Pay to remove SMF Copyright?

Started by DMR123, February 19, 2013, 05:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanuele

Quote from: DMR123 on February 19, 2013, 05:30:43 AM
Hi,
Is there anything I can do to pay and remove SMF's copyright from my forum without breaking any laws or voiding support?
Workaround: pay someone that gives you support once you have removed the copyright.

Of course it's up to you decide if the paid support is worth the copyright removal.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

DMR123

Quote from: thearmykid on February 21, 2013, 07:52:42 AM
i dont see point in this cause its such an amazing product and its for free why would ya want to get rid of the copyright not many people will scroll down to the bottom just to click it anyways  ???

I hope people do click on it.. Simple Machines is great. Plus, the support is a hell of a lot better than what you receive for vbulletin.

I'm not asking to remove it for any other reason than minimizing footer size.  I'll leave it all as it is.

emanuele

Disclaimer: I'm not saying you should not remove it, neither I'd be terribly upset (well, I'll not be happy, but that's another story).
I know the feeling of the "huge" footer (SP has a quite huge (c) too :P) and from time to time I'd like to remove some bits me too.

At the end of the day, I suppose (that's my personal opinion, not any kind of official position)  the most important part is the (c) itself: SMF © 201x.
...now that I look at it, is not even so correct as it should probably be "SM" and not "SMF" according to the headers of the files. Or not?

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Arantor

Quote...now that I look at it, is not even so correct as it should probably be "SM" and not "SMF" according to the headers of the files. Or not?

Yes it is, SMF (the software) is copyrighted (though this is under dispute) to Simple Machines (the organisation)

Advertisement: