News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

User banned but still comes back

Started by sarhad12, March 06, 2013, 08:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarhad12

hi i banned this user almost 10 times and banned his ip's everything but he still comes back with same id even i deleted his username can anyone help?

MrPhil

"Deleted" or "banned" the user? Simply deleting them will do nothing to keep them from reregistering under the same ID. You need to ban them. You can then erase all their posts -- I don't know if also deleting the account then will affect the ban. If you're banning and then deleting, perhaps just banning will work.

xrunner

Quote from: sarhad12 on March 06, 2013, 08:44:43 AM
hi i banned this user almost 10 times and banned his ip's everything but he still comes back with same id even i deleted his username can anyone help?

By ID you mean membername right? If you enter the membername as a ban trigger it can't be used again, so I don't think you are doing it correctly.

sarhad12

when i click on ban on same user again it says already banned and also on ban list the same username is banned it shows

xrunner

Quote from: sarhad12 on March 06, 2013, 09:21:21 AM
when i click on ban on same user again it says already banned and also on ban list the same username is banned it shows

So the username is banned, but somebody is able to re-use the same name? Well, you better wait for the super-smart people to respond then.  :-\

Arantor

Deleting an account will delete a member ban on that account.

Banning an IP is only any use if he isn't able to change his IP address (and if he has proxies, mobile phones or even basic knowledge he will be able to change IP address)

sarhad12

oh so i shouldn't delete after ban? to have him ban forever

Arantor

You shouldn't delete, no. But banning forever is nearly impossible anyway.

Advertisement: