Setting Administrator Permissions

Started by Klozter, March 15, 2013, 11:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klozter

Please forgive my question as I am sure it has been asked before, however I am new to SMF boards. Actually just installed it today.

I have setup a forum just for administrators and would like to set permissions for only administrators to see.  How would I go about setting that, please?

Arantor

Just don't give anyone else the power to see it. Actual administrators can see every board without needing to configure it.

Klozter

Actually, I just logged out to confirm, but can still see the Administrators category and forums displayed as a guest.

Arantor

Then you haven't set it properly. For each board in that category, go into the board's configuration and remove access from every group.

Klozter

Quote from: Arantor on March 15, 2013, 11:56:02 AM
Then you haven't set it properly. For each board in that category, go into the board's configuration and remove access from every group.
Would you please walk me through the process one time?  I am sure once I do it, I will be fine, but I am absolutely new to SMF and I know I have a large learning curve ahead of me.  I have always used IPB, but frankly just got tired of all the changes and security holes.

Arantor

Admin > Forum > Boards

Find the board you want to make admin only, select modify for it.

Scroll down until you see the list of groups with checkboxes, which is the list of who can see that board. Untick all of them.

Scroll down to the bottom and press save.

Klozter

Perfect!  Thank you so much for your help and PATIENCE!!!   ;D

Arantor

Advertisement: