactions (not of age to own a credit card now), now I just don't have the online money and i can only spend money i make online.

DAVID. D.A

With or without min-width the error still occurs on smaller screens :-\

It's removed now still, you can try it on devices and see for yourself

Arantor

Those would be controlled by a very generic template (so you can't just shove them in *there*) called template_button_strip(), which is called from Display.template.php.

Question: if you can buy a domain name and hosting, why not a theme? Though everything I said above stands, there is far more to making a responsive theme, like actually removing a bunch of stuff to show.

DAVID. D.A

Quote from: Arantor on February 16, 2013, 03:13:29 PM
QuoteThose would be controlled by a very generic template (so you can't just shove them in *there*) called template_button_strip(), which is called from Display.template.php.
So i can add the codes before template_button_strip(), ?

QuoteQuestion: if you can buy a domain name and hosting, why not a theme?
Freelance cash bought it, as i said when i get working again and make some more, i'll buy a theme, or smf mobile, except there's a theme for $10? then i can get now.

Liam.

Quote from: Arantor on February 16, 2013, 02:46:48 PM
It was SMF, once. ;D The patch to make it into what it is is now bigger than SMF itself. And I wouldn't strictly call it responsive. It's only mildly responsive, depending on your perspective, but that's better than not responsive at all ;)

The problem with having responsive themes on a forum is the sheer amount of information to be communicated - even if you accept the incompatibilities with mods, you still have to contend with the fact that you're trying to display a lot of information, which is where you get into the realms of figuring out what is really important and displaying that. Personally for mobile I wouldn't try to have 'responsive design' because IMO there's just too much information that is normally needed, so I would use smf-media.com's mobile theme for small mobile uses (where only the really critical information is needed) and the main theme for everything else.

I know it was SMF once, but I also know you've done so much to it that I'm not sure if it was worth mentioning in context ;) It's responsive however you look at it, it definitely adapts and makes itself display information better for smaller resolutions, even if it doesn't do it for every element the best it could. At least you (or Nao) paid attention to that sort of thing.

The other thing is that causes a problem with responsive designs is the fact you never know what will happen. It's user-generated content, they might embed videos from different sources, use different combinations of BBCodes, be viewing from a device that doesn't have full jQuery or CSS3 support, they might simply write extremely big paragraphs that will take up several screens on some resolutions. You can't do much for all of these, like you can with a weblog or another type of site.

One thing you can do is get rid of those "nice-to-have, but not needed by any means" features SMF has. Quote/reply buttons on every post, icons all over the place, user titles displayed, rank images, previous/next buttons, and so much more that makes it cluttered. If they're hidden, it'll make a responsive design a hell of a lot easier to work with, even though you'll be sacrificing some features.

If you're going to look into responsive design, David, I'd recommend using this simple template in your CSS file, and you can adapt to all devices using these.

Considering the large number of changes made to Wedge, and it's Package Manager, I doubt SMF mods will be able to directly work there, but if you know PHP it shouldn't be too hard to port them (depending on what mods you want).

The reply button would be in Display.template.php (the template file for topics, is it not?) if I recall correctly. You should be able to find it there.

Edit: Ninja'd by Arantor, again. Seriously, how do you write so fast? :P

David, if you use tools like FireBug or Chrome Developer Tools, you'll be able to see exactly what divs are where, and figure out where to put it in your template from that. I'm not sure how your Display.template.php will look, your theme seems to have a custom one.

Arantor

QuoteConsidering the large number of changes made to Wedge, and it's Package Manager, I doubt SMF mods will be able to directly work there, but if you know PHP it shouldn't be too hard to port them (depending on what mods you want).

Not a single mod will work, seeing how the package manager has been removed and a new plugin manager added.

QuoteEdit: Ninja'd by Arantor, again. Seriously, how do you write so fast?

And I'm writing up a bug report for Wedge right now, too.

QuoteOne thing you can do is get rid of those "nice-to-have, but not needed by any means" features SMF has.

This is the sort of thing that you need to do and this is getting out of scope for a conventional theme and firmly into dedicated-for-smaller-screens theme. Like the paid one I already mentioned.

QuoteSo i can add the codes before template_button_strip(), ?

Yes, though don't necessarily expect it to work. Just shoving in code any old where rarely works. It is raw PHP after all.

QuoteFreelance cash bought it, as i said when i get working again and make some more, i'll buy a theme, or smf mobile, except there's a theme for $10? then i can get now.

It's $20, but the saving of time for you as a developer makes it worth so much more.

Liam.

Ah, I thought you'd just modified the package manager a lot to where it is today. Shows how much I know! And pfft, a bug in Wedge?! Not what I'd expect from you :P

Quote from: Arantor on February 16, 2013, 03:28:38 PM
It's $20, but the saving of time for you as a developer makes it worth so much more.

But the usefulness and experience you get from doing it yourself will definitely be worth it if you plan to do any sort of thing with website development.

DAVID. D.A

well, cant edit the display.template without a parse error :(
Arantor, please any advice?
I've attached the disp.template.
Liam, thanks for the css codes, i've added them.

Irisado

From a content point of view, it's much improved.  You actually now have something to talk about other than just general stuff, so hopefully this should help.

I wish you the best of luck with it :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: