News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Reply Button In Every Post

Started by Masterd, July 23, 2014, 07:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leftezi

I suggest a feature that would be helpful for newbies:

I think that when someone click on the "Reply" button near a post, he wants to answer to this post.
This would be helpful if in the beginning from the new post would be mentioned the poster from the post.

Example: If George have a post and i click the button "Reply" in his post, my post start with a "@George".
I hope you understand me.

This could be more helpful if the "@George" was clickable (url) and leads to George's post.
But i think this would be very complicated for the mods author.

Masterd

Quote from: leftezi on November 07, 2016, 08:17:44 AM

I think that when someone click on the "Reply" button near a post, he wants to answer to this post.
This would be helpful if in the beginning from the new post would be mentioned the poster from the post.

Example: If George have a post and i click the button "Reply" in his post, my post start with a "@George".

This could be more helpful if the "@George" was clickable (url) and leads to George's post.

That would make quoting somewhat redundant, wouldn't it? It's just as simple to click on the quote button.

dougiefresh

Quote from: leftezi on November 07, 2016, 08:17:44 AM

This code edit might work for you.  It alters the quote functionality to this.

In Sources/Post.php, look for this line:
Code (Find) Select
$form_message = '[quote author=' . $mname . ' link=topic=' . $topic . '.msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . '#msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . ' date=' . $mdate . ']' . "\n" . rtrim($form_message) . "\n" . '[/quote]';
and replace it with this:
Code (Replace) Select
$form_message = '[quote author=' . $mname . ' link=topic=' . $topic . '.msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . '#msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . ' date=' . $mdate . ']' . "\n" . rtrim($form_message) . "\n[/quote]\n@" . $mname . ': ';

leftezi

Thanks.
I wanted to give a try and have installed the mod in SMF 2.0.13 but i don't see any reply button.
Is somewhere a setting that i've missed or is it not compatible with 2.0.13 ?

Masterd

Quote from: leftezi on January 22, 2017, 04:22:30 PM
Thanks.
I wanted to give a try and have installed the mod in SMF 2.0.13 but i don't see any reply button.
Is somewhere a setting that i've missed or is it not compatible with 2.0.13 ?

If you're using a custom theme you need to make manual edits.

GL700Wing

Quote from: leftezi on January 22, 2017, 04:22:30 PMI wanted to give a try and have installed the mod in SMF 2.0.13 but i don't see any reply button.

Make the following change to ./Themes/default/Display.template.php:

Find:
<li class="reply_button_in_every_post">

Replace with:
<li class="reply_button">

(This also makes the change that was made to ./Themes/default/css/index.css redundant)
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Advertisement: