How do I add new types of star graphics for certain groups?

Started by Zelix, February 28, 2013, 04:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelix

How i add picture to my theme into the forums ?

I mean: I'm going to add more Stars for Regular groups Names ... HOW?

Explain please.

Chalky

Zelix, has it occurred to you that all your topic titles look the same and are equally useless?  As Kindred has told you before, useless titles are exactly that, but when you keep using the same ones nobody knows if it's a new topic or not ;)

Also, please try to be a bit more patient and wait more than half an hour before bumping a thread.  24 hours is the general rule.

Now, to your question, how about trying to explain what you want in a way that we might understand?  I'm not entirely  sure what you're asking for, but it looks like you want to know how to change the stars assigned to membergroups.  There are many topics on this already, so a quick search might give you your answer much more quickly  :)

Edit:  You waited another two minutes to bump again???  Wow....  :o

kat

Zelix

Guys if you're not going to help me, make sure don't reply your opinions for me.

Arantor

That's the point, these people are highly frustrated because they want to help you but you make *so difficult* for them to do so by never answering their questions or following their advice.

kat

We'd like to help you.

Unfortunately, you make it incredibly difficult to do so.

QuoteHow i add picture to my theme into the forums ?

What? Where?

QuoteI mean: I'm going to add more Stars for Regular groups Names ... HOW?

More stars per member? More stars per membergroup? More stars totally?

What?

xrunner

Quote from: Zelix on February 28, 2013, 04:33:20 PM
How i add picture to my theme into the forums ?

I mean: I'm going to add more Stars for Regular groups Names ... HOW?

Explain please.

Attempted translation:

QuoteHow do I add new types of star graphics for certain groups?

Is that correct?

NanoSector

Upload them to /Themes/(theme name)/images.

You can use my mod, Rank Image Drop Down, to easily select the new images.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Zelix

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on March 01, 2013, 03:15:39 PM
Upload them to /Themes/(theme name)/images.

You can use my mod, Rank Image Drop Down, to easily select the new images.
My question was how to upload them into my forums ?!

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Zelix

Arantor

What do you mean 'more'?

You already added some images - owner/admin are not bundled with SMF. Adding new images is as described above.

One group only has one badge, simple as that. If you want one group to have two badges make a new image with both badges on it and upload that.

Zelix

Quote from: Arantor on March 02, 2013, 11:46:33 AM
What do you mean 'more'?

You already added some images - owner/admin are not bundled with SMF. Adding new images is as described above.

One group only has one badge, simple as that. If you want one group to have two badges make a new image with both badges on it and upload that.
Yes, my question of how i add more " Moderator image " and " Member Image " ???

Arantor

I don't understand what you're trying to do, you haven't really explained what you want!

Chalky

Quote from: Zelix on March 02, 2013, 01:18:11 PM

it's easy, get the image you want put it in the folder and in admin membergroups where you put more image put what more image you want  ;)

xrunner

Quote from: Zelix on March 02, 2013, 11:40:00 AM
Guys i mean how i add more stars to here:

Zelix,

Unless I'm not understanding or seeing what I think I see, it looks like you have several graphic images that have incorporated into them the number of stars for that particular membergroup.

If you edit the membergroup you could add more "stars" there -

Number of star images:

Of course the images don't have to be stars, they can look like anything. But you don't want to add more "stars" if you are using an image that already was designed with the number of stars into it. In that case you can't add more stars, because the result would be, uh, really goofy looking. More stars would mean more of that large graphic stacked side by side.  :-\

Who designed those graphics?

Zelix

Quote from: ChalkCat on March 02, 2013, 01:24:03 PM

it's easy, get the image you want put it in the folder and in admin membergroups where you put more image put what more image you want  ;)
I have the image, and i made a folder for it, and what i do now ? please explain.. for example:

Go admin > Members groups > .... and where i upload it ??? EXPLAIN!

Chalky

Quote from: Zelix on March 03, 2013, 07:08:16 AM
Quote from: ChalkCat on March 02, 2013, 01:24:03 PM

I have the image, and i made a folder for it, and what i do now ? please explain.. for example:

Go admin > Members groups > .... and where i upload it ??? EXPLAIN!

I already explained my answer as well as you explained your question ;)

xrunner

Quote from: Zelix on March 03, 2013, 07:08:16 AM
I have the image, and i made a folder for it, and what i do now ? EXPLAIN!

You had a question, and made a post for it, and what do you do now? FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Advertisement: