Not enough SEO related packages!

Started by primemagz, February 23, 2013, 04:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primemagz

I am a new user here, and I am trying to know SMF better.
Since now I have understood that almost everything is OK with this script, but it seems like SMF is not having a decent SEO package, and I think it is a must for such a great software.
hxxp:primemagz.com [nonactive]: hxxp:www.primemagz.com [nonactive]

kat

There's a good reason, for that.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=427913.0

It also depends on whether you regard the PrettyURLs and Simple SEO mods as "Decent", or not, I s'pose.

Arantor

Ricky.

Just to add, there are other things which you can do for SEO and are more important than pretty urls.. infact now I keep distance from such mods as on upgrade etc..  you need to either wait for mod supporting new version or fix it  yourself ..

knightofdoom

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
Web Designer Sri Lanka

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Oldiesmann

This is probably the best SEO mod you're going to get for SMF, at least for free: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2659

Fancy URLs really don't do much for SEO. They look nice and some users might be more inclined to click on a link in a search engine if it has keywords related to their search in the URL, but that's about it.

If none of the mods on the customize site do what you want, you'll need to explain more about what you want.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Night09

There are a fair few ways of improving your traffic to your forums but first you need to understand what kind of traffic your trying to pull in and is it the right kind of traffic for your purposes.  Arantors post explains a lot of things but its never a clear cut case and its always per site basis depending on its intended usage.

Nothing here on SMF is any use for what you are looking for in terms of SEO.

Advertisement: