Â's in the heading of all my posts and I want to get rid of them.

Started by fishinreeltime.com, March 01, 2013, 12:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

You know, there is a dirty great manual about all this stuff... specifically Themes And Layout

QuoteI also wanted to know if all posts and that type of information transfer over into the new theme (not mods) but posts and stuff.

Yes, they will, because the theme just controls how stuff is displayed, not anything else.

QuoteAlso will i need to back anything up before i do this?

You don't ever *need* to back up, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do so regularly... back up regularly, especially before changes.

fishinreeltime.com

Thanks a lot. I managed to change the theme. but i had a logo on the old theme that I just replaced and I wanted to know if you could tell me how I could get on this new theme. Thanks again for everything.

Arantor

It might be useful if you told me how you put the logo in the old theme...

fishinreeltime.com

oh, Im not sure, someone was doing this stuff for me and they got busy so they are unable to help me. But i dont want to stop building so i just need to figure it out myself. I have no idea how he did it the first time. Will that matter?

Arantor

Well, I can't tell you how to put a logo into your new theme without knowing how it was in the old one... need to know at least where the image is on the server...

fishinreeltime.com

what are my options? how can i find out? Is it possible to remove the The simple machine forums logo in the top right corner of the new theme?

Advertisement: