Search by sent private messages

Started by FragaCampos, February 27, 2013, 03:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FragaCampos

I never managed to find a way to search my sent private messages. I can only search in my inbox.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to search in sent messages too?  O:)

Oldiesmann

When would you need to search for something in messages you've sent?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Arantor

To look back and find where you said something. Has happened to me before now.

Antechinus

Me too. To me it makes no sense to be able to search inbox but not outbox.

FragaCampos

Sammil

It would be quite useful for my forum

FragaCampos

As this been discussed any further?

NanoSector

Should be in the core imo. Along with searching in labels.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

kat

I meant for anyone wanting this for the current version. :)

FragaCampos

Welll, I put it in here precisely because I think it should be in the core.  O:)

szinski

Bump.

Having the same issue on my forum. Can't search sent items in my Inbox.

Any news on this?

Kindred

you're not having "the same issue"....  it's not a BUG....
this was a feature request. 

At the moment, it does not look like it is in 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

emanuele

Well... the fact that is "not a bug" is debatable. :P

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

margarett

Actually I see no reason for it is not allowed. I just lost 2 minutes looking at this, but if we change this
$context['folder'] = 'inbox';
To anything other than "inbox" it will search in Sent Items.

I probably overlooked eventual limitations, but...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Justyne

As an admin I would love this to bits. Currently I copy all my sent PMs into a file I keep on my computer just so they are searchable.

I get a lot of requests via PM, whether it be about access to restricted areas, joining user groups, support, or staff applications, etc.

Quite often members resubmit requests when they think I'll have forgotten my initial decision on the matter which is when I start digging. XD

And I am sure lots of people here know answering a support query on PM and then regretting its nowhere you can find the second time that issue crops up.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Arantor

To be honest the entire PM system needs a ground-up rewrite anyway.

Justyne

I quite like it in general.

There are a few things though I would love to be there when it comes to PMs.

Being able to save drafts would be amazing for those lengthy things you don't manage to write in one sitting while quickly checking in for a few.

Having a more elegant way of templating would be useful for me to. I currently have a label "templates" with lots of stuff I PMed myself so I have standard replies to standard questions ready. I think that is very specifically me though rather than general useability.

And labels in general kill me and I can't say why. They are so permissive and let you do all you want, but my oldfashioned brain would be getting on better with subfolders a lot of the time that you could organise things into in a specific order. However, I think that is also just me rather than being useful to everyone. XD
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

NanoSector

I don't think Arantor means front-end, but back end. The front end could use some improvement as well though.

I'm not sure if in the PM system too, but drafts are implemented in 2.1.

I also honestly don't see the huge difference between labels and folders - both achieve near the same job.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

I mean both. The entire methodology is broken.

Advertisement: